McCain's Veep

The best of the best
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: McCain's Veep

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

mvscal wrote:... bald faced lies about her party affiliation, fake myspace pages and unsubstantiated rumor mongering about her pregnancy.
Payback is a bitch.

Reap the whirlwind.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

You've never fucked a Democrat.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

War Wagon wrote:
Martyred wrote: Watching you mouth-breathers tear each other apart is sport.
You should see me argue with my wife.

The "make-up" is awesome.
Deep down inside, I know you're a decent guy, Wags.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

War Wagon wrote:You've never fucked a Democrat.
He was a Bush supporter. He's fucked tons of Democrats.
Why don’t you just STFU.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

War Wagon wrote:
M Club wrote:...obama's experience is far more impressive than palin's
Really? How so? Please, detail this impressive experience. Throw in any accomplishments while you're at it... prior to managing to get nominated, that is.

Jeebus, this is like shooting fish in a barrel. No wonder the incompetent Dem party gets throttled election cycle after election cycle. You're a bunch of caterwauling children trying to sit at the grownups table. And once you do finally grow-up, you'll want to change seats.
please, fool. obama spent eight years in a state legislature and four more in the u.s. senate. he's much more versed on the issues the presidency is concerned with than some chick who ran pta meetings. she has more executive experience than obama, but even he could cut his commander-in-chief cherry by standing at the airport and waving goodbye to a bunch of troops about to be deployed to iraq a la palin. if executive experience is the issue here, then by all means compare obama's to mccain's, who somehow "knows" how to win wars. uh, yeah.

i don't know what you mean by throttled cycle after cycle. the dems took back control of both houses and are going to make gains, not to mention have the next potus. the repubz had control of the house for 12 years after 40 years in the minority. the senate was a similar situation.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

mvscal wrote:
M Club wrote:i will credit mccain for prudent management, though. why pay for a thorough vetting when you can have the media do it for you?
The "media vetting" you refer to consists of bald faced lies about her party affiliation, fake myspace pages and unsubstantiated rumor mongering about her pregnancy. Since we're on the subject of media vetting, where is Onogga's real birth certificate by the way?

If that's too much for you then you would mind explaining how the act of running for president provides relevant experience for actually being president. That'd be a big help. I appreciate it.
you should refrain from blanket hysterics. i fully agree it's pitiful to pursue rumors about a fake preggers or to pin some 18-year-old's affection for rednecks and "fucking shit up" on palin. but the bald-faced lies about party affiliation? hardly. running steven's 527? troopergate? if it weren't such an issue she'd help fastrack the investigation as to be exonerated asap rather than try to delay her deposition.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

M Club wrote:obama spent eight years in a state legislature and four more in the u.s. senate.

Damnit man, please try to get your facts straight before coming in here with cheeks wide open.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Martyred wrote:
War Wagon wrote:You've never fucked a Democrat.
He was a Bush supporter. He's fucked tons of Democrats.
Now you're back to your game. RACK.

It's like a hitter in baseball, sometimes focusing on the home run actually impedes you from getting it.

Good to see you back in form.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Thanks pal.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

M Club wrote:you should refrain from blanket hysterics. i fully agree it's pitiful to pursue rumors about a fake preggers or to pin some 18-year-old's affection for rednecks and "fucking shit up" on palin. but the bald-faced lies about party affiliation? hardly. running steven's 527? troopergate? if it weren't such an issue she'd help fastrack the investigation as to be exonerated asap rather than try to delay her deposition.
Did you actually read the link you posted ? It was actually addressing the fact Palin has been a registered Republican since 1982.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Nishlord wrote:
Seriously. Bin-bag Smack? That's the best you could come up with?
no, it's what i did come up with. you're proud of your government-issued trash bags?

don't get me wrong, nish; i'm glad you limeys have something you can be proud of
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

M Club wrote:i will credit mccain for prudent management, though. why pay for a thorough vetting when you can have the media do it for you?
you still don't see the big picture, do you?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Damn you Coods for bringing Nish into this discussion again, as if he's somehow relevant. Forced me to go back 5 pages, you fuck.

