Ingram Wins Heisman

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Re: Ingram Wins Heisman

Post by Diogenes »

Harvdog wrote:All you need to know about the Heisman......

Eric Crouch
Jason White
Chris Weinke
Charlie Ward
Gino Torretta
Rashan Salaam
Ron Dayne
Some other useless USC putz

all won the Heisman

Adrian Peterson
Peyton Manning
Marshall Faulk
Steve Young
John Elway
Herschel Walker

all were runner ups. I would take the runner ups.

Great Fucking award :doh:
You kinda missed one.

The difference being Ingrahm IS going to be a quality NFL RB. He may never be a star, but he's not going to be a wasted pick like those on the above list.

Compared with the committee's general track record, this is a genius pick.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Van wrote:Gerhart put up better numbers on a worse team, and he flat out carried them. Ingram was just a spoke in a really solid wheel. Even Sam was saying Bama would barely miss him, if he went down.
That's because he was all they had. If the rest of your team sucks so badly you have to have the ball every play, it inflates your numbers.

ImageImage
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Pretty hard to say who the "best" player is. Different positions, different teams, different competition. No chance for apples vs. apples comparisons.

Offensive players have more stats to compare, and are the glamor positions, so it usually goes to a QB or RB.

The Heisman more a competition of pub and hype than anything else when it comes to the final half dozen players or so. Stanford and the PAC10 never pushed Gerhart at all for the award until the last couple of weeks. The other guys, except maybe Suh, had coordinated publicity campaigns behind them all year.

I was hoping to see Gerhart win, but Ingram is definitely an impressive young man. Gerhart had by far better rushing numbers, and he carried a mediocre team with a freshman QB to their best season in what, 10 years or so. It'll be interesting to see what he does in the Sun Bowl with the starting QB sitting and even more focus on him.

That article that dio posted mentioned yards after contact or whatever. I've never seen a college RB (except maybe Earl Campbell) run over and drag as many LBs and DBs as Gerhart. Whoever wrote that piece must have never seen Gerhart. The guy is a fucking runaway train. If he gets through the line it's almost guaranteed he'll pick up 10 or more yards.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Papa Willie wrote:God DAMN at the B12BSH's in here.
Kinda' like looking thru the wrong side of the binoculars, eh?

And it's Big XII to you, boy.
Watch who goes highest in the draft.
Indeed. Suh is a top 5 pick, maybe top 3

Isn't Ingram just a sophmore? Think he'll come out? Doubtful he'd even be a 1st round pick. But he just might, since his dad is serving 7 years for bank fraud and money laundering and times are probably tough around the Ingram household.

No wonder he was crying... that trophy is worth some serious (if only temporary) bling for all his baby momma's dramas.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

JMak wrote:
Gerhart didn't come up for me until late in the season

yurafag.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Mace wrote:If Suh could "take over a game" like some here are saying, they wouldn't have lost to Iowa State
He could and DID take over games. They lost fucking 7-9, dude. Giving up less than 10 points clearly demonstrates Suh did his job. The fact Nebraska's "offense" is centered around the punter more than the qb isn't Suh's problem. Correct me if I'm wrong but in order to win a football game you actually have to put some points on the scoreboard.

I can buy the Gerhart takes. He did more on an inferior team against better competition. Logic should've put him ahead of Ingram.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Gerhart didn't come up for me until late in the season
Conceding to being an ignorant know-nothing doesn't exactly bolster one's credibility. :lol:
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Mace wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:Clown boy, ISU scored 9 stinking points...the defense did their job.
You play this loss to ISU quite often I've noticed. Let's be clear that Nebraska had 8 fucking turnovers, 4 inside the ISU 9 yard line.
2 that were in their endzone.
One damn field goal and you'd have nothing to post. Wouldn't that be nice?
First of all, I'm not a Cyclone fan and I rarely mention them on this board. Suh did not "take over the game" on that Saturday afternoon in Lincoln and the Huskers lost a game that they should have won. The point being is that he was not a dominant force in a game against one of the weaker teams in the Big 12 North, and a team that was playing without their starting QB and RB. I'm not disrespecting Suh....he's a great player....but, as I have already said, he's not Superman and he did not "take over a game" every weekend, as some would try to claim.
One last thing, dipshit....my posting here is not contingent on ISU winning game, as I don't give a flying fuck if they win or lose, and you're the only fucking clown in this thread.
Not a Cyclone fan, you really think I didn't know that Mace? Really? Man I'm glad you're here to clear things up.
Ya see you read bad...where did I imlpy that?
Anyway here's Suh's numbers, and yes he didn't dominate but had better than average numbers for any DT that day I'd bet. ISU only threw 19 times. He blocked ISU's extra point that gave NU every opportunity in the world to kick a FG had they not gifted ISU more times than than a fat man dressed in red come the third week in December.
My point is Suh's play and the entire defense was more than good enough to win if NU had an offense with a pulse. Your logic,(loose term) is he should have scored a couple touchdowns to save NU's ass, kinda tough, although he's had a few.
Mace, I always felt you were above name calling...I stand corrected. Good luck with the bitterness now and in the future.
I believe we've discovered a very important revelation from your posting style as of late, you're JON's old man aren't ya?

I'd rather be a dipshit than JON's daddy or a fan of Iowa. Go ahead, call me more names message board tough guy. Makes you a credible poster I guess.

