Your Teams 2010 Season

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: Your Teams 2010 Season

Post by Killian »

Yeah Terry, he has you on a technicallity. They're playing at Hawaii, so they get to schedule a 13th regular season game.

And Schmick, are you ever going to link up where Bush was driving a 10 year old, $5,000 sedan? Or the bullshit about UF you constantly throw out here?

I'm pretty confident you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Killian wrote:And Schmick, are you ever going to link up where Bush was driving a 10 year old, $5,000 sedan?

That is actually true... kind of.

It was an 8 year old Impala, and was probably worth somewhere between $5-8 grand at the time of purchase.

Of course, that's where Toejam's half-truth falls short -- the tires and wheels he put on said car were worth more than the purchase price of the car. It's been estimated there was upwards of $30K in modifications done to said car before he left USC.

8 year old, $5000 cars are rarely featured on the cover of custom car magazines -- but I'm sure Schmick has a simple explaination for that as well -- one which surely involves some organized persecution of USC.

He was posing for pics with his car just about the day he left USC.

http://www.trojanwire.com/images/DUB_REGGIE_BUSH.jpg
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Reggie left USC on January 6, 2006, the mods to that car that made it DUB worthy were done in March of 2006, according to the write up in the magazine on it, and the the Magazine came out 2 months later, the cover says "New Orleans Saints" and the draft was April 29th, 4 months after he left USC. When Reggie was at USC it was just a 10 year old sedan, not even as flashy as the one McFadden drove around Arkansas' campus, was there an inquirry in to his car too?
Details and timeline, nobody who is interested in the truth about what happened at USC is interestd in details and timeline, instead they want to look 5 years back and say, "USC should have..." without putting any consideration in to what the evidence at the time was. They just want to look back and point out the things that they feel will make USC look guilty whether or not anyone could have known they were going on at the time or if they happened after Reggie left USC.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Again, got any links to this shit?

Reggie is a scumbag who put his interests above that of his team, and you can't take your nose out of his ass long enough to realize he shit all over you.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

SoCalTrjn wrote: ESPN hung from the Trojans nutsack in 2005 because they bet against them the entire 2004 season, including everyone at the net work picking Choklahoma to "steam roll" the Trojans in the Orange Bowl since they were tougher, more physical and played a beast of a schedule compared to the Trojans leisurly stroll through the Pac 10. Nobody at USC ever believed anything from ESPN was honest, they were just fanning the flames of Trojan envy and hatred nation wide. Look at the way the network blamed the Trojans for an agents wrong doing and shady involvement with Reggie Bush and his step father but immediately dismissed the other schools that had several players, as well as staff and faculty involved with agents since USC was wrongly punished by the NCAA. USC was wrong for not noticing Reggie driving a 5,000 dollar, 10 year old sedan and wondering where the money he got for that sedan came from, even though it was older than the truck he had been driving, but Florida is let off the hook when one of its players shows up in a brand new 70,000 dollar Escalade? A sedan that Reggie bought in March of 2005 but the NCAA is claiming he got in December of 2004 to try to justify taking away USCs BCS title won in January of 2005. Let's see ESPN cover what was in the sanctions with a fine tooth comb to check all the NCAAs mistakes, let's see a time line of the violations, let's see an unbiased investigation in to the NCAAs investigation, its evidence and their absurd conclusions, let's see a background on all the members of the comittee, what schools they went to and where their allegiances lie. The NCAA has made the rulings all public, why hasnt anyone at ESPN checked the rulings, their lack of precedence and their overall abusrdity. ESPN went as far as saying that agents and their unscrupulous "runners" "victimizing" NCAA athletes was an epidemic at schools nationwide, schools that are "powerless" to stop it... 2 weeks after throwing the Trojans under the bus and backing it up to make sure they were properly ran over for the same thing.
If USC was a school that ESPN had a vested interest in or even swang from their nuts, you know they would.

