New Here, Hi!!!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: New Here, Hi!!!

Post by Mikey »

Bedpans....cool.

Do you get to change Foley catheters too?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...newbie
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Atomic Punk wrote: Hey, you could always run the weak Wags "bedpan smack" too. Big difference between you and myself in that regard? The rare times I would have to deal with a bedpan in a day... I mean the total time on the clock in a shift would equal the total amount of income you bring home a day after taxes. You got to deal with diapers, but you didn't get paid for it. Keep that in perspective.

But hey, maybe you'll strike it rich in the Lotto or something.
Healthcare is as close as you can come to a recession-proof industry. Doesn't matter how shitty the economy is, people will always get sick, drive their cars into each other on the freeway and end up in the ER, etc. Hope it works out for you.

As for your chosen profession (which you didn't state), your proximity to bedpans and inserting and removing catheters into unwashed genitalia depends entirely on what your job is. RNs and MDs don't touch that shit. That's for CNAs (Certified Nurses Assistants) and LVNs (Licensed Vocational Nurse). CNAs generally start at about $9/hour. LVNs make somewhere in the teens and RNs make anywhere from $25/hour up to as much as $40 an hour from what I've seen. If you're going to be an RN and specialize in something like Pediatric Critical Care, you can make some serious bank. This is especially true if you work for one of the nurse staffing companies, who pay you about 20% more than you'd make on the staff of a hospital.

I can't say I chose healthcare IT as a profession, since it basically fell into my lap, but i love it. I really enjoyed my anatomy and physiology classes in high school and college. For you cats in Missouri, and your minimal student funding, that would be "science class".

Lastly, you'll find that like with any job, there are good and bad medical groups/hospitals/ambulatory surgery centers/skilled nursing facilities to work for. The medical group that I started with was solely out for profit and provided shit care to their patients. I needed the paycheck, but in the back of my mind I always felt a bit shitty about working where I did. The company i work for now is the complete opposite. They're all about the patient first and making a buck second. Well, really, the basic attitude is that they know they're going to make money whether they're nice or nasty, so they might as well be nice to people and get them to want to stay with the company. As part of every job interview here, they make sure that you're not only a nice person, but you get interviewed by your co-workers to make sure that they like you as well. Makes for a very pleasant asshole-free work environment, which is rather refreshing.

Anyway, good luck.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

OCmike wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote: Hey, you could always run the weak Wags "bedpan smack" too. Big difference between you and myself in that regard? The rare times I would have to deal with a bedpan in a day... I mean the total time on the clock in a shift would equal the total amount of income you bring home a day after taxes. You got to deal with diapers, but you didn't get paid for it. Keep that in perspective.

But hey, maybe you'll strike it rich in the Lotto or something.
As for your chosen profession (which you didn't state), your proximity to bedpans and inserting and removing catheters into unwashed genitalia depends entirely on what your job is.
Not to mention that there's usually a very good supply of used tarp sized ladies undies in a nursing facility.
Flea
Crack Whore

Post by Flea »

This thread went well for my first effort :bode: :waz:
Charles De Mar
Elwood

Post by Charles De Mar »

Flea wrote:I'm a fuckhead and Goobs is my mother:
Suck dicks, faggot.
yumyumsaladbar wrote:Hey Pickle. I think we're going to be friends
Do you know when you have a wank in the tub and the spunk gets all rubbery and floats to the surface? - thats pretty much like your posts on this forum. You seem to me like like some sort of rubberized jism ....floating on a sea of soapy piss water
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ChargerMike wrote:Image

...newbie
Niiice one, Evel. That had to bring back some fond memories.

Probably only a handful of us left around here get that.