Brett Favre is now a NEW YORK JET

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Brett Favre is now a NEW YORK JET

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Were the Jets having trouble selling tix? Are they going to do an extra $13 mil at the gate solely because of Favre? I could understand the "marquee factor" in a market where they were struggling with attendance -- but I don't believe the Jets were having such troubles.

Making it all the more strange.
It would be strange if the Jets weren't moving into a new stadium in 2010. That means PSLs will go on sale sometime within the next 12 months. The better the Jets are on the field this year, the more likely they are to move those PSLs.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:I don't care if you've got Jerry Rice and Jim Brown on your team...

Without OLinemen, it doesn't matter...

Dumbass.

Sorry, I didn't play by your rules of what support cast is...I should've said skilled position players from the start.

All that aside, I do agree with that he's going to have a strong left side of the line in New York protecting his blind side. He's got a Lions reject, Damien Woody, blocking for him on the right side but he was a very good lineman in New England before he signed with the Lions and ballooned up moved from guard to tackle. Getting away from Detroit usually changes the fortunes of most players...see Jeff Garcia after he left Detroit and went on to have some success in Philadelphia and Tampa Bay when his career seemed to be over with.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

KC No more tears wrote:Thoughts and prayers, PackerFan.
You're a goddamn disgrace.

You and the sniveling assPacker fans need to get the fuck out and find another forum to wipe your crocodile tears away, KC OxygenNetwork.

RACK 'Tart, as usual.

Nobody outside of frozen cholesterol clogged central gives 2 fucks about that shit team.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RJ wrote:

You and the sniveling assPacker fans need to get the fuck out and find another forum to wipe your crocodile tears away, KC OxygenNetwork.

RACK 'Tart, as usual.

Nobody outside of frozen cholesterol clogged central gives 2 fucks about that shit team.
football must be fast approaching....Jimmuh is already in midseason form.... :D
get out, get out while there's still time
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

Felix wrote:
RJ wrote:

RACK 'Tart, as usual.

football must be fast approaching....Jimmuh is already in midseason form.... :D

He better be in mid-season form now, because the Raider's season could be over by week 4.
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Papa Willie wrote:Early August, 2008......

NY Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum sitting quietly in a room by himself ponders the future. "What will we do?" he thinks to himself. He's watching TV. He's watching the ESPN/Favre/NYC/Boston network.

Suddenly, the 59,405th news update on Favre blazes across the airwaves. Mike sits there and thinks "wow - we were 4-12 last year, and the Giants went to the Super Bowl. This year is going to suck as far as the Jets making money".

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big light goes off in Mike's head as he's watching said Network. "If we get Favre, we'll sell more merchandise than we have in the last 10 years collectively!!!!! DING DING DING DING!!!!!! We'll have what will amount to about $100 million in free advertising thanks to ESPN!!!!!!! Sure - we'll maybe win 6-7 games this year with Favre, but we'll be so bloody rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, we'll offset this move in just a few games!!!!!!"

End of story.

It's really just that simple.

HEY FUKKER!!! I SEE YOU POSTING IN HERE. SCIII/TNW FOOTBALL AND IT'S DESCENDANTS HAVE NEVER HAD STEADY ATLANTA FALCON FAN REPRESENTATION. STICK AROUND AND POST THIS SEASON OR BE SUBJECTED TO SMACK. THAT IS ALL.

velocet
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Papa Willie wrote:Hey! Don't hurt me! I pull for the poo poo team!

:lol:

C'mon man, just funnin'. On the serious tip, why not go a few rounds with the fans of whoever your team plays when applicable? At least for some division games. I've seen Bucmonkey around. Jsc has been spotted in the general area a few times ... tentallben too. All them plus maybe a return of PISC and a full NFC South contingent could be on hand for the first time.

As for the state of your team: been there, done that. I was posting during the Redskins Spurrier years. I know the drill. There is one thing you can possibly look forward to: running smack at an opponent's fan, calling your shot, then having your team, at the time admittedly weak, WIN one of the few times in the season that week. Sometimes when the W's are few and far between, that makes them sweeter all the more.

And you get to ram it down some chump's throat.

velocet
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

stick around and enjoy....Willie.

BROWNSFan here---->ohhhh, i've had a lot to CROW about since when???????????

1964 = 44 years and i'm 41'ish.

step it UP :hfal:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

It could be worse. Here's the biggest thing Cards fan has had to cheer about since 1947.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown