Adios, Marty!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:BTW, both teams from that division played in the conference final. So I don't know where you get off saying that division was is the weakest.
Uhh...the Saints aren't in the NFC North there, Champ.
Yeah, but they were in the same conference.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Tom In VA wrote:BBMarley,

I think the point he's making is that the offense coughed up the ball resulting in 7 direct points AND the other times they coughed it up gave the Colts great field position making it impossible for them to NOT score.

Crap, I think two fumbled were either in Colts field goal range or just took ONE first down to get them within field goal range.

Anyhow. That's what I think he's saying.

BTW, both teams from that division played in the conference final. So I don't know where you get off saying that division was is the weakest.
Of the 4 turnovers- only 1 led to points. Benson's fumble was at the Chicago 48, Indy went 3 & out and punted. Sander's INT was at INdy's 21- they ran 4 plays and punted. Hayden's INT was run for a TD... and Grossman's fumble was right after Fletcher had fumbled deep in their own terrioty. But Indy only held the ball for 1:18 and missed the field goal. Only 1 turnover gave them points...

He is trying to paint the picture that the Bears D was so dominant that if Grossman hadn't turned the ball over- they would have won... but when the other teams offense puts up 400+ yards, pick up 4.8 YPC on the ground and holds the ball for 17 more minutes more than you- it is clearly not the case.

Also- what do you mean that both teams from that divison played in the confernece final? The only team other that had any chance of making it from the North was Green Bay- and they needed all kinds of help to back in.. and they didn't make it in. Based on the strength of schedule relaeased at the end of the year, the Bears had a .400- the easiest schedule in the NFL. You're telling me that playing Detroit, Minn & GB twice a year wasn't an advantage?
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

IndyFrisco wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:BTW, both teams from that division played in the conference final. So I don't know where you get off saying that division was is the weakest.
Uhh...the Saints aren't in the NFC North there, Champ.
Yeah, but they were in the same conference.
That's what I meant. Yeah that's it, that's the ticket ....

Sincerely
Jon Lovitz

No, I fucked up bad. I was thinking.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Now waitaminute...you mean the NFC Championship is played between two NFC teams?

Gotta call bullshit on that one.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

If not, they were both in the NFL so there.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

BBMarley wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:BBMarley,

I think the point he's making is that the offense coughed up the ball resulting in 7 direct points AND the other times they coughed it up gave the Colts great field position making it impossible for them to NOT score.

Crap, I think two fumbled were either in Colts field goal range or just took ONE first down to get them within field goal range.

Anyhow. That's what I think he's saying.

BTW, both teams from that division played in the conference final. So I don't know where you get off saying that division was is the weakest.

He is trying to paint the picture that the Bears D was so dominant that if Grossman hadn't turned the ball over- they would have won...
Psssst! Shit for brains... Rivera's game plan was to stop the pass, which he did very well.

Colts Passing: 239 yards.

Rivera (as the D coordinator) can't game plan for Sexy Rexy to go 3 and out on almost every series of the game and turn the ball over!!!

BBMarley wrote:but when the other teams offense puts up 400+ yards, pick up 4.8 YPC on the ground and holds the ball for 17 more minutes more than you- it is clearly not the case.
430 yards to be exact, which is rather average, when you think that team had the ball almost 40 minutes of the game and twice as long as the other team!

By the way, it was 4.5 yards per carry and the Bears actually had 5.8 yards per carry, but the fucking team was never on the field long enough to take advantage thanks to "Sexy Rexy"!

The job Rivera did was even more remarkable when you take into consideration the fact... that he did this all without 2 of his top defensive players out of the game due to injury!

Tommie Harris on the D-Line

and Mike Brown at safety.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Well needless to say, it's hard for me to speak with my fooot already in my mouth ('sup BBMarley),

But, I hope Marty gets a ring before he retires for good. Frankly I liked him and thought he got a shitty deal here in D.C.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

420 wrote:Rivera (as the D coordinator) can't game plan for Sexy Rexy to go 3 and out on almost every series of the game and turn the ball over!!!
The Raiders went three and out on almost every series of every game and led the league in turnovers. Yet Rob Ryan's defense was rated higher than Rivera's.

Imagine that.

430 yards is average?

you're a fuckin' jerkoff.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Sirfindafold wrote:
420 wrote:Rivera (as the D coordinator) can't game plan for Sexy Rexy to go 3 and out on almost every series of the game and turn the ball over!!!
The Raiders went three and out on almost every series of every game and led the league in turnovers. Yet Rob Ryan's defense was rated higher than Rivera's.

