McCain "suspends" campaign

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: McCain "suspends" campaign

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Sorry, being a n...igger who can complete a sentence is a pretty poor recommendation for the office of President.
You had no problem voting for a white guy who could not complete a sentence. And you did it twice.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:So McCain has to suspend his campaign in order to address one issue? I want a president capable of multitasking.
That's a good little parrot. Way to regurgitate your daily talking points on command.
Sorry, but I thought it was a good point.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:As for McCain...there is no reason for him to "go to Washington" this week and try to help here.
How about the fact that he is a United States Senator, dumbfuck?

If he doesn't have a reason to go to Washington when Congress is considering the establishment of an agency with a bigger balance sheet than the fucking Defense Dept., why the fuck do we even have a Congress?
If you honestly think McCain is simply going to Washington to participate as an every day senator, then there's really no telling what you're willing to believe - looks like you'll gobble up anything, really.

If you think, regardless of his intentions, that he'd be received as just punching the clock to help out in his senatorial capacity, then we'll have to get pretty damn creative to describe the depths of your stupidity.

Take your first long, deep breath in perhaps months and set aside the election for a tenth of a second.

Is it really necessary for this sordid dog and pony show to use this crisis to achieve political ends? Who the fuck will be helped by that?

Who the fuck will be helped by McCain "going to Washington" and/or canceling the debate?

Hey politicos - where the motherfuck were you on this issue a month ago?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Tom In VA wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:
However, people in the "know" consider McCain's actions to be motivated by a sense of duty.

Suddenly Bill Clinton is "in the know"?
As to the inner workings of Washington and all that shit he's "in the know" a helluva lot more than I am - and I don't think I'd be going out on a limb to suggest he knows more about it than YOU or anyone else on this board.
Ahhh...I should have seen that coming.

Your standard "they know more than us, and especially more than YOU, so STFU and believe anything they say (at least when TOM agrees with it)."

Nice.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

PSUFAN wrote:Is it really necessary for this sordid dog and pony show to use this crisis to achieve political ends? Who the fuck will be helped by that?
These are politicians they work towards political ends all the time, it's what they do. Both candidates are playing the game right now, the game of ... "what's my next move, what's a counter move to that guy's move".

You don't think Obama is gaming this ?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mikey wrote: Your standard "they know more than us, and especially more than YOU, so STFU and believe anything they say (at least when TOM agrees with it)."

Nice.
Not really. I don't "believe everything they say" about everything. When it comes to mechanics of discussing legislation and political game I am compelled to respect their experience - whether I agree with them or not - as opposed to hyperventilating on message boards.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Of course he is - but his approach is far more laudable at this moment. Keep the circus away...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Tom In VA wrote:
Mikey wrote: Your standard "they know more than us, and especially more than YOU, so STFU and believe anything they say (at least when TOM agrees with it)."

Nice.
Not really. I don't "believe everything they say" about everything. When it comes to mechanics of discussing legislation and political game I am compelled to respect their experience - whether I agree with them or not - as opposed to hyperventilating on message boards.
Who's hyperventilating?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

88 wrote:If my memory serves me correctly, it used to be the case that when senators ran for president, they resigned from the senate so that the could campaign without being bother to actually do the fucking job they were elected to do and are being paid to do. I know Bob Dole did.

I don't understand how anyone could support the notion that Obama, McCain and Biden should be permitted to cash their senate paychecks without performing the job they were elected to do. If they want to campaign, fine. But they should have to do that as a secondary obligation to their primary responsibility, which is to serve the constituents of their state in the senate. If they want to spend their time campaigning as a first priority, then they should resign. What is so hard about that?
Sounds great to me. I'd add in that Palin's probably not getting much Governor work in either.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

PSUFAN wrote:
88 wrote:If my memory serves me correctly, it used to be the case that when senators ran for president, they resigned from the senate so that the could campaign without being bother to actually do the fucking job they were elected to do and are being paid to do. I know Bob Dole did.

