Arab control of ports?

The best of the best
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

upstart wrote:I love GWB ,but this is a bad
politcal move that could put the lefty wack jobs back in power.
Wow. Ignorance is on the march again.

Uhm, if an adminstration institutes a policy that has an end result of a terrorist attack, as your scenario portrays, wouldn't that make the administration that implemented the policy the "wack jobs?"

But feel free to continue destroying this country with your partisan hackery.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

I'm waiting for the libs to suggest the creation of a government agency to take over the port operations. Big guv'ment and all.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:I'm waiting for the libs to suggest the creation of a government agency to take over the port operations. Big guv'ment and all.
No shit. I'm suprised the Sitting Liberal, Bush, didn't already suggest that.

Since government is bigger now than it was 5 years ago, and spending has increased, and the government is trying to remove civil liberties.
upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

Dinsdale wrote:
upstart wrote:I love GWB ,but this is a bad
politcal move that could put the lefty wack jobs back in power.
Wow. Ignorance is on the march again.

Uhm, if an adminstration institutes a policy that has an end result of a terrorist attack, as your scenario portrays, wouldn't that make the administration that implemented the policy the "wack jobs?"

But feel free to continue destroying this country with your partisan hackery.
My point is if something happend even if it was not related to the company
that ran the port ,the leftys would use it as a club to beat the GOP to death.
Three time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:They'd have control over operations. Not much of a step from there to getting around the security.
No. They will be leasing shipping terminals and have the opportunity to comply with the security protocols we designate. "Getting around security" will be no more or less difficult than it is now.
It gives them a better opportunity to have someone there observing close up.

We'd be just that much safer if it was owned operated and overseen by Americans. I don't think we should trust Muslims, they have no loyalty except to their own.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

upstart wrote: My point is if something happend even if it was not related to the company
that ran the port ,the leftys would use it as a club to beat the GOP to death.
Why thank you, Marcus Allen.

I'm neither a lefty or a righty, since I'm a "thinker," and espousing somebody else's political ideals makes you an official tard, but if this stupid fucking plan goes through, and then results in a security breach, it was written by members of the GOP, and if it goes through, it will be because the two-party system that now exists for the sole purpose of repressing Americans forced the rest of the GOP to support it, or face losing support. So I would fucking damn well hope they were literally clubbed to death -- I'll be first in line.

But then again, it seems in the current political climate, attempting to hold an elected official accountable for their actions is somehow akin to being a "traitor," so you never know. I'm sure there will be GOP supporters justifying the horrid decisions, and even defending a shitty Bush policy, and then post about how they backed such a "winner" in the last election.

Sad.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I see Chimpy is being his usual diplomatic self.
"They ought to listen to what I have to say about this. They'll look at the facts and understand the consequences of what they're going to do," he said. "But if they pass a law, I'll deal with it with a veto."
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/21/D8FTNQ400.html
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:It gives them a better opportunity to have someone there observing close up.
No, it doesn't.
We'd be just that much safer if it was owned operated and overseen by Americans.
Which is to say, not in the least bit safer. You do realise that a number of their corporate officers including their COO are Americans...didn't you?
Of course you didn't.
why do you hate America?
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

BSmack wrote: "But if they pass a law, I'll deal with it with a veto."
I laughed.

Sin,

Bush's unused veto pen
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

As an aside, I think it's funny that the previously brilliant Bush/Rove spin machine has completely lost it. Bush disregards popular opinion (because goodness knows, this isn't a democracy or anything), and counters the criticism of the Senate (et al) with "I'll just veto it."

Newsflash, Bush and Rove tards -- the country is in the midst of getting tired of your bullshit, a sentiment that grows stronger with each passing day, and each White House fuckup. It's an election year, and if you think for one freaking second that the rest of the GOP isn't willing to throw you under the bus to keep their positions, you're fucking crazy....and I'll fucking laugh WHEN it happens.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

mvscal wrote:
Mississippi Neck wrote:Damn, I may just have to vote for Billary in 08. Someone pass me the moonshine..or maybe even a pistol..
Just be sure to kill yourself before you vote, idiot.