Suh vs. ISU Solo 6 Ast 2 Tot 8 TFL 1.0/ 6 BrUp 1 Blkd 2 Sacks 1.0/6 QH 3
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mace wrote:To me, "taking over a game" denotes actually winning the game.
If Suh played on both sides of the ball then I would see your point. Or if they had given up 27 points then I would see your point. 9 times out of 10 giving up 9 points means you did what it took to win the game. He did everything he could do to help his team win on the side of the ball that he plays on, and then some. He's not accountable for his offense's inability to score more than 7 points against Iowa fucking State. If Nebrasks had won the game 45-42 and Suh only had two tackles and couldn't break through the line, would you have considered that a better performance simply because they won the game?
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote:Pretty hard to say who the "best" player is. Different positions, different teams, different competition. No chance for apples vs. apples comparisons.
Ingram v Gerhart is an apples to apples comparison, dumbass. Gerhart's numbers dwarf Ingram's and Gerhart was the sole focus of the opposing teams.

So 1+0 still equals one, retard?

Gerhart's numbers dwarf Ingram's precisely because Ingram played for the best team in college football.
He was the focus of the offense, not their only hope and prayer.

(Unlike Gerhart, which lameass Pac One team did he play for again?

Wait. I don't care.)

ImageImage
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

your idea of taking over a game is silly. anytime a qb or rb 'takes over a game' it requires the entire oline and receiving corp's cooperation. anytime suh took over a game it required him to toss aside a double team en route to the crazy numbers he put up this year.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M Club wrote:your idea of taking over a game is silly. anytime a qb or rb 'takes over a game' it requires the entire oline and receiving corp's cooperation.
Plus the help of his team's defense and special teams units.

No one player can ever take over a game, not in football. The very notion is absurd hyperbole.

Regardless, Suh did dominate, much more than Ingram. He was the better, more valuable and more outstanding player. So was Gerhart.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Mace wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:Clown boy, ISU scored 9 stinking points...the defense did their job.
You play this loss to ISU quite often I've noticed. Let's be clear that Nebraska had 8 fucking turnovers, 4 inside the ISU 9 yard line.
2 that were in their endzone.
One damn field goal and you'd have nothing to post. Wouldn't that be nice?
First of all, I'm not a Cyclone fan and I rarely mention them on this board. Suh did not "take over the game" on that Saturday afternoon in Lincoln and the Huskers lost a game that they should have won. The point being is that he was not a dominant force in a game against one of the weaker teams in the Big 12 North, and a team that was playing without their starting QB and RB. I'm not disrespecting Suh....he's a great player....but, as I have already said, he's not Superman and he did not "take over a game" every weekend, as some would try to claim.
One last thing, dipshit....my posting here is not contingent on ISU winning game, as I don't give a flying fuck if they win or lose, and you're the only fucking clown in this thread.

C'mon Mace, Jmak....what the fuck is your problem? As a fan of college football u should know what Suh does and how rare it is. Take over games? Well, pretty much...some games more than others.

And the ISU game? Ur suggesting he didn't have an impact? Please.... 9 points off 8 muthafuggin turnovers? Sit down. Texas had a great offensive lineman up against him (along with the usual double and triple team schemes) and Suh fucking owned him.

Suh made highly-regarded Division 1 linemen look like fucking JV players. What don't u get a about that?

Oh yeah....both you sorry fucks have a serious "hate all things Nebraska" complex going on. THAT is why you search for reasons to argue that Suh isn't the best player in college football. And your both bitches for doing it.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Papa Willie wrote:1.
3. I still would have voted for CJ Spiller. Motherfucker scored in every way possible. I'm not even sure Clemson would have won A game without him. I thought the Heisman was like the ultra MVP award, but apparently not.

4. I'm drunk right now, so y'all lick my god damned motherfucking colon until you get a lemon-lime taste out of it.

Watch who goes highest in the draft.

3. No arguement here against how good Spiller can be. NU and Mr. Suh shutdown Spiller in last year's Gator Bowl(Nebraska beat Clemson), tho

4. Suh will be the number one pick in the NFL draft.

5. Suh is the best player in cfb.....not Ingram.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Why is it so hard for you to clack out a few extra characters? Ths ant twtter, u kno.
I dunno....ever since I've been texting on a blackberry I've caught myself doing it more often. I never used to. Hmmm...I'm being changed by progress. 4 real!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Diogenes wrote: Gerhart's numbers dwarf Ingram's precisely because Ingram played for the best team in college football.
Challenging for you isn't it.

IF Ingram "played for the best team in college football" with a great O-line, QB, etc. etc etc., then you could've plugged in just about any above average talent and had some success....

And the argument that every defense Stanford played against WAS about stopping Gerhart...
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diogenes wrote:
Van wrote:Gerhart put up better numbers on a worse team, and he flat out carried them. Ingram was just a spoke in a really solid wheel. Even Sam was saying Bama would barely miss him, if he went down.
That's because he was all they had. If the rest of your team sucks so badly you have to have the ball every play, it inflates your numbers.

So you're saying that Stanford didn't have an effective passing game?

You might want to check the stats on that one, Kermit. You really are a fucking idiot, aren't you.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote:Pretty hard to say who the "best" player is. Different positions, different teams, different competition. No chance for apples vs. apples comparisons.
Ingram v Gerhart is an apples to apples comparison, dumbass. Gerhart's numbers dwarf Ingram's and Gerhart was the sole focus of the opposing teams.
Dumbass, I wasn't talking just about comparing Gerhart to Ingram. If you actually read my post you might realize that I was talking about comparing QBs to RBs to WRs to DLs, etc.