Whenever Obama parrots "transparency"

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Whenever Obama parrots "transparency"

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Just curious , screwey, who did you vote for last November?
Your mother.
So, you did vote for him.

Has he changed any of his tactics since November?

No, he hasn't. So STFU and do as you're told, boy.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Just curious , screwey, who did you vote for last November?
Your mother.
So, you did vote for him.

Has he changed any of his tactics since November?

No, he hasn't. So STFU and do as you're told, boy.
So how exactly would have any of those tactics been any different under a Mittens administration? I know you're a few cards short of a full deck, but please, try to think.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:So how exactly would have any of those tactics been any different under a Mittens administration? I know you're a few cards short of a full deck, but please, try to think.
We both know that the republicrats aren't as different as they pretend, but, there are a few differences. Mitt actually does have some sort of business experience. 6 months as a paper boy when I was 12 gives me more business experience then the jug earred dolt you voted for twice. Also, as much as you can claim to know exactly what mitt would do, barry has already did it to you and you just gargled "thank you sir, may I have another" between jizz shots down your gullet.

The really frustrating thing is that you and I are prolly not that far apart politically and we have a shit ton of company. Some of us lean lib, some conservative and we pull the lever accordingly even though we'd both likely vote for a viable libertarian. And
as long as our fukked up presidential election system remains in place, little is likely to change. If we went to a system, not unlike many around the world where there is a runoff election in the event of no outright majority winner, that could change. Unfortunately the fox running the hen house will let that happen when hell freezes over.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

smackaholic wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:So how exactly would have any of those tactics been any different under a Mittens administration? I know you're a few cards short of a full deck, but please, try to think.
The really frustrating thing is that you and I are prolly not that far apart politically and we have a shit ton of company. Some of us lean lib, some conservative and we pull the lever accordingly even though we'd both likely vote for a viable libertarian. And
as long as our fukked up presidential election system remains in place, little is likely to change. If we went to a system, not unlike many around the world where there is a runoff election in the event of no outright majority winner, that could change. Unfortunately the fox running the hen house will let that happen when hell freezes over.
That's worthy of a rack.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

88 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't BHO win a clear majority of the popular and electoral college vote, twice? Where are you going with this, smackaholic?
Yes, he did win a majority, but, change the rules as I stated and one hell of a lot of us will change our vote. Until then, many of us, on the left and right will toe the party line thinking that it is the lesser of two evils.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I would settle for the system we technically have in place, but, don't follow. You know that piece of toilet paper some old dead slave ownin' white folks wrote a few years back. Lobbying is only a problem if the lobbyist can get laws passed in his favor. If his lobbying was met by "sorry, I don't have the power to pass that law" those fukks would pack up and go home.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

A good start at fixing the way things are done would be to repeal the 17th Amendment and return the Senate to the states. I don't have the details to show, but I read that if states allotted their electoral college votes by congressional districts like a couple states do and not a winner take all, Romney would have been elected. As it stands now, the Dems start off right out of the gate with all the electoral votes of both California and New York. Puts the GOP playing catch up every election.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Wolfman wrote:A good start at fixing the way things are done would be to repeal the 17th Amendment and return the Senate to the states. I don't have the details to show, but I read that if states allotted their electoral college votes by congressional districts like a couple states do and not a winner take all, Romney would have been elected. As it stands now, the Dems start off right out of the gate with all the electoral votes of both California and New York. Puts the GOP playing catch up every election.
That's just sour grapes over your party losing.

The problem is that the voters are continually having to choose between two candidates that most voters didn't feel like they had any say in. We're stuck with the lesser of two evils ever year instead of ever getting a quality candidate from either party. I think if the extreme wings of both parties had less influence in who the candidates are the quality of the candidates would increase while voter apathy would decrease.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Wolfman wrote:A good start at fixing the way things are done would be to repeal the 17th Amendment and return the Senate to the states. I don't have the details to show, but I read that if states allotted their electoral college votes by congressional districts like a couple states do and not a winner take all, Romney would have been elected. As it stands now, the Dems start off right out of the gate with all the electoral votes of both California and New York. Puts the GOP playing catch up every election.
I can see how you might think that way. But a proportional system would really be quite appropriate for a state like California that's really two states. Other than LA, virtually all of Southern CA votes GOP and other than a few podunk blue-collar towns, all of Northern CA votes Democrat. Yet because our state awards all electoral votes to the winner, it goes "D" every year that Walter Mondale isn't running.

