CBS News Poll - Grade Obama

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: CBS News Poll - Grade Obama

Post by BSmack »

KC Scott wrote:You're way too smart to get caught up in the "Pending Armageddon" propoganda - just look at what you see the markets doing now and how you can profit from it.
Some of us have generated 40%+ returns on long positions since Bush left town and then there's mvscal and poptart running around like Chicken Little yelling that the sky is falling. I just wish I had 50 times what I started with last January to play around with. I'd be a millionaire.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mikey wrote:So, GDP has turned around, unemployment is now on the way down, the markets are still booming.
Unemployment is WAY UP over what Barry told us it would be, you ridiculous asshat.

Btw, you neglected to include there how much DEBT we took on to prop things up - and how much future debt Barry will have us taking on.

Minor detail, 'tard.

Hell, any troubled household could make their finances look bright if they took out a $20,000 credit card, maxed it out, and then failed to make note of it.

Do YOU have any idea how fucking stupid YOU look right now?

Dude, being off by 5-6% on a market forecast - 9 months later - is hardly a big error.
Bitter much?
Wait and see.
If it keeps advancing, yes, I've missed it.
If it takes a big fall, I've pretty well hit it.
Give it a fair chance, knob.

Put your head in the sand over Barry's serious decline in approval.
It's not "one poll" that says that the people know he's failing.

Nine months ago, I called it.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
KC Scott wrote:You're way too smart to get caught up in the "Pending Armageddon" propoganda - just look at what you see the markets doing now and how you can profit from it.
Some of us have generated 40%+ returns on long positions since Bush left town and then there's mvscal and poptart running around like Chicken Little yelling that the sky is falling. I just wish I had 50 times what I started with last January to play around with. I'd be a millionaire.
Typical libtard accounting strategy.

B Monica is up 40%....that makes Obongo the bomb for US investors....you just fails to mention that like the rest of us , you lost 40% or more in the crash. Bush's fault you lost it of course, and Obongo's victory that the market has come back so strong. And maybe your extensive background with picking these screaming investments gives you a better portfolio that the rest of us, but while I have gained back, it has nothing to do with anything the Chimp for Change has done, or not done more likely.

Of course your 40% could be be complete bullshit, since you do follow the Messiah very closely and that gift of talking out of both sides of your liberal pie hole might rub off.

And you do jones for more jack and wish you were a millionaire..if you were a millionaire, you would not be for long, the Chimp for Change and the Pelosi Posse would tax the fuck right out of you and we could see how you felt then. Traitor bastard to the cause.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:
mvscal wrote: How the fuck is the government supposed to borrow this money when nobody is buying treasury securities at auction? That's right. The Fed steps in and prints money to buy them. No choice.
The only way T-Bills come back into favor is when we finally raise interest rates. Period.
Raising those rates will also curb inflation - and I'm very much in favor of the Fed being pre-emptive on this
Care to consider the implications of long term monetization of our government debt? Care to consider all of those gargantuan unfunded future liabilities lurking at the fringes of the Federal balance sheet? Something on the order of 60 trillion, I believe.
I beleive the economic theory is as the economy strengthens, more people back to work hence more taxes coming in, hence more annual budget - then the % of the budget allocated to paying the interest on the debt drops. Obviously this is ALWAYS projection whether high or low. The chances of the US Govt. defaulting are pretty low MVS -we're not Greece or Iceland. The US economy is 14.2 Trillion and that's 3x larger than #2 (Japan).

You're way too smart to get caught up in the "Pending Armageddon" propoganda - just look at what you see the markets doing now and how you can profit from it.

You don't seem to be very clear on how Federal deficits work. The Treasury Dept must issue various types of securities (T bills, bonds, TIPS etc) to cover the deficit. If those securities do not sell at auction, the Federal Reserve "buys" them by printing money. This is debt monetization. To put it in terms that can be understood here, it's like trying to get three square meals a day sucking your own dick.

As long as bonds are selling, we can run modest deficits over the short term without a hiccup. A small degree of monetization can actually be beneficial, but massive, long term deficits exert wildly inflationary pressure which the Fed cannot contain indefinitely. There will be a reckoning. There is no way around it. Demand for bonds has been soft this year and that is a huge red flag given the fact that we plan on running trillion dollar deficits for the next ten years. When the wheels finally come off the cart, it is going to be Armegeddon and there isn't going anybody there to bail us out because we are going to take down the rest of the world with us.

Go ahead and whistle past the graveyard and tell yourself we aren't Greece or Iceland.....yet.

http://www.1option.com/index.php/global ... ning_sign/
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

I just wonder why the libfags are not at all addressing the 90% of GDP deficit-spending that Obama is passing and proposing???

Well?

Well?

I mean, you cannot make a case for Obamacare. You're ignoring the massive energy taxes coming down the pipe while applauding the closing off off of domestic energy development. You're still blaming Bush for the massive deficits your guy is passing and imposing.

But, GDP is showing some return to life with unemployment at double digits and our bond rating about to be downgraded...and you're excited...really?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Derron wrote:B Monica is up 40%....that makes Obongo the bomb for US investors....you just fails to mention that like the rest of us , you lost 40% or more in the crash.
Nope, I lost about 5% in the crash. Maybe that had a lot to do with me taking my entire 401k fund out of mutual funds and putting every last dime into a 4.5% guaranteed return fund set up by my then employer for times like this. The date of that transfer, August 2008. 2 months after the crash, I started taking money from my personal savings account and putting it into a few companies I reckoned were bargains. That is where I have made my 40% return. And I would have done a hell of a lot better if I had hung onto Ford instead of selling after their price shot up 50% in 10 days. :doh:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown