What team should I bandwagon until CU stops sucking?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Re: What team should I bandwagon until CU stops sucking?

Post by Atomic Punk »

Dinsdale wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:Also, Oregon did not pull its starters out like they did against Crap State Jr College.

Dang... you must have watched a TOTALLY different Fresno St/Oregon game than I did.
That Oregon offense looked like the same guys from the 1st half. I guess the announcers were confused. That UO team was gassed in the 2nd half. They should have consulted your opinion.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'll stand corrected -- toFSU was the game that Mariota stayed in.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BTW, EvenAngrierDrunkerMike -- surely you have a D3 team near you? Probably charge you $5 to get in, and they don't care if you show up wasted.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Speaking of D3...

http://www.d3football.com/top25/2012/week3

All the usual suspects.

Don't tell me those perennial Top 5 teams (one of which I root for, and WILL make a game this year, dammit) aren't cheating like bastards. I'm guessing (just a guess) that those non-schollie HS stars somehow get some nice academic scollies to play there.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Van wrote:Moral of the story: BTPCF pretty much sucks to high heaven quite a significant bit of the time.
Arkansas was supposed to be a NC caliber team. Missing their QB was bad enough, but Petrino has destroyed the team and the program for god knows how long. Think about their situation: They suck now. But worse, how the hell can they recruit at this point? They have no coach. Kids have no clue what they're gonna do in Fayetteville, so what do the Razorbacks tell them to convince them to sign there? Petrino has f**ked them for years.
Well, in a manner of speaking . . .

War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Sudden Sam wrote:Actually I meant they don't have a coach beyond this season. I feel sorry for ol' John L.

Well, not really. I wish I was making $850,000 this year.
As do I. Of course, John L has losses of $27.5 million in real estate deals (I ain't typing that many L's). He's in bankruptcy right now because of it.

And as I see it, it looks like dude is more or less fucked. His income level is probably too high for a Chapter 7. His debt level is too high for a Chapter 13. That means he'll probably have to go with a Chapter 11, and with no guaranteed income beyond this year . . . :oops:
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

That's what I'm talking about! 1-0 in conference! We're back, baby!!!!

(I'm kidding about that last part, of course, but it sure is nice to have a reason to smile on a Saturday again.)
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

amazing win. and i mean losing to sac state and down 55-7 at half like amazing.

koa interview with webb says he audibled the QB draw.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

[quote="MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan"]That's what I'm talking about! 1-0 in conference! We're back, baby!!!!
quote]

Colorado - 1st place in Pac 12 South.

UCLA - last place in Pac 12 South.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Didn't think CU sucking really merited a whole new thread, so I figured I'd post this here:

You know what's really depressing about this season in particular? When Colorado sucked in years past, there was at least a player or two on the team that I could hang my hat on. Somebody who was capable of having a breakout performance. Somebody worth tuning in to see. Somebody who, even when the team as a whole sucked, was capable of doing some impressive things whenever he got the ball. Guys like Speedy Stewart, Lawrence Vickers, Jeremy Bloom, Ben Kelly, even Mason Crosby. This year, CU doesn't even have that "one guy." This entire team runs the gamut from forgettable to godawful. There's not a single player on this team that gets me remotely excited to watch. Paul Richardson could've been that guy, but he was out before the season even started. I just hope he finds a reason to come back next year, because this is about as bad as it gets as a fan. It's one thing to suck out loud, but to not even have one player on the team worth watching? It's disheartening, to say the least.
"Keys, woman!"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

You just described Kansas, Mike. What I can't understand... Who wouldn't want to play in Boulder?
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

I know. Recruiting-wise, there's no logical reason why Colorado shouldn't be a perennial Top 25 team and be in the hunt for an MNC every 5-10 years. It really just comes down to bad coaching, which, in turn, comes down to bad hiring practices. Mike Bohn should've been fired at the same time as Hawkins, and if he lasts past this season, I'll be even more furious than when he gave Hawkins that one-year extension near the end of 2009. Granted, Tad Boyle was a great hire, but you know what they say about blind squirrels...
"Keys, woman!"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Tad Boyle was a great hire. Your only worry there is if the Thunder were to ever finally lure Billy-boy to Oke City. Coupla more Final Fours and who knows? It could happen...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that's the double-edged sword as it were with CU hoops success, it gives Bohn something/anything to hang on....

the Embree and his buddies hire was an on-the-cheap move that only made sense from the perspective that Bohn got the Mac Era Donors on his side after they wanted to hang him after Hawkins. shrewd career move for Bohn, bad football move for CU.

Embree says all the right things and he doesn't act like he's got all the answer in a sock puppet in his office or off his meds in a presser (like Hawk)....but it was time to clean house after Hawkins. utterly. even Brian Cabral and the no one says is a good coach and apparently average recruiter CU legend Darian Hagan. Cabral is great and coached some serious studs but he's from an entirely different era of LB play. he hasn't had anyone really great since Dizon. and that was 6 years ago. and a big gap before that. great guy, but c'mon? this hodge podge of 2nd gen Mac guys isn't how big time programs behave. the psychology at CU is all wrong with the fans (though i see that ending....because the losing is so brutal).

it's also really really time for CU to stop hiring "learn on the job" coordinators. guys can be smart, know the game, but when you are trying rebuild the odds of those guys outsmarting experience on game-day is not where you put the money. you gotta see the tricks a couple times in live action, not on film the next day.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Truman wrote:Tad Boyle was a great hire. Your only worry there is if the Thunder were to ever finally lure Billy-boy to Oke City. Coupla more Final Fours and who knows? It could happen...
Tad was a longshot. this is a guy at Northern Colorado which has only been D-1 for maybe 5-6 years. and not on anyone's radar nationally. now, i will say my pops who has been going to OU hoops games since the 70's (BEFORE Tubbs).....and played some Juco ball...he said a Boyle UNC team that almost beat OU in Norman (was't a great OU team, but OK)...was one of the best coached teams he'd seen come into the Noble Center in a long time OOC. and this was the day after that game. a year and a half before Boyle got the CU job.

Bohn's searches tend to follow a pattern....find a guy with some local sympathies, lock on, and then pretend there was a process. Boyle has pumped blood into CU hoops where there was none for a long time (and they weren't that bad under Patton--even though he was average coach).....but Alvin Gentry wanted the CU job...and didn't even get an interview. the next season he led the Suns into the playoffs. THOSE are the kind of guys you interview.

Boyle is a win for Bohn, but i thought the Bzdelik hire was terrible. best thing that happened to CU hoops was him taking the Wake job. the guy is a prick who somehow made CU fans thing winning 2 conference games a year was "good". Ricardo never lost like that. his worst teams won at least 5 conference games, were above .500.
"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Back to the original theme of this thread....Oregon St seems bandwagon worthy - kind of an anomaly season for them....but with good line play on both sides, will win a couple more before they're done...
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

love the hail saban t.
"
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Well Spray, Texas did the same thing just a few years earlier. If Mike wants to try the burnt orange on for style, there appears to be plenty of seats opening up on the 'ol band wagon. We suck, but not quite bad enough to warrant coaching changes. Yet.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Mike, the Hawkeye bandwagon is still available for you and might be slightly more attractive after the Michigan State win....unless you watched the game. :) Penn State is coming up this weekend, so it's not too late for you. Not sure about our chances in that game, especially if Mark Weisman is out. He's not listed on the 2 deep this week after sustaining an ankle injury scoring the tying TD against Sparty.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

In other news, 3000 people show up for Colorado's "midnight madness" hoops event. It's still a far cry from being Duke or Kansas, but it seems like there's a definite sea change going on at the school. KC could probably speak more to that that I can. Basketball season starts Nov. 9. I've never looked forward to it more...
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

I don't think I can recall a weekend where Colorado was the biggest underdog in the entire goddamn country. Just a little more salt in the wound.
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK, due to circumstance of my frequent saturday viewing station, I have new game-watching company, fresh off the train from Louisville, a U of L fan. And with all the wonderful hours of CFB each week and the Homers only playing about 3 of them, it's nice to find other teams to root for, that you don't really give a fuck about.

OK, maybe it's not quite bandwagoning, more like bandrickshawing.

But Teddy Bridgewater is a stud.

Go Cardinals... or whatever the fuck you're called.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:In other news, 3000 people show up for Colorado's "midnight madness" hoops event. It's still a far cry from being Duke or Kansas, but it seems like there's a definite sea change going on at the school. KC could probably speak more to that that I can. Basketball season starts Nov. 9. I've never looked forward to it more...
in the post-Billups pre Morandais/Pelle/Harrison Patton era i'd wager i've been to a dozen or more CU hoops games where there were probably less than 3000 people in the gym. actual games. games where you could hear other "fans" on the other side of the CEC talking in normal conversation as teams dribbled the ball across the midline. seriously.

midnight madness as any reasonable success at CU is mindblowing to me. and war Tad Boyle. josh scott era is now.
"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

So is this team even worth driving 107 miles to see? I had every intention of going to the CU/UA game in Tucson this year, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. The game starts at 11:30 a.m. and my band has a gig here in Tempe the night before. So my options are to either drive down late Friday night and get a hotel room or drive down butt-ass early in the morning on Saturday, just to watch the Buffs get dominated and outclassed in every aspect of the game. If it was my only opportunity to see them this year, I'd probably suck it up and figure something out, but I'm going back home for Thanksgiving, so I'll definitely head up to Boulder for the Utah game.

What do you guys think? Say you lived about 800 miles from your favorite team and they're the worst team in the FBS and probably worse than half of the FCS teams. Would you pay to see that team twice in one year? Am I a shitty fan for even asking this question?
"Keys, woman!"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:What do you guys think? Say you lived about 800 miles from your favorite team and they're the worst team in the FBS and probably worse than half of the FCS teams. Would you pay to see that team twice in one year? Am I a shitty fan for even asking this question?
What's your time worth, Mike? Will your attendance be an enjoyable experience?

If you wanna go - go. If you don't; well, there's host of media out there that will allow you to keep an eye or an ear on the game. Or you may just say "fuck it" and sleep in. You don't actually have to be there to be fan of your team.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

No, it likely won't be an enjoyable experience. I can't even watch an entire CU game on TV these days. I'm usually clicking around for a more competitive contest before halftime. I'm a big believer in staying loyal to your team and supporting them through rough times, but this CU squad is testing my limits.

Watching the game today, I laughed out loud when they started discussing Colorado's "impact players." We have no fucking impact players. This team is just an utter disaster. Auburn could come into Boulder and roll us by four TDs.
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:We have no fucking impact players.

They all suffered an impact in this train-wreck.