Ohio State-Florida: In Game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

88 wrote:Rack the Gators. 2006 MNC's. Ohio State should be ranked behind Boise State, IMHO. Undefeated teams don't deserve to be ranked behind teams that got spanked.
Agreed. Damn.

Mind if I borrow your av?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Finally, I can get rid of this damn sig... 8)

Props to the Gators...the kings of all college sports.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Boise gave us a game for the ages, they should get the AP-trophy for that.

By the way, while I know USC players have Mario on their mind how much do you think they are kicking themselves after watching this game?
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Shoalzie wrote:
420 wrote:... and beat the MNC's in their own house to end the regular season!
Did they beat Texas with Vince Young?
Is this a trick question... or one that was asked by an idiot?

I know the answer.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

420 wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:
420 wrote:... and beat the MNC's in their own house to end the regular season!
Did they beat Texas with Vince Young?
Is this a trick question... or one that was asked by an idiot?

I know the answer.

You did refer to Texas as the MNC...but I don't recall Colt McCoy being the QB last year.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

rack gator nation. they played lights out. They deserve it!

<--Following the lead!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I certainly owe TREX an apology...
Some dumb guy from Vicksburg wrote:The Buckeyes will win both battles with the Gators in the next few weeks...
Oden > Noah
Smith > Leak+Tebow
:x
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Fuck.
Disappointed.
Shell-shocked.
Fuck.

Props to the Gators.

Damn...
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Where's my fucking remote? Time to go to bed.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

defense wins championships. oh and so does the opposite team playing 20yds off the receiver. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck bring back Dantonio!

Fuck
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

So, I just got to looking at the stats... Did Florida just dominate TOP or what? OSU only ran 37 offensive plays. Leak threw THAT many passes.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

the_ouskull wrote:So, I just got to looking at the stats... Did Florida just dominate TOP or what? OSU only ran 37 offensive plays. Leak threw THAT many passes.

the_ouskull

That seems right...the Bucks only scored 7 points on offense. Makes that opening kickoff return a very distant memory.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote: I mentioned that the officials were from the PAC10 and made joke about Oregon.

Yeah...several minutes after someone else just made the same joke
Mine was the third post in the thread. Maybe you ought to try reading and maybe thinking for, oh 20 seconds, before spouting more stupidity.

You might try reading for, oh say 20 seconds, and then you'd realize that was posted in another thread...about a minute before your repeat of the same joke. While you may have been typing your response at the time, it's generally considered good form to go back and delete an obvious joke once someone else beats you to it.

Mikey wrote: Whatever. And you've got an obvious problem trying to muster up even a gram of originality.

Let me point out something that you might want to keep in mind:

Quality vs. quantity.

You've got plenty of the latter and none at all of the former.
Maybe you should try reading for say, oh, about 20 seconds, then you might realize that any time I care to spend more than about 90 seconds typing anything on this board, it generally results in a RACK-party, and then ends up in the archives.

Yet another example of what Mikey wishes were true, and reality...you've spouted plenty of the former, and none of the latter.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

DamnTheCowboys wrote:Florida (12-1) plays Boise St (13-0) for the title next Saturday or Sunday for the title? Let me know. Thanks!

And to the topic at hand --

Sounds like an NFL homer take to me.

So, if NFL Team A got to play high school and Arena Legue teams all year and did well, they deserve to play in the Super Bowl, right? Why play the Patriots and the Ravens, when you can play Darby Communty College instead, right?

Sorry, that dog don't hunt. If BSU wants to play with the Big Boys, then they can play with the Big Boys for the whole season -- not one freaking week of it.

Fucking OUTSTANDING job by Meyer. He just took Sweatervest out behind the woodshed. A great prep job against a lousy one, and the result showed it.

Frankly, I'm shocked at how poorly prepared Tressel's team was. I'm not sure what it was that the left side of the o-line was trying to do, but it apparently didn't have anything to do with blocking out pass-rushers. And those weren't blitzes Florida was throwing in -- they were comedy routines, which were executed to comedic perfection.