Before I forget to write this, RACK this thread.
KC Scott wrote:
Nishlord wrote:
Or to put it another way, a Limey and Canuck got together to comment upon an American candidate for election.
Yeah, It's called 'knowing stuff about the outside world'. You should try it sometimes.
The Wags school of mentality (oxymoron) is based on a small perception window. He forgets that many people are people, regardless of nationality, and that most of them are really OK. He also doesn't get that being proud to be an American isn't the same thing as thinking your better than every other country. Until he grasps that concept he's going to keep looking through that keyhole of thought instead of opening the door.
Um... Scott? Congrats on rejoining the land of the living and getting over your GLB obsession.. you are over it now, right? Good deal, I knew you would.

Alrighty then... I don't have a problem with Euros, or more specifically, Brits in general. Mother country as far as I'm concerned, and the best Rock 'n Roll bands by far. I'm not the ugly, arrogant American. Well, maybe I'm ugly, but that aside...

This Nishlord wanker? I'm quite sure he's not representative of all Brits, but this fuckstain can take his derogatory comments about America and shove them up his well lubricated faggot ass.

That's right Douchelord, I'm speaking to you. You best mind your fucking manners, or I'll make it a point of patriotic pride to slam your ostentatious whore mongering self whenever I see you splooge out another shit post on TIB. The best advice I have for you is to go fuck yourself.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Martyred wrote:
Obama and McCain are two sticks on the same Popsicle.

Wurd

Neither one are espousing fiscally responsible
Neither want to reduce the size of Government
Both are pandering to our religous whackos
Neither has much experience running anything besides a campaign

We could give points to McCain for defense - except he's saying the best defense is more offense
We could give points to Obama for motivational speaking and possibly raising our profile for the rest of the world

I want a Pro Gun, pro abortion, pro national sales tax candidate who can incentivize business to grow in the US.
I want that same candidate to give business the power to figure out Nuclear energy, Hydrogen or Natural gas cars and stem cell research.
I want a candidate that's going to piss all over any group claiming victimization and instead says shut the fuck up, educate yourself and go to fucking work
I want a candidate that's smart enough Not to throw any more money into the bottomless pit of iraq
I want a candidate who's got the balls to tell organized religion I support your right to worship your imaginary friends, just don't think I'll set policy by it.
I want a candidate smart enough to see the sense of a 40 hour work week consisting of 4 ten hour days.
I want a candidate who's willing to quit wasting money on the war on drugs and is content to let all the dopers OD themselves
I want a candidate that can negotiate global trade agreements that make sense and can somehow dig us out of the National Debt hole our kids and their kids are going to inherit.
And I want him to do that without turning the middle class into a slightly upper version of the lower class which is exactly whats' happening now.

Maybe when we start treating adults like adults instead of children a good deal of our population will grow the fuck up
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

C'mon Wags, cut Nishlord a break will you. His country singlehandedly fucked well over half the world, and I don't mean "shagged". Although they did enough of that in the countries they annexed too.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

KC Scott wrote: I want a Pro Gun, pro abortion, pro national sales tax candidate who can incentivize business to grow in the US.
I want that same candidate to give business the power to figure out Nuclear energy, Hydrogen or Natural gas cars and stem cell research.
I want a candidate that's going to piss all over any group claiming victimization and instead says shut the fuck up, educate yourself and go to fucking work
I want a candidate that's smart enough Not to throw any more money into the bottomless pit of iraq
I want a candidate who's got the balls to tell organized religion I support your right to worship your imaginary friends, just don't think I'll set policy by it.
I want a candidate smart enough to see the sense of a 40 hour work week consisting of 4 ten hour days.
I want a candidate who's willing to quit wasting money on the war on drugs and is content to let all the dopers OD themselves
I want a candidate that can negotiate global trade agreements that make sense and can somehow dig us out of the National Debt hole our kids and their kids are going to inherit.
And I want him to do that without turning the middle class into a slightly upper version of the lower class which is exactly whats' happening now.
Not that bad an agenda. You'll need to do more than vote for president in order to make that happen though. Don't forget we've had a lazy, good for nothing, Democrat MAJORITY in the house and senate the past four years. The previous six years with Newt's Contract for America and a hobbled Bill Clintone.... provided us with Peace and Prosperity.

Prior to the contract with America, the Democrats ruled the house for forty years. Bloated National Debt.

It's more than one person, is my point. Think globally, act locally.