Since when does being dead hinder one from voting Democrat?
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

mvscal wrote:
Mississippi Neck wrote:Damn, I may just have to vote for Billary in 08. Someone pass me the moonshine..or maybe even a pistol..
Just be sure to kill yourself before you vote, idiot.

Since when does being dead hinder one from voting Democrat?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

mvscal wrote:Oh dear...this must be terribly damaging to his prospects for reelection.
To be fair, I think he was talking about '06, not '08.

At this point, the Dems couldn't beat the Republic Party at it's nadir.
Empty threats from the party of poverty.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole. I'd never vote for Billary.

I would agree that some of the Democrats raising a ruckus do so because they see an opening to exploit.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Mister Bushice wrote:Seems to me that would be an easier in door for a terrorist to:

A: become employed by the company managing port security.
B: learn all he needed to know about port security
C: forward the info to terrorist friends so they can plan an attack.
At least someone's thinking in a practical fashion.

If this deal goes through, I envision the terrorists converting one of their ships into an American-looking one, sailing it into the harbour - then blowing it up at the entry point. No American ships can exit with the burning hull blocking the way.

Terror commandos then rush ashore in terror speed-boats, blow up the cranes and set fire to the forklifts - thus rendering the port useless. America is cut off and helpless.

Think about it people.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dr_Phibes wrote:

If this deal goes through, I envision the terrorists converting one of their ships into an American-looking one, sailing it into the harbour - then blowing it up at the entry point. No American ships can exit with the burning hull blocking the way.

Terror commandos then rush ashore in terror speed-boats, blow up the cranes and set fire to the forklifts - thus rendering the port useless. America is cut off and helpless.

