Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: Oregon and Cristobal

Post by L45B »

09-12-20 | Eugene, OR | Ohio State vs Oregon
09-11-21 | Columbus, OH | Ohio State vs Oregon

Let’s do this, fuckers :twisted:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KT and a bunch of other studs. We're not used to super-high recruiting class rankings.

Let's hope one or two of the freshman WRs is ready to play next season -- QB is a stud among studs, with no one to throw it to.

UDub's brief tenure atop the PAC may now reach its pitiful end.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Troy Dye coming back for his senior season... BOOYAH!!!!!!!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

UO could use some help on D. pretty underperforming unit. i saw the Ducks a few times last season and something not right with that team. not 100% sold on Cristobal. he looks confused sometimes when he shouldn't.

i was early in on the Mark Helfrich sucks wagon, too, if the local Duck fan(s) recall.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:UO could use some help on D. pretty underperforming unit.
3 years ago, Oregon, under Brady Hoke was near the bottom in D (120-something). 2 years ago, Leavitt brought them up around 35 spots (I forget the exact ranking, and I'm not looking it up for emotional reasons). Last season, it was up about another 35 spots. Leavitt didn't get poached, and most of the defense returns (including the best player, Troy Dye Sunday Guy), and a couple of super-stud recruits coming in.

Hope springs eternal.

With the offense as it is (I believe it's 9 starters coming back), if the defense can get into the top 25, the CFP isn't out of the question. But OC Marcus Arroyo doesn't have many fans around here, and hopefully he can improve. He's the Negative X factor.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

looks like Cristobal and Jimmy Leavitt didn't end well.

no K State job, no Duck DC job, coupled up with that USF accusation thing...makes the radioactivity not go away...JL not helping himself much these days.

looks like the rumors of him being a shitty not-trying-too hard at it---this is all kinda beneath me recruiter from my CU friends are true. and he pissed off the CU AD over something....so he was never in the frame at CU in this hiring carousel.

good coach, tough to get along with. he needs to get on the NFL gravy train where once you are fired, you can get 2-4 more jobs "just because".
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

King Crimson wrote:looks like Cristobal and Jimmy Leavitt didn't end well.

no K State job, no Duck DC job, coupled up with that USF accusation thing...makes the radioactivity not go away...JL not helping himself much these days.

looks like the rumors of him being a shitty not-trying-too hard at it---this is all kinda beneath me recruiter from my CU friends are true. and he pissed off the CU AD over something....so he was never in the frame at CU in this hiring carousel.

good coach, tough to get along with. he needs to get on the NFL gravy train where once you are fired, you can get 2-4 more jobs "just because".
He felt that he should have been promoted after Taggart left for FSU. I cannot say I blame him. I would disagree about the not trying too hard because he was certainly out there and active on the recruiting trail.

He's served his time for the incident that happened here. The problem with him and not being able to land a head coaching job is his age.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MuchoBulls wrote:I would disagree about the not trying too hard because he was certainly out there and active on the recruiting trail.

Everything I've heard locally says he had essentially refused to participate in recruiting on any level. And he would rarely even speak to Cristobal.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

The not speaking to Cristobal is definitely true.

However, he was pretty active on twitter when recruiting.
Dreams......Temporary Madness