Oklahoma Got a Great Kid

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Re: Oklahoma Got a Great Kid

Post by DiT »

I think Hurts is a quality character guy that can bring some leadership to a young team.
OU has a 5 star kid coming in at QB but it'll be good for him to sit a year and learn.
Pulling for JH to have a solid senior year.
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I think Hurts' inability to hit the broad side of a barn could be a detriment to OU's offense.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

The quarterback transfer carousel is at full speed.

Tate Martell— Haskins’ backup this past year at OSU— is officially gone to the U. West Virginia was apparently in the mix also. More of a run-first guy (and Meyer recruit) not sure he was going to fit into Day’s scheme.

The Hurts move seems like a good fit for both parties.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Wish the best for Jalen, kid has been pure class. Many could learn from him...unfortunately, most won’t.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Sudden Sam wrote:Closer to home, great tradition, last two Heisman winners...OU was a great spot for Jalen Hurts to land.

It's also a huge plus for the Sooners. Not only are they getting an excellent QB for their system, but they're getting a high-quality human being.

Any Bama fan who ever utters a negative word about Hurts is a disgrace and an idiot.

I already respected OU and their fans, but now I'll be pulling for them in all their games unless it involves a certain school outta northwest Alabama.

Boomer Sooner!
Hurts is a good person I have known it all along, he is welcomed.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

JH will be easy to pull for. when Austin Kendall went "transfer portal" i thought there was a chance for Hurts to OU or Tanner Mordecai must be as good as Texas HS fans say. though, as referred to above.....Spencer Rattler the 5 star kid is supposed to be "all that" but lot of drama with those types. we'll see.

Jalen will be succeeding the past two Heisman winners......no pressure. but he won't have to change the color of his ties. :waz: :P

edit: will be pulling for Austin Kendall wherever he lands. kid's only prob is not being as good as Baker or Kyler.....highly rated and signed early with OU....and seems like a good guy.
Last edited by King Crimson on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Cornhusker wrote:Wish the best for Jalen, kid has been pure class. Many could learn from him...unfortunately, most won’t.
seriously. all the QB transfer BS is a little weird to me. i do like the grad transfer rule.....reminds me of Trevor Knight to ATM (which minus getting hurt) was a good deal for both teams. Trevor was a good kid, 9 win type QB with some throwing limitations (except in New Orleans) and just wasn't as good as Baker Mayfield....
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Them damn GOONERS went from Landthieves to QUARTERBACK THIEVES!

Seriously tho...It's perfect for Rattler to sit a year (especially since he aint coming in until May anyhow).

Side note...Hurts is projected 3rd in the Heisman :grin:
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm not suggesting he's Dan Marino or Tom Brady
If Grinch doesn’t clean up the defense quickly, he might have to be in that league.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

L45B wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:I'm not suggesting he's Dan Marino or Tom Brady
If Grinch doesn’t clean up the defense quickly, he might have to be in that league.

It can ONLY get better right? RIGHT???