E UNUM PLURIBUS
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Killian wrote:Again, got any links to this shit?

Reggie is a scumbag who put his interests above that of his team, and you can't take your nose out of his ass long enough to realize he shit all over you.
Im not supporting Reggie, i hope he gets a billion paper cuts and dipped in to a vat of AIDS.
What I am saying and have said the whole time was that nobody at USC paid Reggie or lamar or did anything wrong. According to Lakes testimony, a USC assistant coach was told about Reggies dealings on January 8, 2 days after Reggie had declared for the draft and apparently went with other representation. USC should have looked in to it more but they couldnt have suspended him since he had already left the team.
You can look up the statements all you want, the NCAA has made them public. Reggie bought the Impala in March of 2005, Lake was in prison until February of 2005 but the NCAA said that Reggie got the car in December of 2004 so they could justify a 2 year bowl ban and give them a reason to strip the Trojans BCS title.
The article in DUB magazine says that Reggie dropped the car of at West Coast Customs in February of 2006 where it was painted, lowered, had the rims, interior and sound system installed.... a month after he had left USC. Even the parking paperwork Reggie filed for that car in March of 05 when he got it says the car was red, the car on that magazine is black.
Nick Saban went on ESPN and said that schools were powerless to stop the unscrupulus agents and their runners from getting to the players. Then ESPNs commentators said they agreed with Saban, just 2 weeks after USC was shit hammered by the NCAA because an agent tampered with one of its student athletes.
So what is it? Are the schools powerless in preventing agents from taking advantage of players like the case was with Alabama or is a school ultimately responsible for everything one of its students and that students parents do? If the agents cant be controlled at Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia... as was the case 2 months ago when players from all those schools were recieving inproper benefits from agents, then why do they feel USC could have controlled it with just 1 player?
Nobody who is at USC or supports USC is trying to maintain that Bush and the Griffens are innocent, they obviously were on the take from Lloyd Lake and Michael Michaels. They lived in a house rent free for 8 months but schools are not required to look up the lease agreements of their players parents homes and the story they gave to the school as to how they were able to travel was from money from the sale of their previous home.
The NCAA busted USC not for anything USC did wrong. USC was busted for not knowing what the NCAA feels USC should have known was wrong even though all the mandatory things USC was supposed to check up on were checked up on. Again its easy to say this or that should have been done years after the fact and when the truth had come out, hindsight is 20/20, the problem is that the signs you point to as being so obvious now werent obvious in 2005.
Take your "hate USC" glasses off and read the NCAAs report. Youre a very smart person, and with an unbiased look at the evidence you'll be able to see that 2 and 2 dont make 5.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

SoCalTrjn wrote:You can look up the statements all you want, the NCAA has made them public. Reggie bought the Impala in March of 2005, Lake was in prison until February of 2005 but the NCAA said that Reggie got the car in December of 2004 so they could justify a 2 year bowl ban and give them a reason to strip the Trojans BCS title.
Whether Reggie got the Impala in December 2004 or March 2005, he was still playing football at USC in either case and therefore was in violation of NCAA rules unless he either paid for it himself or his parents paid for it for him. I'm having a tough time believing either scenario. The NCAA could've dropped a 2-year bowl ban on them in either case.

As for the stripped national title, I think you're making a bigger deal out of this than anyone else. Killian had it right earlier: most fans remember who won the national title that year, and the fact that the NCAA now says there was no national title winner doesn't erase that from our collective memories. Poll the board, I think pretty much across the board everyone will say that USC won the national championship in '04.
Nick Saban went on ESPN and said that schools were powerless to stop the unscrupulus agents and their runners from getting to the players. Then ESPNs commentators said they agreed with Saban, just 2 weeks after USC was shit hammered by the NCAA because an agent tampered with one of its student athletes.
So what is it? Are the schools powerless in preventing agents from taking advantage of players like the case was with Alabama or is a school ultimately responsible for everything one of its students and that students parents do? If the agents cant be controlled at Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia... as was the case 2 months ago when players from all those schools were recieving inproper benefits from agents, then why do they feel USC could have controlled it with just 1 player?
Last I checked, ESPN is not the NCAA. It was the NCAA that decided USC's punishment, not ESPN.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