What the fuck was OSU doing for the last couple of months? I'd say forgetting what "blocking" was, in retrospect, a fairly poor strategy.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Yeah...several minutes after someone else just made the same joke
Mine was the third post in the thread. Maybe you ought to try reading and maybe thinking for, oh 20 seconds, before spouting more stupidity.

You might try reading for, oh say 20 seconds, and then you'd realize that was posted in another thread...about a minute before your repeat of the same joke. While you may have been typing your response at the time, it's generally considered good form to go back and delete an obvious joke once someone else beats you to it.

Um. I don't think so.

You wanna link that up,

Bitch?

Or just admit that you're lying out your ass.
(as per usual)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote: You wanna link that up

A) Why don't you follow that clever mantra of yours. Something about "reading for 20 seconds," or something like that. I read the thread at the top of the page, with the "PAC10 refs" line, then opened this one, to see a glass dick fully aroused and exposed.

B) Why don't you take a break from your current claim to fame, my nutsac, and maybe quit shitting on the Championship Game thread, and maybe try contribuuting something. You know, like where you think things went wrong for OSU, any thoughts you might have on Tressel's prep job(or lack of), which Florida players you thought played key roles in the game...you know, that sort of thing.

Or did you even watch the game? Maybe you chose to stroke your hardon for me instead? If so, too bad. Was a pretty darn entertaining show, in as much as "over-at-halftime" games can be.

BTW -- you are a PROVEN liar. So sorry of I'm not too bent about being accused of "lying out of my ass"(not even sure where such unfounded accusations came from) by one of the board's known liars.
Last edited by Dinsdale on Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Dinsdale wrote:Fucking OUTSTANDING job by Meyer. He just took Sweatervest out behind the woodshed. A great prep job against a lousy one, and the result showed it.

Frankly, I'm shocked at how poorly prepared Tressel's team was. I'm not sure what it was that the left side of the o-line was trying to do, but it apparently didn't have anything to do with blocking out pass-rushers. And those weren't blitzes Florida was throwing in -- they were comedy routines, which were executed to comedic perfection.

What the fuck was OSU doing for the last couple of months? I'd say forgetting what "blocking" was, in retrospect, a fairly poor strategy.
$
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Sorry, I can't.
Well, thanks for that anyway.

Now get lost.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Well I guess I can now consider Urban Meyer an elite coach. He is right up there with Stoops, Carrol, Brown, and Tressel.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm not the AD at Oregon, nor am I the university president, but I feel I curretly have autorization to make this ONE TIME offer to the University of Florida --

A trade. Bellotti for Meyer...straight across.

But think fast, Florida...this is a one-time offer. And just for you guys, today only. I don't want any of your friends coming around here tomorrow looking for the same deal.

So...time to rock the boat...

There's no freaking way that an entire side of a line could just suddenly forget how to play football altogether...no way. That game sure seemed like some Good Old Boy Florida boosters paid some huge sums of coin to certain members of OSU's O-line, or maybe threatened their families...

Because there's no freaking way that they could have simultaniously all just plum forgot how to play football, and just rolled over and played dead on EVERY SINGLE FREAKING PLAY.

A little fishy, if you ask me. Were there some Kentucky hoopsters hanging around the OSU practice facility recently, per chance?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Sorry, I can't.

I certainly can. Yet ANOTHER bald-faced lie from Mikey...:SHOCKER:

What's wrong, Mikey? Can't read or think for 20 seconds?

YES OR NO...did you watch the game? You know...the one that this thread is about?

It's a "yes" or "no" question...which you seem to be struggling with those lately.

Do you feel that Chris Leak answered his numerous critics, and vindicated any doubts anyone had as to his legacy at Florida(you DO watch CFB, right?)?

Was Troy Smith overrated all season, or did Florida's OUTSTANDING defense have more to do with his failures?

