Ruth Chris Steakhouse

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Re: Ruth Chris Steakhouse

Post by trev »

I appreciate most of the comments. My parents live about an hour out of Nashville. I am leaning towards Ruth's Chris because they have never been there either. And Mom has mentioned she would like to go. It's in the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, so I figure we could all spend the night there. The Hermtiage Hotel also has a $$$$ steakhouse. It just looked a little more rustic and less elegant. Although it's more historic to the area.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mr T wrote:RC is expensive but if you are just going for the ambiance then it should be fine and the steaks are decent.

While you are in nashville, stop in at Porter road butcher fri-sun for some fresh local beef, pork or chicken. The concourse at Vandy hospital also has a good farmers market on thursday with meats, cheeses, bread, ect.
Thanks! Will do.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:And Mom has mentioned she would like to go. It's in the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, so I figure we could all spend the night there.
Excellent planning. You can get your drink ON and not worry about Nashville police monking your buzz.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

BSmack wrote:
trev wrote:And Mom has mentioned she would like to go. It's in the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, so I figure we could all spend the night there.
Excellent planning. You can get your drink ON and not worry about Nashville police monking your buzz.
And the Nashville PD will monk your buzz.

Sin,
George Jones
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

If you are taking them out to eat to a place in Tennessee, why not make it a blues joint?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

While in nashville, you must go to fat mo's for a burger. Your cholesterol level will go off the charts, but fuggit, gotta die of something.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

jiminphilly wrote:If you are taking them out to eat to a place in Tennessee, why not make it a blues joint?
Blues is Memphis. Nashville is, well, pretty much everything else. Can't swing a dead possum without knocking over a half dozen world class musicians.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Nashville has a "white castle", if you've never had em', by all means, check it out. I can put away a dozen of those, no questions asked.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

bradhusker wrote:Nashville has a "white castle"
Yeah, White Castle, Ruth's Chris...both are chain stores, so I'm sure the quality of food & service at both are comparable.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Smackie Chan wrote:
bradhusker wrote:Nashville has a "white castle"
Yeah, White Castle, Ruth's Chris...both are chain stores, so I'm sure the quality of food & service at both are comparable.
If you are in east nashville, don't have wheels and are jonesing for a really shitty burger, I 'spose the Castle will do, seeing as you have no other options. White Castles are generally reserved for area that are too blighted for even McD's and BK to open a store. I doubt there's a neighborhood anywhere that is too ghetto for WC.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote: impoverished noggles.

This one's doing OK.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I despise White Castle. I would have to be 2 weeks without food to eat it. No, I've never really had a white castle burger. They just look extremely gross.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

How did a thread about Ruth's Chris deteriorate into a discussion of White Castle?

Not even in the same universe. Ponderous.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Bradhusker has derailed the thread about 3 times now.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mikey wrote:How did a thread about Ruth's Chris deteriorate into a discussion of White Castle?
Scroll up to the little blurb that appears at the top of every page here at T1B, and there's your answer.

Anyway, never tried a WC burger. Except for the ones in the frozen foods section at the market, I don't even think there are any in California, are there?

~does a quick check on store locations~

Nope, no locations west of Missouri. trev is safe.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:
mvscal wrote: impoverished noggles.

This one's doing OK.
Definitely a mudshark.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

trev wrote:No, I've never really had a white castle burger. They just look extremely gross.
They are. If you must eat one, it's best consumed at 3 am while completely shitfaced.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:
trev wrote:No, I've never really had a white castle burger. They just look extremely gross.
They are. If you must eat one, it's best consumed at 3 am while completely shitfaced.
:meds:

Sin,

White Castle's prissy little burgers ain't got nuthin' on me, especially at 3:00 a.m. - Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Van wrote:
Mikey wrote:How did a thread about Ruth's Chris deteriorate into a discussion of White Castle?
Scroll up to the little blurb that appears at the top of every page here at T1B, and there's your answer.

Anyway, never tried a WC burger. Except for the ones in the frozen foods section at the market, I don't even think there are any in California, are there?

~does a quick check on store locations~

Nope, no locations west of Missouri. trev is safe.
OK, VAN, let me clear the air here. FIRST, the ones in the frozen foods sections in supermarkets?
NOTHING LIKE A REAL WHITE CASTLE. I can PROMISE YOU THAT.
SECOND, Krystal Burger? GARBAGE next to WC.
THIRD? When you go to a White Castle with really good Management in place? LET ME ASSURE YOU,
PURE HEAVEN. Perfectly steamed buns, delicious chopped onions, hot and fresh, delicious fries, and an ICY COLD Dr Pepper!!!! ENJOY!!!
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sorry, but I can't see myself taking a roadie to Missouri just to try Harold and Kumar's favorite bongload-binge munchies fix.

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Papa Willie wrote:
bradhusker wrote:Nashville has a "white castle", if you've never had em', by all means, check it out. I can put away a dozen of those, no questions asked.