I don't understand how anyone could support the notion that Obama, McCain and Biden should be permitted to cash their senate paychecks without performing the job they were elected to do. If they want to campaign, fine. But they should have to do that as a secondary obligation to their primary responsibility, which is to serve the constituents of their state in the senate. If they want to spend their time campaigning as a first priority, then they should resign. What is so hard about that?
Sounds great to me. I'd add in that Palin's probably not getting much Governor work in either.
No but at least she has some experienced political operatives running the show in her absence.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:Sorry, being a n...igger who can complete a sentence is a pretty poor recommendation for the office of President.
You had no problem voting for a white guy who could not complete a sentence. And you did it twice.
No, I didn't.
So who did you vote for in 2000 and 2004?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Tom In VA wrote:
Of course Obama is "playing the political game" too.

The difference is that he isn't trying to skip out on the already scheduled debates. Its clear now that the purpose of this is to delay the Vice Presidential debate, as the VPILF still isn't even ready enough to handle a softball interview with Katie Couric.

Its not the grandstanding here that is a problem. If McCain wants to make a big show of rushing in to Washington to help pass a bill that he's had nothing to do with the entire time that everyone else was working on it, that's really no big deal. That's fairly typical political grandstanding that you'd expect in a presidential election.

In an election the public doesn't get to see much of anything but bullshit to begin with. We have a few, small little moments of at least seeing our candidates spew their bullshit to each others faces in the debates, and that's about as close as we come to seeing any reality at all. McCain using this as an excuse to delay this shit, because he chose an incompetent piece of ass as his running mate, has gone well beyond the realm of political grandstanding into the realm of simply being a coward that can't live with his decisions. We've had presidential debates during plenty of crises, before. Hell, after Letterman ripped him, McDouche is releasing a statement that "comedy is innapropriate during a financial crisis like this". At this point, McCain is fucking laughing at anybody that is bothering to still stick up for him.
Last edited by JayDuck on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

PSUFAN wrote:
Of course he is - but his approach is far more laudable at this moment. Keep the circus away...
Not a bad tactic at all. One that is apparently shared by a number of his peers and contemporaries.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

88 wrote:There ought to be a law that says if you announce your candidacy for a public office, you should have to resign from your current public office to campaign for the latter. That is what would happen in the private sector. If I worked for a company and said to my boss, "Hey, I'm going to spend my time looking for another job, so I won't have time to do my current one. Just keep sending my check and if I don't get the other job, I'll be back." I'd get fired on the spot.
RACK

But it is what it is right now.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Personally, I wish that McCain and Obama would address some of the issues that are painfully evident to all at this moment - in a debate. I think that's what they should be doing this week - making it clear how they would begin to address this.

For that reason, I'm applauding Obama's approach...especially the "call me if there's anything I can do" part. We all know that there is NOTHING either candidate can do at this moment. I see the posturing that McCain is doing as unnecessary, and potentially harmful. I think instead trying to flesh out exactly where their policies might differ in reaction in an occasion such as this upcoming debate is probably the best either senator could do this week.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

PSUFAN wrote:Personally, I wish that McCain and Obama would address some of the issues that are painfully evident to all at this moment - in a debate. I think that's what they should be doing this week - making it clear how they would begin to address this.

For that reason, I'm applauding Obama's approach...especially the "call me if there's anything I can do" part. We all know that there is NOTHING either candidate can do at this moment. I see the posturing that McCain is doing as unnecessary, and potentially harmful. I think instead trying to flesh out exactly where their policies might differ in reaction in an occasion such as this upcoming debate is probably the best either senator could do this week.

DULY RESPECTED TAKE.

RACK.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Fine...agreed, by just about everyone here, I think.

I think a LOT of people would love to see the campaigning process reformed.

We both know perfectly well that McCain will not resume normal senatorial duties henceforth in this campaign. Let's not pretend otherwise.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
"Oh...I was campaigning for President when this came up" is the wrong fucking answer.
How about "I got stoned and I missed it"?
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

mvscal wrote:Let's also not pretend like this is some routine appropriation bill either. It is historically unprecedented in scope and scale and I want names and faces attached to it.
Sounds fine with me, but how about names on it that actually had something to do with it. Neither Obama or McCain were on the financial committee. Neither has had anything to do with it and a deal has been reached, before McCain even got to Washington.