Why don't you run for office in your town Scott ? Lead, don't follow.

Last thing, don't worry too much about our kids bearing the burden of debt. We should be able to help. With all the stem cells harvested from dead babies, we should be able to extend our productive lifespan a decade or two. I know I can't wait. Keep killing babies, safe, legal, encouraged, and PRODUCTIVE. It's about time those kids started contributing to society before they up and leave, against their will. Heck, debt reduction; extension of natural productive lifespan/curing of many diseases that currently cripple otherwise productive people; and solving the overpopulation problem. It's like killing three birds with one stone, only with one baby.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Tom In VA wrote:
Why don't you run for office in your town Scott ?
Uhhh........ No. mayor of Blue Springs isn't my idea of changing the system - And I'm sure i'd get frustrated listening to assholes bitch about trivial shit pretty quick.
With all the stem cells harvested from dead babies, we should be able to extend our productive lifespan a decade or two. I know I can't wait. Keep killing babies, safe, legal, encouraged, and PRODUCTIVE.

Dude, you're cool with me - and i respect your beliefs even though I don't share them at all.

There's a lot of kids that should never be born and bringing them into lives of abject poverty, abuse and neglect only to grow up and become either further burdens to society or wards of the state is, IMHO, worse than not being born at all.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

What beliefs ?

Just because I call abortion - what it is - terminating a human life, doesn't mean I'm "anti-choice" ... we all have a choice to terminate a human life or not. I just don't engage in the euphemistic terminology foisted upon us to desensitize the nature of the act. Now if your belief is that the baby becomes human "When we say it does", then you're absolutely correct, we don't share beliefs. Mankind has been historically inaccurate and fucked when mankind takes it upon itself to determine who is human and who is not, our track record isn't so good in that regard.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Most abortion doctors are Jews.
Why don’t you just STFU.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Martyred wrote:Most abortion doctors are Jews.
You were not aborted.

The Jews ARE flawed....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
Martyred wrote:
War Wagon wrote:...the irrational hatred of Bush...
wow...just.............
I'm part of the 28%, Marty... and nobody has a boot on my neck.

I'd vote for him again.
Of course you would, Whitey. You're a fucking idiot.

Wow, I have this sense of déjà vu.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Rack Gary Hubble - I'm down - just not that angry (cue Joe Walsh - Life's been Good so far)

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/2008198091324
There is a great amount of interest in this year’s presidential elections, as everybody seems to recognize that our next president has to be a lot better than George Bush. The Democrats are riding high with two groundbreaking candidates — a woman and an African-American — while the conservative Republicans are in a quandary about their party’s nod to a quasi-liberal maverick, John McCain.

Each candidate is carefully pandering to a smorgasbord of special-interest groups, ranging from gay, lesbian and transgender people to children of illegal immigrants to working mothers to evangelical Christians.

There is one group no one has recognized, and it is the group that will decide the election: the Angry White Man. The Angry White Man comes from all economic backgrounds, from dirt-poor to filthy rich. He represents all geographic areas in America, from urban sophisticate to rural redneck, deep South to mountain West, left Coast to Eastern Seaboard.

His common traits are that he isn’t looking for anything from anyone — just the promise to be able to make his own way on a level playing field. In many cases, he is an independent businessman and employs several people. He pays more than his share of taxes and works hard.

The victimhood syndrome buzzwords — “disenfranchised,” “marginalized” and “voiceless” — don’t resonate with him. “Press ‘one’ for English” is a curse-word to him. He’s used to picking up the tab, whether it’s the company Christmas party, three sets of braces, three college educations or a beautiful wedding.

He believes the Constitution is to be interpreted literally, not as a “living document” open to the whims and vagaries of a panel of judges who have never worked an honest day in their lives.

The Angry White Man owns firearms, and he’s willing to pick up a gun to defend his home and his country. He is willing to lay down his life to defend the freedom and safety of others, and the thought of killing someone who needs killing really doesn’t bother him.

The Angry White Man is not a metrosexual, a homosexual or a victim. Nobody like him drowned in Hurricane Katrina — he got his people together and got the hell out, then went back in to rescue those too helpless and stupid to help themselves, often as a police officer, a National Guard soldier or a volunteer firefighter.