Imagine that.
Were the "Raiders" missing 2 of their top defensive players since week 7???

Yeah, didn't think so... but keep enjoying the Myopian soup.
Sirfindafold wrote:430 yards is average?

When you have the ball 40 of the 60 minutes? Yeah, you're right... my bad.

It would be considered below average.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

420 wrote:
Sirfindafold wrote:

Imagine that.
Were the "Raiders" missing 2 of their top defensive players since week 7???

Yeah, didn't think so... but keep enjoying the Myopian soup.
Sirfindafold wrote:430 yards is average?

When you have the ball 40 of the 60 minutes? Yeah, you're right... my bad.

It would be considered below average.

...NO, the raiduhs do not have 2 top defensive players! :oops:

...the chum is in the water...
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

420 wrote:It would be considered below average.
Below average characterizes a team that gives up 430 yards during the biggest game of the year when they gave up 294 yards a game during the regular season?

Rivera's vaunted defense allowed a 7-1/2 minute scoring drive to open the second half with his team only trailing by two. Nice adjustments Ron. Stay in cover two all game and watch peyton pick you apart. And hey, maybe next time you'll cover the back out of the backfield.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sirfinafold,

15 yard penalty for troll being grossly out of character.

P.S. Go fuck yourself.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

420 wrote:
Psssst! Shit for brains... Rivera's game plan was to stop the pass, which he did very well.

Colts Passing: 239 yards.

Rivera (as the D coordinator) can't game plan for Sexy Rexy to go 3 and out on almost every series of the game and turn the ball over!!!

If stopping the pass means allowing the Colts to run all over you, complete all their short passes, gradualy eating up the clock and putting points on the board - then yeah- he did a stellar job! He did nothing to adjust when it was evidenet that his game plan wasn't working.
420 wrote:
BBMarley wrote:but when the other teams offense puts up 400+ yards, pick up 4.8 YPC on the ground and holds the ball for 17 more minutes more than you- it is clearly not the case.
430 yards to be exact, which is rather average, when you think that team had the ball almost 40 minutes of the game and twice as long as the other team!

That was because they relied on running the ball, and short passes- eating up the clock... If Chicago was truely one of the best Ds in the league- they should be able to see that, adjust and stop what Indy was doing- instead they let them hold the ball for 7 1/2 minutes to start the second half...

And in what world is 400+ yards of offense considered average- esp. against what you are billing as one the top Ds in the league?
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Back to my original argument. I said you are smoking crack if you think Rivera could lead the Chargers to the Superbowl. The Chicago Bears had a pretty good defense, but I wouldn't give all the credit to the mastermind you think Rivera is. I'm pretty confident that Lovie Smith had a pretty good defense with the Lambs a few years back and I'm guessing he had something to do with the Bears success.

Rivera's experience with the 4-3 means absolute jack shit when you are taking over the Chargers. Rivera has no clue on offense, he has no clue about a 3-4 defense, and you think he can lead the Chargers to the Bowl? Have another mtool.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Hilarious.....

Any of the Boltheads here think after losing Shotzie, Cameron & Phillips there's a snowball's chance in hell of SD reaching the Super Bowl next year?

I'd rate they're chances for making the playoffs 50/50 at this point.

What a clusterfuck
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

DallasFanatic wrote:Back to my original argument. I said you are smoking crack if you think Rivera could lead the Chargers to the Superbowl. The Chicago Bears had a pretty good defense, but I wouldn't give all the credit to the mastermind you think Rivera is. I'm pretty confident that Lovie Smith had a pretty good defense with the Lambs a few years back and I'm guessing he had something to do with the Bears success.
Yeah he did.... that's why he hired Riveria as his D coordinator and it worked out very well.

So... you'll give Lovie credit for being smart and making good hiring decisons as a head coach and former D coordinator, but you wont for Rivera???

That's a big mistake!
DallasFanatic wrote:Rivera's experience with the 4-3 means absolute jack shit when you are taking over the Chargers. Rivera has no clue on offense, he has no clue about a 3-4 defense, and you think he can lead the Chargers to the Bowl?
So, you're trying to tell me... that a guy who at 17 years old, was excepted to every Ivy league school... as well as Cal, Stanford, and the California Institute of Technology... isn't smart enough to figure out the difference between the 3-4 and 4-3 defense???