But, if you want McCain's name on it, more power to ya.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

mvscal wrote:
JayDuck wrote:Neither Obama or McCain were on the financial committee.
Totally irrelevant.
Exactly. They were both totally irrelevant in creating this bill.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote:
"Oh...I was campaigning for President when this came up" is the wrong fucking answer.
How about "I got stoned and I missed it"?

Senator Spicoli might be a refreshing change to some of the loons there - way too long now - as it is.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Tom In VA wrote:Senator Spicoli might be a refreshing change to some of the loons there - way too long now - as it is.
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

RadioFan wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Senator Spicoli might be a refreshing change to some of the loons there - way too long now - as it is.
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."
Seriously, legalize weed and a whole new revenue stream for the economy will open up. Man if they do that ..... are Hostess, Li'l Debbie Snack Cakes, Hershey's, all the Pizza joints, etc.. on the stock market ? I'd invest in them because their sales will skyrocket.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I was sitting in my basement.
I just rolled myself a taste
Of something green and gold and glorious
To get me through the day.
Then my friend yelled through the transom
"Grab your coat and get your hat son,
There's a nut down on the corner,
Givin' dollar bills away"
But I laid around a bit
Then I had another hit.
Then I rolled myself a bomber.
Then I thought about my mama.
Then I fooled around, played around
jacked around a while and then
I got stoned and I missed it.

It took seven months of urgin'
Just to get that local virgin
With the sweet face
Up to my place
To fool around a bit.
Next day she woke up rosy,
And she snuggled up so cozy.
When she asked me how I liked it,
Lord it hurts me to admit,
I got stoned and I missed it.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:There ought to be a law that says if you announce your candidacy for a public office, you should have to resign from your current public office to campaign for the latter. That is what would happen in the private sector.
Yea, because people who already have jobs never use company time to post their resumes.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Last Updated: September 25, 2008: 2:36 PM ET
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Lawmakers have reached agreement on a bipartisan counterproposal to the Bush administration's $700 billion financial bailout plan.

Both parties and the House and Senate agreed Thursday to a set of principles on revisions to the rescue plan, which calls for the Treasury Department to buy up bad mortgage securities from banks in an effort to get them to lend again.
OK, it's settled. Now McCain can show up for the debate tomorrow.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And if everyone defaults on their payment to the Treasury Department?

Anyone else seeing the problem here?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Quiz time...

There's 535 members of Congress. One member has missed more votes than any other (by a good margin, last stats I saw).

That Congressperson is:

A) "Senator" John McCain,

or

B) One of the other 534

But he's very concerned about getting back to put an end to this "financial crisis."

Please tell me you're not stupid enough to fall for this, People?

His campaign suddenly doesn't matter?

Is that really what he's trying to sell?

Possibly the most disingenuous act I've ever witnessed from a presidential candidate in my lifetime. Absolutely deplorable.

But most of you are so fucking stupid and blind, you'll actually make excuses for him. I truly feel sorry for you people... brainwashed so badly into the socialist agenda that you've become blind to what's going on with the people who lay claim to what belongs to you, and you alone.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Lawmakers have reached agreement on a bipartisan counterproposal to the Bush administration's $700 billion financial bailout plan.

Both parties and the House and Senate agreed Thursday to a set of principles on revisions to the rescue plan, which calls for the Treasury Department to buy up bad mortgage securities from banks in an effort to get them to lend again.
OK, it's settled.
That's a good little sheep. "It's all settled." Just go ahead and blow through a limitless amount of tax dollars 700 billion at a time with a closed door meeting between a handful of representatives and no public debate on the floor of the House and Senate.

Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to work.

