The NBA Playoffs... begin.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Re: The NBA Playoffs... begin.

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

And here he is, hard at work in his favorite position.

Firmly entrenched in the rear.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

The Claw

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:25 pm
Kierland wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:19 pmHockey is meh on the boob tube. Saw two sharks games a year in the Tank three years running. The kids love it live.
Hockey is much better live.

It doesn't come across well on TV.
If you really understand the game, it is quite enjoyable on TV. Obviously better live, yes, but quite entertaining on TV.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Got a wild one going down in the Moda Center...

Warriors down 3 Gods (starters)

And still in it.

Would like to see Dame pull out 1 win for the Blazers.

Good times.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

The Gods have spoken.

5th straight NBA Finals... For the Warriors.

Unreal.

FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Dimsdale's disappearance is "Comedy Gold"

Especially, when m2 called it a couple of years early.

Shall we review ?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42422

Dinsdale wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:37 pm Back to what, exactly?

The days when TMC almost won a couple of playoff games?

the truth was made perfectly clear... before a single Championship was won by the Dynasty.

And this is just another reason why... m2 is the truth

We're coming home !

"Baghdad by the Bay"...

It's good being the truth

And it's good living in San Francisco.

FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Papa Willie wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:53 am Image

Guess where? Guess what? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fake news... and you bought it.

Too funny.

That's how we keep trailer park trash from coming here.

We win... again.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Warriors first to 5 Finals in row since 1966 Celtics

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2679 ... 66-celtics

FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Papa Willie wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:46 am https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08- ... ake-185000

Doesn't even meet 3rd world criteria. One of the most filthy, fucked up places on earth. Worse than any jail, any city.

:lol: Just awful.

Can't Stop Laughing !

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

FiatLux wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:10 am The Claw

That hand looks like a dusky hued Alaskan King crab. Weird.

Ok, here’s the thing: Golden State should actually let Durant go. Give up his contract. Stop paying the luxury tax on him. Why? Because they are demonstrably better off without him. Now don’t get me wrong here, the Dubs are the powerhouse in the NBA with or without Durant. But he doesn’t really bring anything to the table that the Warriors don’t already have. In fact, a solid argument can be made that Durant stifles the offense because he keeps the others from engaging while he is on the floor. And it’s not about the final score or how many baskets he makes, but that the style of play that got the Warriors to where they are is not what they use when he is out there playing.

Professional basketball is entertainment, pure and simple. The Dubs are far more entertaining when they play vintage Warrior ball that scrambles and gets everyone involved that the tedium of three guys who gun from beyond the arc.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Rack Rooster... for posting and posting about sports

the truth
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

In all seriousness, I really enjoy basketball, both playing it (I’m not very good at all) and watching it, especially March Madness. The Golden State Warriors have been a pleasure to follow because of how the small market team it is has flourished in a league geared to let big market teams win. We may quibble over the definition of what constitutes a small market, but unless you are the Lakers, Knicks, or Celtics (and formerly the Bullets and 76ers), you were meant to be fodder for the less famous teams.

More importantly, with data analytics now forcing the decisions of clubhouses, it is genuinely thrilling to watch a team like the Dubs craft a ball club to exploit the rules as they are and collect players who buy into the coach’s philosophy. As it stands, the NBA is likely to modify the rules to rein in the effectiveness of the 3 point shot, particularly from the corners. The Rocket’s Harden is the ultimate expression of the emphasis on the 3 point shot where he actively works to make them 4 point plays. For me it borders on a Euro soccer-like flopping drama, thus turning my stomach, but you can’t deny the efficiency of the play.

What needs to be fixed more than anything though, is the draft. Teams out of contention begin to tank mid-season for a better chance at a higher draft position. I like Bill Simmons’ idea of rewarding the bottom dwellers the first pick in the draft via a tourney where the winner gets the pick and is added as a wild card in the post season or some variant of that.

Meanwhile, enjoy the Dubs’ run while it lasts. Because when it ends as they always do, it’ll likely be a long time before it comes around again.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Rooster wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:22 am unless you are the Lakers, Knicks, or Celtics (and formerly the Bullets and 76ers), you were meant to be fodder for the less famous teams.