His last name and religion don’t matter. His background might be Italian, English, Polish, German, Slavic, Irish, or Russian, and he might have Cherokee, Mexican, or Puerto Rican mixed in, but he considers himself a white American.

He’s a man’s man, the kind of guy who likes to play poker, watch football, hunt white-tailed deer, call turkeys, play golf, spend a few bucks at a strip club once in a blue moon, change his own oil and build things. He coaches baseball, soccer and football teams and doesn’t ask for a penny. He’s the kind of guy who can put an addition on his house with a couple of friends, drill an oil well, weld a new bumper for his truck, design a factory and publish books. He can fill a train with 100,000 tons of coal and get it to the power plant on time so that you keep the lights on and never know what it took to flip that light switch.

Women either love him or hate him, but they know he’s a man, not a dishrag. If they’re looking for someone to walk all over, they’ve got the wrong guy. He stands up straight, opens doors for women and says “Yes, sir” and “No, ma’am.”

He might be a Republican and he might be a Democrat; he might be a Libertarian or a Green. He knows that his wife is more emotional than rational, and he guides the family in a rational manner.

He’s not a racist, but he is annoyed and disappointed when people of certain backgrounds exhibit behavior that typifies the worst stereotypes of their race. He’s willing to give everybody a fair chance if they work hard, play by the rules and learn English.

Most important, the Angry White Man is pissed off. When his job site becomes flooded with illegal workers who don’t pay taxes and his wages drop like a stone, he gets righteously angry. When his job gets shipped overseas, and he has to speak to some incomprehensible idiot in India for tech support, he simmers. When Al Sharpton comes on TV, leading some rally for reparations for slavery or some such nonsense, he bites his tongue and he remembers. When a child gets charged with carrying a concealed weapon for mistakenly bringing a penknife to school, he takes note of who the local idiots are in education and law enforcement.

He also votes, and the Angry White Man loathes Hillary Clinton. Her voice reminds him of a shovel scraping a rock. He recoils at the mere sight of her on television. Her very image disgusts him, and he cannot fathom why anyone would want her as their leader. It’s not that she is a woman. It’s that she is who she is. It’s the liberal victim groups she panders to, the “poor me” attitude that she represents, her inability to give a straight answer to an honest question, his tax dollars that she wants to give to people who refuse to do anything for themselves.

There are many millions of Angry White Men. Four million Angry White Men are members of the National Rifle Association, and all of them will vote against Hillary Clinton, just as the great majority of them voted for George Bush.

He hopes that she will be the Democratic nominee for president in 2008, and he will make sure that she gets beaten like a drum.

<i>Gary Hubbell is a writer, photographer, location scout for films and photo shoots, and a ranch real estate broker. He writes a monthly column for the Aspen Times Weekly. He can be reached at
http://www.writerphotographer.biz.

Obviosuly article is a little dated - wonder what his take on Obama and McCain is
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

M Club wrote: obama spent eight years in a state legislature and four more in the u.s. senate.
Throwin facts around like Aesop....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: There's a lot of kids that should never be born and bringing them into lives of abject poverty, abuse and neglect only to grow up and become either further burdens to society or wards of the state is, IMHO, worse than not being born at all.
Fucking terrific. The Great KC Scott will now decide which kids shall be allowed to live, and which should die.

That's an awesome responsibility you've taken upon yourself. Who knows the potential of the unborn? Apparently, you think you do.

Good lord man, if ever there were a post that displayed complete and total arrogance, that was it.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote: And someone... anyone, remind me which part of the Constitution authorizes the Fed to set educational standards?
As much as this pains me... :meds:
Art4sec3

Learn it
Know it
Fear it
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

For those of you arguing experience, Obama spent 12 years teaching Constitutional law. At least he has a working knowledge of the document, which is obviously more than you can say about the current occupant of the White House. The Bimbo Librarian prolly couldn't even recite the first sentence.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

War Wagon wrote:
M Club wrote:obama spent eight years in a state legislature and four more in the u.s. senate.