Or, is smart enough to hire the right O coordinator and keep the ball rolling with the talent he has???

Do me a favor this evening when you make yourself a drink... make me one too.

I need to dumb down a litttle to stay in this thread.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

KC Scott wrote:Hilarious.....

Any of the Boltheads here think after losing Shotzie, Cameron & Phillips there's a snowball's chance in hell of SD reaching the Super Bowl next year?

I'd rate they're chances for making the playoffs 50/50 at this point.

What a clusterfuck
Scotty, you forgot Greg Manusky and Rob Chudzinski who also got promoted to other teams. :? That prolly puts the odds more around the 40/60 mark.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

420 wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:Back to my original argument. I said you are smoking crack if you think Rivera could lead the Chargers to the Superbowl. The Chicago Bears had a pretty good defense, but I wouldn't give all the credit to the mastermind you think Rivera is. I'm pretty confident that Lovie Smith had a pretty good defense with the Lambs a few years back and I'm guessing he had something to do with the Bears success.
Yeah he did.... that's why he hired Riveria as his D coordinator and it worked out very well.

So... you'll give Lovie credit for being smart and making good hiring decisons as a head coach and former D coordinator, but you wont for Rivera???

That's a big mistake!
DallasFanatic wrote:Rivera's experience with the 4-3 means absolute jack shit when you are taking over the Chargers. Rivera has no clue on offense, he has no clue about a 3-4 defense, and you think he can lead the Chargers to the Bowl?
So, you're trying to tell me... that a guy who at 17 years old, was excepted to every Ivy league school... as well as Cal, Stanford, and the California Institute of Technology... isn't smart enough to figure out the difference between the 3-4 and 4-3 defense???

Or, is smart enough to hire the right O coordinator and keep the ball rolling with the talent he has???

Do me a favor this evening when you make yourself a drink... make me one too.

I need to dumb down a litttle to stay in this thread.

Hey don't sell yourself short 420, you've done a admirable job of proving your ineptness.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

420 wrote:

That's a big mistake!
Yes I give Lovie all the credit because he has made that defense into the monster it is. Rivera is a little more than a puppet just learning the schemes. If Rivera was "all that", than he'd been hired a long time ago. I believe he has been interviewing quite extensively the past couple years. You think you know more than NFL front offices around the league? Fuck off chime boy.
420 wrote: So, you're trying to tell me... that a guy who at 17 years old, was excepted to every Ivy league school... as well as Cal, Stanford, and the California Institute of Technology... isn't smart enough to figure out the difference between the 3-4 and 4-3 defense???
I never said he couldn't figure it out, but I can guarantee that it would take some time to master. You have coaches who have been around football for years and it still takes them years to just get a handle on it. Mike Zimmer out front should have told you.
420 wrote:Or, is smart enough to hire the right O coordinator and keep the ball rolling with the talent he has???
So who is available that would be proficient in the 3-4 defense and has extensive experience to help ease this transition? Mike Singletary? Try again tard.

Every time you hit submit you end up kicking your ass. You are without question the biggest tard on the board. Take a few laps m2ool, better yet, run a freakin marathon for all your shit posts.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

mvscal wrote:...but his resume is rock solid and he shit sure isn't anybody's puppet.

Spoken like an apologist for the future dischargers coach?
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

mvscal wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote: Rivera is a little more than a puppet just learning the schemes. If Rivera was "all that", than he'd been hired a long time ago.
If you're trying to outstupid mtool, you're doing a pretty good job of it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's the best DC in the league, but his resume is rock solid and he shit sure isn't anybody's puppet.
Come on mv. He has been a linebackers coach for Philly. I guess he did a decent job there but what the heck, he was a linebackers coach, not the d coordinator. Since going to Chicago he has kept Lovie's system rolling. The Bears defensive success was not created by Rivera. Pat him on the back for not fucking things up, since there are plenty of coaches who can do that.

And I never said he was a puppet. I said he was "a little more" than a puppet. :lol:

If you have hopes of him being your coach than good luck.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

All this arguing and Rivera probably won't even be the guy.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

mvscal wrote:How much NFL experience does the errand boy your dipshit owner hired have?
You don't know? Here's a hint for you:

The number of years Lane Kiffin has coached in the NFL is one more than the number of playoff victories the chargettes have achieved the past 22 years.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

mvscal wrote:So they didn't win any playoff games when they played in the Superbowl in 1995?
Sorry, meant to type in 12 years. You know, the amount of years its been since you've been laid.