I'll let you in on a secret -- SF Bay Area is a larger media market than Boston.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I guess that's why I added the qualifier about definitions of small markets. While the population of the Bay area may be large, the fan base is, or rather had been until the band wagon riders jumped on the Dubs, small. Boston, by comparison, is gigantic for the enthusiasm level, which generally drives everything from ticket prices to availability of luxury boxes.

Give Golden State a few years to cool off after this period of title runs and I believe you'll see the interest in the basketball team revert to small market levels.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

You don't know much about the Warrior fan base in the Bay Area.

The Warriors were selling out on a regular basis when they sucked for 40 years and were winning 15-20-25 games a year.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I remember when Tim Hardaway and that crew cut hair guy played and the seats were adequately filled, sure. I even remember when that dude who shot free throws underhanded used to play. But you can't convinced me that Oakland has the same fervor and loyalty that, say, the NY Knicks fan base has had over the franchise's history. Relatively speaking, it is a niche fan base, much like going to an Oakland A's game and seeing those same 7 guys in the outfield stands beating their drum and heckling the other team's fielders. You'd never confuse them with Red Sox fans or a Pittsburg Steeler fan base at a 49er home game. You see more black and yellow than red and gold at those games.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

You simply don't understand the dynamics of the Bay Area.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Rooster wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:39 am But you can't convinced me that Oakland has the same fervor and loyalty that, say, the NY Knicks fan base has had over the franchise's history.

That's because Oakland has around 500,000 people... and the San Francisco Bay Area... has close to 10 million.

Most of the of Warrior fans in the Bay Area... are NOT from Oakland.

As far as Niner fans... most come from "The City" and the North Bay.

What was once a 30 minute drive from the North Bay and minutes from the city to the stick... is now an hour to 3 hours from the North Bay to San Jose... and 15 cities away.

When the Niners played in San Francisco and the stick... if you wore different colors... you most likely walked out in a body bag.

Now that the Niners play in Silicon Valley... the fan base is mostly from India... and would much rather watch cricket.

San Francisco 49er fans... will NOT travel one hour to 3 hours away to see a game in San Jose.

When I was growing up... you couldn't pay someone to live in the south bay and San Jose. Now with the influx of engineers from India... they simply don't know any better... San Jose is one of the most expensive cities in the United States.

Much like growing up in a Chinese hood... and avoiding the Chinese like the plaque on the road.

The Indians (dot) are 10 times worse behind the wheel.

It's must be hard to go from Water Buffalo as transportation... to a car in just a few years.

Anyways, the Niners have the worst owner in football and has run off his fan base. The Niner fans will
always be there... but, will NEVER go to San Jose to watch the "San Francisco" 49ers play 15 cities away in person.

As for the Warriors... they are finally coming back home where they started in the Bay Area... San Francisco.

They'll be playing in the New and most expensive sporting venue in the history of sports. Close to 3 billion dollars.

Not bad... for a city of 750,000 people.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

They started in Philadelphia. You know Wilt the Stilt and his 100 point game? Still the most famous game in franchise history.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Kierland wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:29 am They started in Philadelphia. You know Wilt the Stilt and his 100 point game? Still the most famous game in franchise history.

FiatLux wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:52 am

As for the Warriors... they are finally coming back home where they started in the Bay Area... San Francisco.

They'll be playing in the New and most expensive sporting venue in the history of sports. Close to 3 billion dollars.

Not bad... for a city of 750,000 people.

When they came west... they started in San Francisco... hence, the uniforms that say "The City"

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

FiatLux wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:34 am You simply don't understand the dynamics of the Bay Area.
I suppose that’s true, but in your next post you pretty much validated what I was saying about the Bay Area being a small market. And again, I want to emphasis it’s not about the population, but the media centers and the rabid fan base. I still contend that once the dynasty is over, all those Dubs fans will fade away just like they did at Miami, Cleveland, and now Milwaukee. Sure, there’ll always be a core group of diehards who love their team, win or lose, but the bandwagon fans eventually move on to the next Big Thing.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Actually, the Warriors played in Daly City from 1962 to 1964 and 1966 to 1971.

