ND Got Jobbed

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: ND Got Jobbed

Post by Mace »

Papa Willie wrote: Rack the Mace sighting! It's weird, but I had taken Iowa to cover in today's game. Saw the score a little while ago and thought "Whoa - Uncle Mace has GOT to be happy!"

And then you're here. Hope you're doing good...
Yes, I'm very happy with the game today and I suspect you're very happy about the Georgia loss too. Doing good, PW, and watched a lot of football today because it was too cold to golf after the Iowa game. Hope things are going well for you too.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Dinsdale wrote: The violation couldn't have been any more flagrant if they were putting together a demo reel of when to call OPI.
And they did.

This play was included on the CFO video review package that all college officials have to watch during the season. They also included the pick play in the first half. The accompanying audio from Rodgers Redding the head of all college football officials, lays out why it is OPI due to the offense blocking downfield on a legal forward pass. He further reiterates that it is the responsibility of the offensive player to avoid contact with the defensive player in situations where one WR is running a route under or behind a teammate.

Further he downgraded the crew for missing the first call, he praised them for getting the second call, and downgraded the referee for his announcement of the second call, with a smaller downgrade to the back judge for not correcting the referee's announcement.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Left Seater wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: The violation couldn't have been any more flagrant if they were putting together a demo reel of when to call OPI.
And they did.

This play was included on the CFO video review package that all college officials have to watch during the season. They also included the pick play in the first half. The accompanying audio from Rodgers Redding the head of all college football officials, lays out why it is OPI due to the offense blocking downfield on a legal forward pass. He further reiterates that it is the responsibility of the offensive player to avoid contact with the defensive player in situations where one WR is running a route under or behind a teammate.

Further he downgraded the crew for missing the first call, he praised them for getting the second call, and downgraded the referee for his announcement of the second call, with a smaller downgrade to the back judge for not correcting the referee's announcement.
Did he downgrade them for missing the dead ball foul on the FSU DB for taking his helmet off?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I don't know, I haven't watched that section.

However, that foul is not called the way it was when it first was written into the rules in the early to mid 90's. Back then it was black and white. Take the helmet off and you will be called. Today officials are asked to read into the action. Pop the helmet off after scoring and you will get the call. Take it off to wipe sweat off your forehead, ok. To that point, players after a score are allowed to remove their helmet in almost all situations.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

He took it off and began yelling at one of the other DB's.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So it wasn't for the cameras, likely will never see it called. Same thing with the celebration rules. Back in the day when it first came in we were told to call it on damn near everything. Now a decade later it is hardly ever called because the celebrations aren't over the top anymore.