That not only discourages a significant percentage of the populace from voting, but means that Presidential candidates don't give two shits about the state, resulting in us receiving minimal federal dollars for things like roads and infrastructure.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

OCmike wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:
I can see how you might think that way. But a proportional system would really be quite appropriate for a state like California that's really two states. Other than LA, virtually all of Southern CA votes GOP and other than a few podunk blue-collar towns, all of Northern CA votes Democrat. Yet because our state awards all electoral votes to the winner, it goes "D" every year that Walter Mondale isn't running.

That not only discourages a significant percentage of the populace from voting, but means that Presidential candidates don't give two shits about the state, resulting in us receiving minimal federal dollars for things like roads and infrastructure.
And yet by the time California's polls close the Presidential election is usually already decided.

Obama DID win the popular vote by a pretty wide margin. Allocating electoral college votes by Congressional district would just give the state legislatures even more incentive to gerrymander their districts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

And the Republicans start off right out of the gate with Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, Kansas, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and Arizona.

So what's your point?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You could add to the dem ledger Or, Wa, Pa, Md, Ma and a handful of others. The big difference is that these are all big states with a shit ton of votes, the only ones of any account on the rep side are Tx, Ga and Tn.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:I read that if states allotted their electoral college votes by congressional districts like a couple states do and not a winner take all, Romney would have been elected.
Since Obama won the popular vote by 6%, you're also admitting that the GOP has gerrymandered the House of Representatives.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:You could add to the dem ledger Or, Wa, Pa, Md, Ma and a handful of others. The big difference is that these are all big states with a shit ton of votes, the only ones of any account on the rep side are Tx, Ga and Tn.
Why does it matter how big they are? The Democrats get two big states that predictably vote 55%-45% Democrat. The Republicans get 20 states that predictably vote 55%-45% Republican. Same fucking thing. I'd like to see a proportional vote for the EC in all the states so that the candidates can't limit their campaigning to just the swing states (most of the swing state folks would prolly be in favor of that too, I would think). It wouldn't be fair to change it in CA but not change it in all the 55-45 Republican states. But then, in 2012, Obama still would have won so I guess that wouldn't satisfy you and/or wolfie.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:
Wolfman wrote:I read that if states allotted their electoral college votes by congressional districts like a couple states do and not a winner take all, Romney would have been elected.
Since Obama won the popular vote by 6%, you're also admitting that the GOP has gerrymandered the House of Representatives.
Not saying there isn't gerrymandering as it is done by both sides, but, this can be explained by the fact that there are a number of urban areas where dems get huge majorities. areas that lean republican are nowhere near as lopsided.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I'm not DoD, idiot. Stick to being shit-stomped by your wife.
If you could read, I never said you were. I was merely reacting to BSmack's assertion that you were.

Nice rant, btw.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I'm not DoD, idiot. Stick to being shit-stomped by your wife.
If you could read, I never said you were. I was merely reacting to BSmack's assertion that you were.

Nice rant, btw.
Can't you fucking read? He never said I was DoD.

Die already.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Wolfman wrote:A good start at fixing the way things are done would be to repeal the 17th Amendment and return the Senate to the states.
Absofuckinglutely. The 17th amendment is the single most hideous mangling of our Federal Republic since its inception. As far as the Electoral College is concerned, states are (and should be) free to apportion their votes however they see fit.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

My bad, Screwy. I left off one word: beat.

Strange, though, that DoD got under your skin more than jizz-mopping does.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Transparency varies when you're jizz mopping. Translucent is probably the average.