Damnit man, please try to get your facts straight before coming in here with cheeks wide open.
i'm sorry, seven in a state legislature and 3.5 as a senator. or are we using partisan algorithms to argue it down to three in one and .5 in the other?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Tom In VA wrote:
M Club wrote:you should refrain from blanket hysterics. i fully agree it's pitiful to pursue rumors about a fake preggers or to pin some 18-year-old's affection for rednecks and "fucking shit up" on palin. but the bald-faced lies about party affiliation? hardly. running steven's 527? troopergate? if it weren't such an issue she'd help fastrack the investigation as to be exonerated asap rather than try to delay her deposition.
Did you actually read the link you posted ? It was actually addressing the fact Palin has been a registered Republican since 1982.
it began by addressing the fact her husband was a member of a successionist party. yeah, i know, she wasn't, but since you brought up double standards i suppose this jeremiah wright thing is now a non-issue, especially because everyone's so excited about her fundy beliefs and so she obviously subscribes to the christian notion that the man is the head of the household, wielding more influence over her than some crazy pastor.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

War Wagon wrote:This Nishlord wanker? I'm quite sure he's not representative of all Brits, but this fuckstain can take his derogatory comments about America and shove them up his well lubricated faggot ass.

That's right Douchelord, I'm speaking to you. You best mind your fucking manners, or I'll make it a point of patriotic pride to slam your ostentatious whore mongering self whenever I see you splooge out another shit post on TIB.
Quagmire.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC Scott wrote:
Martyred wrote:
Obama and McCain are two sticks on the same Popsicle.
Wurd
A few weeks ago you were saying that you were supporting B.O.

No longer so :?:

Btw, Dinsdale, Ron Paul is pro-life, and correctly so.

The living fetus is absolutely destined to be just like you.
Giving another person the ... choice ... to snuff that life out violates it's right to life.
And as Paul points out, if a person kills a pregnant woman and her fetus dies, he is responsible for BOTH deaths.

Abortion is a criminal act, sorry.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

My belief - it's not a baby till you pull out and slap it on the ass. sorry.

Wags - are you for welfare? No? Didn't think so.

Mighty Whitey of you to let the kid grow up in abject poverty and end up in the penal system all so you and your imaginary friend can share more speical moments.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

M Club wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:if that doesn't scream vice-presidential (a bad heartbeat away from the Presidency) material tell me what does
Of course her real experience dwarfs that of the jug-eared n...igger halfwit you've got. Onogga's only noteworthy accomplishment is talking about Onogga.
running a presidential campaign while simultaneously working in the us senate, not to mention whatever shady dealings he has going on the side, counts as far more experience than the trailer park palin was running that all you dittos are trying to pass off as executive experience.
The state with the largest land area and sixth largest economy in the US is a trailer park?

Just when you think the left couldn't be any stupider or more pathetic...

Okay, I never really think that. They can always find a deeper gutter.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom In VA wrote:
That's okay. Whoever he gets his talking points from should have a fresh set of lies in the morning.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

M Club wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Did you actually read the link you posted ? It was actually addressing the fact Palin has been a registered Republican since 1982.
it began by addressing the fact her husband was a member of a successionist party.
And now it's even worse. He's a member of a scumbag party, the Democrats.

So we know she can be bipartisan.

ImageImage
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Cuda wrote:
Nishlord wrote:
Seriously. Bin-bag Smack? That's the best you could come up with?
no, it's what i did come up with. you're proud of your government-issued trash bags?

don't get me wrong, nish; i'm glad you limeys have something you can be proud of
Well, don't back, tough guy - I'm bracing myself for the inevitable 'It's dark where you live while it's daytime here' blast. Just put me out of my misery here.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080 ... jwbcginwsg
McCain More Likely to Drop Palin, Bookmakers Say Mark Deen
Tue Sep 2, 1:04 PM ET

Sept. 2 (Bloomberg) -- The smart money thinks there's a better chance today than yesterday that John McCain will dump Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Before the Republican senator's presidential campaign disclosed the pregnancy of Palin's 17-year-old daughter, bookmakers in Britain and Ireland were offering 20-1 odds or higher on a bet that she would be forced off the ticket, meaning a 1 pound ($1.78) bet would pay 20 pounds. Now that same bet will pay no more than 8 pounds.

"While it is rare that a VP candidate gets dropped, it's not completely impossible,'' said Ken Robertson, political betting analyst at Paddy Power Plc, a Dublin-based gambling company. "Lots of our punters are betting `Shocking' Sarah's days are numbered,'' he added, using a nickname he came up with for the first-term Alaska governor.