Did losing Ginn(he was that other OSU Heisman candidate, in case you didn't know) to injury have a profound æffect on OSU's offense, or would his presence not have mattered, in your opinion?

Was James Laurinaitis a one-man show out there, or did he not play up to the standards of a Nagurski Award winner?

If you can't come up with a OSU/Florida take, I'll fucking write one for you...if that's what it takes.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: Sorry, I can't.

I certainly can. Yet ANOTHER bald-faced lie from Mikey...:SHOCKER:
Then why don't you?

Let me answer that. Because it doesn't exist. I know the post you're talking about, and it was made in another thread during the same minute that I made mine (the same minute that it was mentioned during the game by the announcers) and never mentions Oregon.

You remind me of a certain political party that covers up its lies by loudly shouting that their opponents are lying. And then you try and deflect by changing the subject.
You can't even be original in your dishonesty.

Pathetic.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:You remind me of a certain political party that covers up its lies by loudly shouting that their opponents are lying.

THAT's funny.

Did you, or did you not, claim I, amongst a host of other mistruths, made assumptions about Shawne Merroidrage's sexual orientation, when I, in fact, did no such thing?

I know you've struggled mightily with these "yes" or "no" questions as of late, since they don't produce te answers you want to believe, but humor me on this one.

YES, or NO?

Bear in mind, that a failure to answer will be consodered a positive response.

Your options are to admit you LIED, or you can LIE to try and conceal your previous lies....but that wouldn't be consistant with these morals you've suddenly discovered, yet only want to apply them to me, while making a mockery of your own standards.

Oh, and while you're at it, mixing in a little breakdown of the BCS Bowl might be nice.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Chris Fucking Leak.

Four years of tearing people up, and the piece of shit Gator fans NEVER appreciated the guy.

He had to win a goddamn championship before they finally stood up and cheered.

Have fun with that Tebow guy from here on out. Let's see how far he gets ya as a full time starter.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Four years of tearing people up, and the piece of shit Gator fans NEVER appreciated the guy.

He had to win a goddamn championship before they finally stood up and cheered.

That pretty much how I've felt since his early career. Seems like any time I brought his name up around my CFB friends, while I may not have gotten the hate, it was definitely "yeah, he's alright...nothing special."

But every time I watch a Florida game the last couplefew years, he was kicking somebody's ass. Maybe I was just watching his best games, but I always thought dude was pretty good. This last season, Auburn wasn't his best game, but he still managed to almost pull one out.

The again, this is based upon the last 3.5 years. Tonight, my grandmother could have thrown for 150 on OSU, and she's dead. But Leak played a very smart ballgame. Meyer obviously told him he could only be the hero by not trying to be a hero...and it worked to perfection. Troy Smith wasn't given the chance to be a hero or non-hero, since he was running for his freaking life just about every play.

I did formulate a completely new opinion based just upon this game though -- Tressel is possibly the most overrated coach in D1. That was such an asskicking at the coaching level, it's hard to find words to describe it. It's easy to look like a bigtime coach when you have the best talent in the country. But look what happened when he actually had to coach in a really big game -- a complete freaking meltdown. The running attack with Pittman was working better than anything else they were throwing at Florida's clearly faster defense(best countered with power).

How did THAT thought process work, anyway?

Tressel, to the OC: Hey, we're having decent success running up the gut. Off-tackle, in behind the gaurds, or pull-blocking...but that crafty Meyer probably knows this, too...so, I'll outthink him, and whatever we do, we WILL NOT go with those inside running plays that have been torching them...because THEY'LL BE EXPECTING IT!!!!!!

WTF?

If I were Buckeye fan, besides being married to a farm animal, I'd be really fucking pissed, maybe to the point of wanting a guy's who showed complete incompetence when it mattered most head on a platter.

That was definitely one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Dins - that is a little over the edge calling Tressel overrated...