Think about it people.
~~~ shudder ~~~

:shock:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:And then they will hold us for the ransom of.....

ONE........................MILLION DOLLARS!!!
I laughed.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Degenerate wrote:
BSmack wrote: "But if they pass a law, I'll deal with it with a veto."
I laughed.

Sin,

Bush's unused veto pen
and this gets a great big RACK!
why is my neighborhood on fire
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

mvscal wrote:
Mississippi Neck wrote:I would agree that some of the Democrats raising a ruckus do so because they see an opening to exploit.
Some Republicans too. It gives them the opportunity to flash their "tough on national security" bona fides.

It's all theater.
I like your "tough on security" stance for the Homeland. The more cum you swallow the more black men you have ate to keep off the streets. By now Crime Stoppers should have made you a millionaire or BILLIONAIRE! Then you could pay those terrorists that hold our ports for ransom.

Youre a great American.
I fucking suck.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

BSmack wrote:
titlover wrote:
RadioFan wrote: Link?

A big "liberal honk" agrees with mvs on this one, pardner.
Yeah, I guess "it's just business" will eventually butt heads with security after some nutjob blows a nuke or a dirty bomb in one of our harbors. But hey, as long as it's not on Bush's watch, right? :meds:
why would they blow up something they just bought?
Yea really. That makes no sense.

sin

The Mafia
not even close to the same thing. the mafia does that when a business is LOSING $$$$. you think these camel jockeys are gonna invest in something so expensive, then not even get an ROI.

think again Big Ben.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

mvscal wrote:
Some Republicans too. It gives them the opportunity to flash their "tough on national security" bona fides.

It's all theater.
But these are base methods the Republicans largely discarded in 2004. It's almost embarrasing to see it re-hashed so many years later.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:Seems to me that would be an easier in door for a terrorist to:

A: become employed by the company managing port security.
B: learn all he needed to know about port security
C: forward the info to terrorist friends so they can plan an attack.

Think about it people.
Not while Jack Bauer is around.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:Your only argument is based on pure, unadulterated, uniformed bigotry.
Tears Jerry. Tears.
ditto......

as I always say, mvs is funniest when he's not trying......
get out, get out while there's still time
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

"What was Bush thinking" is the ultimate oxymoron. He doesn't get paid to "think."

Following the GOP blueprint, the job of president goes to a likable, folksy, psuedo-populist stooge.

It's kind of funny in a sad, pathetic kind of way. It won't be funny when Iran sends a nuke aboard a cargo ship into a U.S. port.
Feb 22, 11:25 AM EST

Bush Unaware of Ports Deal Before Approval

By TED BRIDIS
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush was unaware of the pending sale of shipping operations at six major U.S. seaports to a state-owned business in the United Arab Emirates until the deal already had been approved by his administration, the White House said Wednesday.

Defending the deal anew, the administration also said that it should have briefed Congress sooner about the transaction, which has triggered a major political backlash among both Republicans and Democrats.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/ ... 2-10-50-29
Bush was probably busy napping, running the treadmill, or engrossed in a MAD magazine while the grown-ups worked out the details.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

This move has united Hillary Clinton and Bill Frist.

Nuff said.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm just wondering if W realizes how that whole "veto" thing works...since he's never done it before, and well...he ain't exactly the sharpest guy.

I wonder if he realizes that if he pisses off 2/3rd of the Senate, his veto don't mean shit? And it would sure appear that by turning over port operations to people who have at least the appearance of a 9/11 cloud around them, that he's pissed off 2/3 of the Senate.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm just wondering if W realizes

erm,

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...ok, you were saying?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

I don't have a problem with this sale, other than the fact that I'd rather have NO foreign gov't run ANY of our ports. But if our gov't is going to allow the practice, these guys are as good as anyone else.

While in the Navy, my ship pulled into port twice in the U.A.E. and security was far better there than in other countries such as Bahrain that are much more extremist.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Dinsdale wrote:I'm just wondering if W realizes how that whole "veto" thing works...since he's never done it before, and well...he ain't exactly the sharpest guy.

I wonder if he realizes that if he pisses off 2/3rd of the Senate, his veto don't mean shit? And it would sure appear that by turning over port operations to people who have at least the appearance of a 9/11 cloud around them, that he's pissed off 2/3 of the Senate.
all young, male muslims have the Al Queda, jihad 'cloud' around them. so what?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Security issues aside, I'm assuming that the UAE wants this becuase it will be profitable. So why aren't these pfofits going to be staying right here in the US of A?

That's yet another issue I have with this. How about we look to get some goodwill from Americans, right here at home?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Because our strength lies in our wealth. The more of that wealth we keep, the better.

Is that so wrong?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Blah, blah, blah.

So how about gaining some wealth, then?
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

There is not reason this shouldn't be approved. ALl this politcking is complete nonsense. Geez, the UAE is an ally in the fight on terror.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:What's holding you back? Make it happen.
Well, I've got $6.799999980.

Spot me a 20?

Help me out, and I'll make you the head of the HR department. I can't think of anyone better to make sure all appropriate Affirmative Action policies are followed.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Nice backpedal.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Nice backpedal.
Busted.

I guess giving mvscal a ranking position at the ports would create a Mexican security threat.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Bludgeoned in the cunt, Dins resorts to personal race smack.

Brilliant, let me know how that works out.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If you'd care to cite where I backpedalled, you wouldn't sound quite as stupid right now.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Oh, you mean this part?
Dinsdale wrote:Because our strength lies in our wealth. The more of that wealth we keep, the better.

Is that so wrong?
mvscal wrote:We aren't losing any wealth because there weren't any American corporations involved in the process in the first place.
Dinsdale, take two wrote:So how about gaining some wealth, then?
No real surprise that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

What the fuck are you talking about, moron?

Are you this fucking dense?

-There is profit to be made.

-I would like to see an American company make these profits, rather than a foreign outfit.

What part of that are you struggling with, comrade?

This opinion hasn't changed from the get-go, regardless how much you'd like to BODE yourself by making shit up.