Dude - "Krystal" is the WC of the south, so that's where they'd go.
Papa, ive had Krystal, AT BEST? its a poor imitation of WC. Not in the same league even. Its like comparing a McDonalds cheeseburger to a Wendy's cheeseburger, NOT CLOSE.

Like ive said before, A White Castle with Good Management firmly in place? HARD TO BEAT.
We're talking perfectly steamed wholesome buns, delicious cooked onions, GRAB A SACK!!!!!
TRUST ME ON THIS, Back to my youth in OLD NEW YORK, dinner at the Ground Round, peanuts on the floor, movies on the wall!! BUT, lunch? WHITE CASTLE!!! YOU CANT BEAT EM"

I triple dog dare you to eat a dozen of these puppies with fresh hot fries, and an icy COLD Dr Pepper.
AND even try to tell me its not fuckin THE BOMB!!! You will be burpin and fartin' afterward, BUT?
While your downin a SACK? PURE BLISS.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

bradhusker wrote:While your downin draining a SACK? PURE BLISS.
FTFY.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Goober McTuber wrote:
bradhusker wrote:While your downin draining a SACK? PURE BLISS.
FTFY.
Dirty pool Goob, dirty pool, I call foul. A Sack of WC burgers is much different from a ballsack.
How do you guys manage to turn innocent conversations about our favorite burger joints, into filthy dirty sex practices? You guys are depraved!!!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

bradhusker wrote:
Roach wrote:But YOU are the certified cockologist.
I'll let you in on a little secret, im NOT certified, never passsed my boards.
So I guess the admins have to change your title to:

Self-Professed Free Agent Cockologist

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

KC Scott wrote:Brad why did you request the Certified Cockologist title then?

Don't lie - we have the PM
you have the PM? and how do you know its from me? Any hacker worth his salt could have sent it and made it look like it was sent from me. Just like right now, several of my posts concerning Goob's PhD. in cock studies have mysteriously vannished.
:shock:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

So, okay, brad, instead of 'certified' your tag should read 'amateur cockologist.'

You're like a weekend warrior of cock.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:So, okay, brad, instead of 'certified' your tag should read 'amateur cockologist.'

More like a pioneer of sorts. He's blazing new trails in cockology.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote: - Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger
I've never had one but those are supposed to be good, aren't they? White Castle is horrific.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Van wrote:So, okay, brad, instead of 'certified' your tag should read 'amateur cockologist.'

Hey, if you've got a COCK, wield it proudly! Am I right? Be cocksure, Stand erect and strong. Like Mel Gibson in "The Road Warrior".
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

And you wield one in each hand, right? Sorta like Bruce Lee....only with dicks.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:He's blazing new trails in cockology.
So, he's like the Captain James T. Kirk of cockology...the Louis Pastuer o' penis...the Oregon Trail of arcing splooge.

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

mvscal wrote:
I've never had one but those are supposed to be good, aren't they? White Castle is horrific.
Tommy's Chili Cheese burgers are some of the best you can get from any franchised store. You have to eat them in odd numbers to force them out of your system. Always order them with double chili as they don't charge extra for it. They are very inexpensive also.

I've had a bag of those White Castle burgers when I was in St. Louis and they were so bad (even while being blasted) I threw away half of the order. They were just the most awful things ever. I wouldn't argue with the troll about this either.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:
They're utterly fantastic, in a Dean Koontz kinda way. They're as disgusting as can be, yet so damn tasty...the perfect late-night gut bomb. As discerning as your cultured palate seems to be, I can't imagine that you'll be willing to look yourself in the mirror after downing one. Still, if you ever do, you'll surely hate yourself even as you laugh your ass off over just how ghetto fabulous the thing really was.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The WC burgern isn't that horrible. The horrible part is running the gauntlet of nogs for miles that surround the place, just itching to dispense a little justice for trayvon.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

You guys are killing me...

:lol: :lol:
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote: They're utterly fantastic, in a Dean Koontz kinda way. They're as disgusting as can be, yet so damn tasty...the perfect late-night gut bomb. As discerning as your cultured palate seems to be, I can't imagine that you'll be willing to look yourself in the mirror after downing one.
I don't know where you get that idea. It's not like I'm noshing on haute cuisine every night. I'll hit up El Pollo Loco, In and Out, Chick-fil-a, Del Taco, Carl's Jr or Subway on occasion. The average weekday dinner fare at Casa S.Cal would be grilled or broiled chicken, pork loin or fish in some various marinade or sauce with rice and some steamed veggies. Nothing fancy. I'll usually do something special on the weekends or if I have time off.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

I've been to WC while on vacation....and we have a place like it in Seattle (Dick's Drive-In).

The two places have left me with the conclusion that any food joint described as best to be had while drunk is best stayed away from when sober.
9/27/22
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Diego in Seattle wrote:we have a place like it in Seattle (Dick's Drive-In).
Probably would've been wise not to post that.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Can't be any worse than saying you've been to In & Out Burger... which I was in Kingman, AZ. Pretty tasty.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

I'm betting that mvscal has that bumper sticker for In & Out on his Geo Metro, with the usual edits....right next to the rainbow sticker.
9/27/22