I mean they didn't have superior talent to Miami in 2002, he was won A LOT of big games...

Props to Meyer, FLA, and Gator Nation...they came, they saw, they kicked OSU's ass...nuff said...

only 1 team can win the title and they play the game on the field not on paper...and FLA came ready to play...unfortunately tOSU was flat early and it continued...the defense did what they had to do early in the 3rd quarter by getting back to back stops and giving the offense good field position (at the 50 yard line) on one of the stops...but they couldn't do anything with that. I thought tOSU running Pittman between the tackles or outside seemed to be working but they wanted to force the passing game...oh well I wasn't part of the offensive or defensive game planning so I trust they thought they had them prepared and it turned out they didn't...

What can you do? Congratulations FLA Gators!
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Does Troy Smith have to give back his trophy. Sure didn't look like he deserved one last night. Possibly the worst bowl game showing by a Heisman winner ever.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Big 10 was 2-1 vs the SEC in the bowls...unfortunately they didn't get the job done in the big one...

Again major props to the Gators...
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

:D
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

I am ecstatic! It's great to be a FLORIDA GATOR! :D

What sport is next?
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

I am trying to delete my multiple posts but I can't ----

One more thing:

OHIO STATE BEAT FLORIDA? ARE THEY NUTS?!?!?

Haha I crack myself up.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

patsy stone wrote: I am ecstatic! It's great to be a FLORIDA GATOR! :D

What sport is next?
Did you miss my post, slut?

By the way, what are your thoughts on getting fucked by a Jew?
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Vito Corleone wrote:Well I guess I can now consider Urban Meyer an elite coach. He is right up there with Stoops, Carrol, Brown, and Tressel.
Not so fast, my friend.

Until Stoops wins a game in early Jan, which hasn't happened in what now, three, four years...? I don't want to see him at the top of this list. I think he's a great coach, and I think he's one of the best coaches in CFB, yes, but, frankly, it's time for him to PROVE it and stop cruising by on his rep. I mean, we've played in more BCS games than anybody else, but we've also lost 3 of our last 4, and the one that we DID win was against a POS Washington State team. (Sorry, Q.)

Stoops' rep was built by winning a championship in his second year, dominating Tejas for 5 straight, glorious years, and winning a few games on trick / miracle (thank you, Renaldo Works) plays. Now, he's lost 3 of his last 4 BCS games and 2 in a row to Tejas. I still think he's a great coach, and I don't want him to leave OU, but I don't like seeing him listed with the other great coaches right now. His grace period is over, IMO. It's "show time" for him again.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

campinfool wrote:Does Troy Smith have to give back his trophy. Sure didn't look like he deserved one last night. Possibly the worst bowl game showing by a Heisman winner ever.

Bush didn't have to give the Heisman to Vince after the Rose Bowl last year...Smith had a great regular season and the Heisman is strictly an award for the best regular season. I'm sure he'd trade his Heisman for the glass football though.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^^^

Rack that shit...
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Tressell panicked. tOSU wasnt used to losing by 10 and he gambled in the 2nd Quarter. I was Screaming at the TV for him just to punt the fucking ball. That move led to 10 more points and prevented themfrom even establishing a running attack in the 2nd Half.

Never thoughT Tressell would be out coached by Meyer.
Last edited by Cicero on Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Cicero wrote:I was creaming at the TV for him just to punt the fucking ball.
That excited huh?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MuchoBulls wrote:
That excited huh?

:lol:
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Cicero wrote:Tressell panicked. tOSU wasnt used to losing by 10 and he gambled in the 2nd Quarter. I was creaming at the TV for him just to punt the fucking ball. That move led to 10 more points and prevented themfrom even establishing a running attack in the 2nd Half.

Never though Tressell would be out coached by Meyer.
better correct that or mtool will come in here wiping his greasy vagina all over this post!

:meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds:
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

MuchoBulls wrote:
That excited huh?
]

Nice catch. Jeeezus.

It's been fixed.