The odds, based on wagers made online with Paddy Power and William Hill Plc and in their betting shops, also suggest that McCain is less likely to win the White House because of his vice-presidential running-mate choice, announced Aug. 29. Both gambling houses, along with rival Ladbrokes Plc, place Democrat Barack Obama, 47, as the favorite to triumph in the contest.

"Ever since he appointed her, people have stopped betting on McCain,'' said David Williams of Ladbrokes in London. "He went down like a sack of potatoes as far as the punters are concerned.''

Odds for Palin

Today, William Hill cut the odds that Palin, 44, would be sacked to 8-1 from 20-1. Paddy Power now puts the odds of Palin leaving the ticket at 14-1, compared to 28-1 before yesterday's disclosure about Bristol Palin, the daughter. The Paddy Power betting house is also offering 33-1 odds that she will go by the end of this week. Ladbrokes is offering 10-1 odds that Palin will quit the race.

Intrade, a Dublin-based peer-to-peer betting Web site, opened a contract on Palin to be withdrawn as the Republican vice presidential nominee. The latest price was 12 cents, up 9 cents today. Each contract at that price will pay 88 cents per contract if Palin leaves the ticket.

Political betting on financial markets outperforms polling as an elections predictor, according to a University of North Carolina study and figures from the Iowa Electronic Markets. Only twice in the century through 2004 -- the 1916 election and the 2000 contest between Bush and Democrat Al Gore -- did the betting markets get it wrong on the popular vote.

Eagleton's Demise

The last time a vice presidential candidate was dropped from the ticket was in 1972, when George McGovern's pick for the job, Tom Eagleton, left the Democratic campaign after disclosures he had undergone treatment for depression. McGovern went on to lose the election to Republican Richard Nixon.

"It would be disastrous for his campaign were McCain to sack Palin, but it is not impossible that she could stand down should party chiefs feel that she is too controversial a choice who might end up costing McCain votes,'' said William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe.

The betting houses also say punters are shifting toward an eventual Obama victory in November. Paddy Power said Obama is now favored 4-9 compared with 1-2 before the Palin appointment. William Hill said Obama's odds shifted last week to 4-9, where they now remain, from 4-11 on Aug. 21 and 2-5 before that.

Ladbrokes also puts Obama as the 4-9 favorite.

Odds on victory for McCain, who is 72, are 13-8, according to both Paddy Power and William Hill. Ladbrokes gives McCain a slightly better chance of winning, offering 6 pounds for every four bet on that outcome.

McCain advisers Stephen Schmidt and Mark Salter told reporters in St. Paul, Minnesota, yesterday that the campaign learned of Bristol's pregnancy when the mother was vetted.

Obama, campaigning in Monroe, Michigan, said yesterday Palin's children should be "off limits'' and cited his own mother, who gave birth to Obama when she was 18. Obama named Senator Joe Biden as his running mate last month.

I think she'll step down from the ticket, citing concerns for her daughter. But that's the last thing I want.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

88 wrote:I think it is much more likely that she will be casting votes as President of the Senate in January than withdrawing as McCain's running mate.
U.S. Constitution, Art. I, §3, cl. 4 wrote:The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.
Foreseeing a few tie votes in the Senate? I could be wrong about this, but IIRC, Gore's vote in favor of the Clinton economic plan in '93 was the last time a Vice-President actually cast a vote in the Senate.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

88 wrote:
Moving Sale wrote: As much as this pains me... :meds:
Art4sec3

Learn it
Know it
Fear it
US Constitution, Article IV, Section 3 wrote:Article IV
Section 3. New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.
Excellent work as always, counselor. :doh:
"down goes Frazier, down goes Fraizer"
get out, get out while there's still time
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I think she'll step down from the ticket, citing concerns for her daughter.
Sigbet?

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
88 wrote:I think it is much more likely that she will be casting votes as President of the Senate in January than withdrawing as McCain's running mate.
U.S. Constitution, Art. I, §3, cl. 4 wrote:The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.
Foreseeing a few tie votes in the Senate? I could be wrong about this, but IIRC, Gore's vote in favor of the Clinton economic plan in '93 was the last time a Vice-President actually cast a vote in the Senate.
And yet, there is a better chance of that than her withdrawing.

No matter how sleezy your allies are.

ImageImage