Y’all are going to hate this rule change...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Y’all are going to hate this rule change...

Post by Left Seater »

For any of you that played you dreamed of a hit where the player didn’t see you coming and you absolutely destroyed the guy. Most likely that will now be a foul.

Blindside blocks are now a foul. You will mostly see this called in the open field on kick returns, turnovers, and reverses. You know, those plays where the whole stadium goes ooohhhhhh right after the hit. That will now be a personal foul.

Another change which is overdue is replay must confirm all targeting calls. If the booth can’t confirm the call it goes away. In the past the booth reviewer and often came back with a no comment which would mean the play stands. Now the booth must confirm it or no targeting.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Re: Y’all are going to hate this rule change...

Post by Cornhusker »

88 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 am
Left Seater wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:47 pm For any of you that played you dreamed of a hit where the player didn’t see you coming and you absolutely destroyed the guy. Most likely that will now be a foul.

Blindside blocks are now a foul. You will mostly see this called in the open field on kick returns, turnovers, and reverses. You know, those plays where the whole stadium goes ooohhhhhh right after the hit. That will now be a personal foul.

Another change which is overdue is replay must confirm all targeting calls. If the booth can’t confirm the call it goes away. In the past the booth reviewer and often came back with a no comment which would mean the play stands. Now the booth must confirm it or no targeting.
Can you block them at all? I get the safety factor with a kill shot that no one sees coming. But you still ought to be able to hit them in some manner.
Just a guess, but I’d suppose the blocker must have both feet on the ground upon contact..?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Yes. You can absolutely still block them. In fact very little is needed to knock them off their feet.

But the launch or upward thrust with everything the blocker has will be a foul. There isn’t a need to completely destroy the player.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

When I was officiating football, we called them "assassins". Players who would blast an opponent no where near the ball and not even really involved in the play. I flagged them all the time. In reality if you ever played football, it was a waste of energy you might need later in a close game.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:27 amThere isn’t a need to completely destroy the player.
I better not catch my kids slacking up like that.

/schmick
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

What is with all these rules, I am about to switch to rugby.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.