:meds: :meds: :meds:
That'll RACK

If there was a full, honest debate over this on the weekend, I'd have C-SPAN on over CFB. These back-room deals are fucking deplorable on something this important.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:

OK, it's settled.
That's a good little sheep. "It's all settled." Just go ahead and blow through a limitless amount of tax dollars 700 billion at a time with a closed door meeting between a handful of representatives and no public debate on the floor of the House and Senate.

:meds: :meds: :meds:

Kill yourself, idiot.
Oh, so John McCain flew back to Washington to put an end to this ridiculous bailout program? Dumbfuck.

I was just mocking McCain's efforts to weasal out of the debate, you gibbering fucktard.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RadioFan wrote:That'll RACK

If there was a full, honest debate over this on the weekend, I'd have C-SPAN on over CFB. These back-room deals are fucking deplorable on something this important.
If we had a full and open debate over this issue, and every member of the House weighed in on the issue for a mere 15 minutes, they would finish debate 9 days from now. That is presuming they work 12 hour days.

Of course the Senate has no time restraints. Which is good, because just getting Robert Byrd to clear his throat takes 15 minutes.

But my point is that a totally full and open debate isn't likely to ever happen on any issue. It's simply impractical. What I would rather have is a delay of a couple of days between the reading of the finished bill into the record and the final vote so that we the people and the members of Congress can read the bill before it is voted on.

And, as long as I am wishing for the impossible, I'll like a fully restored 1977 Burt Reynolds Edition Trans Am delivered to my doorstep tomorrow.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:I'm in no hurry. I think we ought to make time for something this big. All of our Congress-critters need to be on the record. This steaming pile dwarfs both the New Deal and the Great Society put together. IMO, there should be 100% accountability on the issue. Have your say and then vote yes or no. No parsing. No weasel words. No calling in sick. No 'present' votes.
Of course you want them to take their time. You would prefer they take forever since you're fundamentally opposed to the deal to begin with.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

[quote="mvscal"]

/quote]

Well that's a good little Rove Monkey! Gee, babs/Dio/cuda (all the same poster, but you knew that), where was this fiscal watchdog attitude when it was time to open the spigots to vast unaccountable hundreds of billions poured right into defense contractors' pockets for the war on an abstract noun...uh, "terrorism"?

Let's see, you've completely supported every single open-ended funding bill for the Quagmire--despite its disasterous results. You've supported every single effort by the current (unelected) cabal to remake the presidency into an imperial seat of power, despite the galling criminality that's ensued.

Basically, you've supported every single position that Karl Rove has given to Rusp Limpdick to blather on his fake radio show. And you do so under three different poster names with the dull dilligence of a traffic light.

And to top it off, you're SUPPORTING SARAH PALIN!

It would be wrong to say you're merely some ludicrous seething racist right-winger, tethered to your keyboard with a fifth of bourbon nearby. You obviously do this as your job! :wink:
Last edited by LTS TRN 2 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Before God was, I am
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Birdy -- I can totally see why you're flying incognito.

But if you thought Internet Hinduism was going to reincarnate you as anything but a tard...

bad gamble.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:And, as long as I am wishing for the impossible, I'll like a fully restored 1977 Burt Reynolds Edition Trans Am delivered to my doorstep tomorrow.
Really. That would be your choice of an automobile?
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

:lol:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:And, as long as I am wishing for the impossible, I'll like a fully restored 1977 Burt Reynolds Edition Trans Am delivered to my doorstep tomorrow.
Look before you laugh.

http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/Ban3/tabid/74/Default.aspx

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Sirfindafold wrote:Image

:lol:
I've seen that hand signal before. A picture I took of Al Gore in 2000 with a special lens given to me by some ranting dude in a kilt.

His hand is in mid raise to give that EXACT signal.

Be afraid.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Look before you laugh.

http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/Ban3/tabid/74/Default.aspx
Yeah, it's got a ton of horsepower, but I'd still sooner have a '69 Yanko Camaro or a '63 split-window Covette, or even a '67 Chevelle SS just based on aesthetics.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:'67 Chevelle SS just based on aesthetics.
Not a Chevelle, but my first car in 1978 was a '67 Impala SS rust bucket that still ran like a scalded dawg.