A Democratic Plan to Save the Environment

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

A Democratic Plan to Save the Environment

Post by Joe in PB »

https://www.libertyheadlines.com/cuomo- ... -failures/

Very similar to California with all its solar power, but inadequate battery supplies for evenings and nights.

Going green is commendable, but at least have professionals planing the grid, not politicians.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Joe in PB on Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: A Democratic Plan to Save the Environment

Post by Left Seater »

Closing nuclear power generation makes meeting reduced carbon emissions all that much harder. But hey states should be making these decisions and if NY thinks this is the path forward that is their choice.

Where this potentially becomes an issue for the rest of us is if their grid totally melts down and the Feds step in to help. This would be totally different than a natural disaster where we should all do what we can to help. This would be a self inflicted situation that they should fix them selves if it came to that.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Once the grid drops out for more than a few hours and cells phones/tablets die out, they'll have Cuomo swinging from a flag pole.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:24 pm Closing nuclear power generation makes meeting reduced carbon emissions all that much harder.
You could always...

...burn coal.

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Joe in PB wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:10 pm https://www.libertyheadlines.com/cuomo- ... -failures/

Very similar to California with all its solar power, but inadequate battery supplies for evenings and nights.

Going green is commendable, but at least have professionals planing the grid, not politicians.
I agree. China wouldn't be investing the kind of money they are into renewable energy sources as they do if it weren't going to pay dividends down the road. Storage has always been the issue, but China seem so have figured it out as reportedly as much as 40% of their energy in certain sectors is via renewable.
They are so far ahead of this country when it comes to alternative power sources it's ridiculous. We are now playing catch up with them. A position this country is not used to holding.

So what does our idiot in charge do? Levies tariffs against them that will have consumers paying higher prices. Great strategy and way to show them how tough you are.
get out, get out while there's still time