All of CFB is jealous of U$C's success. If SC wasn't such a dominating program.....1 National title in the last 25+ years then nobody would have been poking around. Ok, Schmickeroo.....let's take Bush out of the equation....let's look at all the other shit that went down.....steroids with the Ting brothers, Cushing, all the other bullshit etc....with the rapes, assaults, Matty L's ballroom dancing class......If you would take your cardinal and gold colored glasses off and take a realistic look at how Petey Pie ran things then you'd see the light......
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Back to shit that matters....

The 2010 Texas Longhorns should be a very good defensive ball club. I think that their secondary is the best in the country. Our linebackers are solid and we are ok on the Dline. We lost 4 to the NFL. We need to find a young guy to step up at DT and need Acho to have a good year rushing the passer. There are plenty of talented young guys but none are proven. If we get someone to step up, the defense will be solid to Top 10 in the country.

The biggest problem is on the offensive side of the ball. There will be a paradigm shift. Texas is going to run the ball. Garrett Gilbert will throw it but it is going to be off play-action. They want to establish the run. We will break in 3 new o-linemen, a new QB and a new WR. We have the skill players but need to get them experience. I look for Tre' Newton to start and Fozzy Whittaker to push him. By the middle of the year, watch for Chris Whaley. This kid is a beast. He is 6'3 and 250. He runs a legitimate 4.4 and was unstoppable in the spring game. We also need a receiver to step up. I expect Malcolm Williams to be that guy. A name to watch for: DeSean Hales. He is blazing and has great hands.

Here is the schedule and how I think it will turn out:

September 4th in Houston at Reliant vs. Rice W Big win

September 11 vs. Wyoming W Another Big Win. Andre Ware predicted Wyoming to come into Austin and beat Texas. What a total dumb ass. He thinks because he picked BYU to beat OU last year that he is some sort of genius. This game will prove him wrong.

September 18th at Texas Tech W Tech is tough at home. The last time we went there we lost. The difference is that we have a solid secondary and the last time we didn't. Tech will keep it close but Texas will score big in the 3rd and 4th and come away with a solid opening Big XII road win.

September 25 vs. UCLA W I was at the game in 1997 when UCLA embarrassed us. I was at the CU game that same year when Neweisel threw a pass to score 7 more points up 10 with :30 left in a game that was over and all he needed to do was kneel. This game will get ugly. Mack will not let up and Texas will return the 66-3 favor.

October 2 in Dallas vs. Oklahoma W Texas is better than OU. We have won 4of 5. OU is a solid team that will run the ball and plays excellent defense. I think it will be tough for Landry Jones to throw the ball against our secondary. We have the horses to run with them. Texas will win a close game and make it 5 out of 6.

October 16 at Nebraska W i for one am excited about this game. NU thinks they were shafted last year. I guess proof is tough for them to swallow. They want us and they will get us. NU will not move the ball. Gilbert will not be sacked 9 times. We will not need a field goal late to win.

October 23 vs. Iowa State W Big Win.

October 30 vs. Baylor W Another Big Win.

November 6 at Kansas State L This is a trap game and they seem to have our number. This will drop us in the polls and take us out of the MNC.

November 13 vs. Oklahoma State W OSU is rebuilding and will face a pissed off team in Texas. Texas will win big.

November 20 vs. Florida Atlantic W This will get ugly. Texas will get tons of playing time for back ups and pound FAU

November 25 vs. Texas A&M W The aggies think this is their year to beat us. Not going to happen. The aggy defense is pathetic. They will have a good offense and will score. Muschamp will have a scheme ready and JJ will not play like he did last year.

I see an 11-1 season with a birth in a BCS bowl.