Saw them play at the Cow Palace a few times when I was a kid.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Rooster wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:48 am I guess that's why I added the qualifier about definitions of small markets. While the population of the Bay area may be large, the fan base is, or rather had been until the band wagon riders jumped on the Dubs, small. Boston, by comparison, is gigantic for the enthusiasm level, which generally drives everything from ticket prices to availability of luxury boxes.

Give Golden State a few years to cool off after this period of title runs and I believe you'll see the interest in the basketball team revert to small market levels.
From 2011

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/701 ... l-fan-base

Have ever not been a fucking idiot?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

R-Jack wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:55 pmHave ever not been a fucking idiot?
R-Joke.

A gutless cuck!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Don’t forget he is also a pedophile.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

R-Jack wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:55 pm
Rooster wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:48 am I guess that's why I added the qualifier about definitions of small markets. While the population of the Bay area may be large, the fan base is, or rather had been until the band wagon riders jumped on the Dubs, small. Boston, by comparison, is gigantic for the enthusiasm level, which generally drives everything from ticket prices to availability of luxury boxes.

From 2011

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/701 ... l-fan-base

Have ever not been a fucking idiot?
Ok, I will attempt this one last time despite that mangled sentence. Perhaps you live in bubble? I have no idea where you live, no idea what you do for a living, or who you hang out with, but it appears that you live a very insulated life. And perhaps in living in that bubble you have gained the notion that Golden State fans are a dedicated bunch, zealous for their team, sticking with them through thick and thin. Indeed, I am certain that that is so— to a limited degree.

And this is where your small world begins to fold in on itself. You have convinced yourself that Golden State fan is unique, a special person, that the passion they demonstrate towards players they root for has been concentrated in this small locale, apart from every other city or burg that has a sports team.

Here is what you in your highly limited experience of the world do not see: Golden State band wagoneers around the globe wearing Chinese knock-off Curry or Durant jerseys because of the team’s success. Everybody and their brother— most likely including you, my knuckleheaded friend —likes to be affiliated with a winner. Alas, as in your case, if only it were that easy. And yes, I am in a position to know because unlike you in your sad I-was-born-in-this-county-and-never-left mentality, I have seen how ubiquitous Golden State has become— and I know for a fact that Mgumbu Chocolate Jalala <two tongue clicks> songa from Democratic Republic of Congo couldn’t find Oakland on a map if you circled it in red ink. Nor could Abu al-Mohammed from Iraq, nor Xiang Lao Ping-pang from China.

Every one of them bandwagoneers and jockstrap riders. Much like you. Your saving grace being that 9 times out of 10, you probably could manage to ride BART and get to the arena for a game. So you’ve got that going for you, bubble-boy.

Anything you want to mumble on about?
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

NIIIIIIIICCCEEEEE!!!!!!!

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Am I the only one that has no idea what Rooster is babbling about ?

I heard him say something about "Band Wagon".

Marty (Perk) just tripped that ... and sent it forward

By the way Perk... is Blondie Babe still alive ?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

If you don't kick the shite out of Raptors, you'll never live it down.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Let the games begin...

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Papa Willie wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:59 pm Add to that - the fact that they're stupid enough to take 2-3 days off between games is dumb as shit.
Building availability issues? Maybe Toronto’s barn is filled up with motocross and ice dancing.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Left Seater wrote:
Papa Willie wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:59 pm Add to that - the fact that they're stupid enough to take 2-3 days off between games is dumb as shit.
Building availability issues? Maybe Toronto’s barn is filled up with motocross and ice dancing.
It certainly isn't taken up by postseason hockey.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Bill Cosby show then Kevin Spacey gets the key to the city. Tell your coloureds to jump about some place else, we're very busy.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Dr_Phibes wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:39 pm Bill Cosby show then Kevin Spacey...
Squeeze a necrophiliac in there and we'll have all the major perversions covered.

Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Dr_Phibes wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:39 pm Tell your coloureds to jump about some place else...
Come on, Phibes...The Jamaican is just as much a subject of Her Majesty as you or I.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

FiatLux wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:49 am Let the games begin...

FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »