Clemson QB transferring

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: Clemson QB transferring

Post by L45B »

Clemson was fortunate to escape with a win. Syracuse shot itself in the foot with a lineman downfield on an incredible 4th & 1 pass play that may have led to a winning TD.

Wonder what Dabo & Kelly Bryant were thinking when the freshman QB went down. :doh:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Moments after the game...

~ ring ring ~

Kelly Bryant: Hello?

Dabo: Hey bud, how's it goin'?

Kelly Bryant: Fine.

Dabo: Soooooooooo...you got any plans next weekend?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Lawrence may fall flat on his face. But Swinney has to play the guy who he thinks is best for the team. It works that way at any level beyond peewee football or any other sport.
He's been successfully playing both of them, and they've both been successful. Bryant won the only tough game they've played. I think Dabo also runs the risk of alienating the upper classmen on the team. I think he made a mistake, and I hope he pays for it. And no, Sam, it doesn't always work that way at any level beyond peewee football. Some coaches value their 4-year players.
Bingo. And when Lawrence got hurt, Syracuse was already up 16-7. But Clemson's D and their schedule will get them into the playoffs.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:I hope Bryant has a good season in his one remaining year of playing college football. And I hope he has a stellar career in the CFL as well.

He should have worked hard to try to earn his job back. But no...instead he quit on his teammates. Who would want him back on the team? Dabo's nuts to even suggest he'd take him back.

He got beat out and couldn't deal with it. To heck with him.
I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree that you're full of shit. Bryant didn't quit on his teammates as much as his coach quit on him. I agree that Lawrence has the better upside, but the first four games hardly showed that Bryant got beat out. Lawrence has played against two decent opponents and had little to nothing to do with his team winning either game.

And I don't believe that Dabo made the move now to give Bryant the opportunity to transfer, as he was shocked that Bryant chose to transfer. Which probably shows that Dabo's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Todd Blackledge suggested that Bryant was selfish. He got just a bit of blowback.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:I hope Bryant has a good season in his one remaining year of playing college football. And I hope he has a stellar career in the CFL as well.

He should have worked hard to try to earn his job back. But no...instead he quit on his teammates. Who would want him back on the team? Dabo's nuts to even suggest he'd take him back.

He got beat out and couldn't deal with it. To heck with him.
I doubt his teammates blame him. And if Dabo doesn't want him, what's wrong with going where his services will be utilized and appreciated? It's funny, coaches can lie to recruits and players, tell them whatever they want to hear so they stick around. They can lie to recruits and players about being the head coach long term only to leave them high and dry the moment a better gig pops up. It's all good, no problem. Yet when a player exercises his right to transfer because he feels that's what's best for his future, then he's a quitter who's crossed the line. What a load of sanctimonious horse shit.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

So is it safe to assume you rooted against Jacob Coker, since he "quit" on his teammates at FSU? Seemed like it worked out pretty well for him. Didn't he win an NC at Bama?

And Baker Mayfield, what a thin-skinned pussy that guy was for transferring out of Texas Tech. He should have stayed there and gone 7-5 every year instead of winning a Heisman and competing for NCs at a football powerhouse.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

How convenient that you have no problem with transferring when it benefits your team, or goes against your argument. :grin:

Coker still could have come back for his final year but he didn't want to compete against Rapeis Winston so he bolted.

Mayfield got hurt then bolted because they weren't playing him after he came back healthy.

In both instances that's "quitting" according to your logic.

Plus, I think transferring as a senior makes more sense than transferring as a freshman or sophomore. The clock is ticking very fast on Bryant's eligibility and he doesn't want to spend what's left of it on the bench. He wants to showcase his wares as much as possible at this point. As a frosh or sophomore you have plenty of time to improve and beat out the competition.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I see both sides here. Pluses and minuses both ways.

However I would like to see some changes to the scholarship system. First off all athletic scholarships should be a minimum of 4 years, instead of the 1 year renewables they are now. If the athlete redshirts as a freshman then the scholarship should automatically reset to 4 years guaranteed. If a player redshirts after their frosh season and they graduate on time then the scholarship should cover their “5th year” or 4th season of full time play. Further graduates should also have the ability to transfer as they do now for grad school and not have to sit out a season.

Also, if a program is hit with serious scantions then players should be free to transfer at will as long as they are on track to graduate.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:I have no problem with Bryant wanting to get more PT.

He shouldn't have quit on his teammates DURING THE SEASON.

If Hurts had left Alabama before the season, I would have completely understood. If he had left DURING THE SEASON, he'd have been a POS for quitting on his teammates. He'll probably leave after this season. I wish him nothing but the best if he does.

This is really simple stuff. You don't quit on your buddies. I guess you young folks were raised in the 'me, me, me' line of thought.
Bryant is a senior, dumbass. He doesn't have the luxury of waiting til after the season, or his eligibility will run out. He is taking advantage of the rule where you can appear in four games or fewer and still redshirt.

Coaches seek other opportunities quit all the time. I don't see why it should be a problem when players do the same. They're the ones generating all the revenue for the sport. Everyone, in every facet of life, should have mobility in academic, athletic, or professional endeavors. That's the reality of the world, deal with it.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Coaches seek other opportunities quit all the time. I don't see why it should be a problem when players do the same. They're the ones generating all the revenue for the sport. Everyone, in every facet of life, should have mobility in academic, athletic, or professional endeavors. That's the reality of the world, deal with it.
Disagree with most of that. Name 3 offensive linemen at Oklahoma State? Can’t unless you are a Pokes Fan. But you can name their coach and their rich benefactor. Name the Head Coach at New Mexico? Can’t name any starters though can you? The point is the Head Coaches in college are the name brands. The money is coming in regardless of what the players do on the field for the most part. Boosters give to their schools because it is their school. Disagree? Look at Texas. They often lead the nation in income yet have done fuck all on the field for close to a decade.

Players are getting a free education out of this deal. As I said yesterday, players should get 4 year scholarships. You want to transfer before the 4/5 years are up, then graduate and go wherever you can find a home. Further the reality of the world is many of those thing you list have contracts attached. Scholarships are a contract. Many faculty positions are on a contract basis and require the prof to publish or sign over research discoveries to the Univ. Damn near 100% of professional sports use contracts between the athlete and team/league. Professional opportunities are no different. Most of my work is on a contract basis. The guys working for me also work on a contract and can’t just pick up and leave until the contact is over.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

No players, no sport. No sport, no booster money and no head coaches. Pretty simple. Of course coaches have more star power when the players are turning over every 3-4 years and the coaches remain.

Who cares if YOU want scholarships to be 4-year contracts? They're not, and Bryant is merely taking advantage of the system in place. Maybe it will work out for him and maybe it won't. Like literally every business venture, it's a gamble. But if Bryant feels this is the best move for his future, who are you or anybody else to say he's wrong?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I never said he was wrong. He is taking advantage of the system as it is currently. Further it sounds like you misunderstand why I want the scholarships to be 4 years. I want them to be 4 years so that even if a player is injured or turns out not to be the star the coaches though he would be, the school can’t non renew the scholarship. It ensures the athlete would get a chance to graduate regardless of what happens.

And sure no one cares what I as one individual thinks. But when more than a hundred of us formar athletes are trying to get the schools and NCAA to do the correct thing for the athlete that carries more weight.

Finally, you are incorrect that if there weren’t players there would be no donations. In that case the alumni would donate to their college or degree program within the University.

You don’t like the NCAA system, cool, no one forces you to accept the scholarship and the rules attached to it.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

This situation is quite entertaining.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:This situation is quite entertaining.
No - what is really funny is your initial post in this thread.
My initial post was simply the story of Bryant leaving Clemson. Glad you found it so funny.

God damn. What a dumb motherfucker YOU are - but we knew that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:I guess we can all agree that Dabo knew what the hell he was doing.
No way. They would have done a lot better with Bryant. Aks Goobs. :mrgreen:
I'm fairly certain they would have won either way, dumbfuck. :lol:

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Goober McTuber wrote:I'm fairly certain they would have won either way, dumbfuck.
That’s horseshit and you know it. Nice back pedal. Like saying they would’ve won it with Hornibrook back there.

Lawrence made throws that Bryant (and most other FBS QBs) can’t make. He stretched that defense all night long.

24-6 from last year is all you need to know.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

L45B wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I'm fairly certain they would have won either way, dumbfuck.
That’s horseshit and you know it. Nice back pedal. Like saying they would’ve won it with Hornibrook back there.

Lawrence made throws that Bryant (and most other FBS QBs) can’t make. He stretched that defense all night long.

24-6 from last year is all you need to know.
It's not horseshit. They were a better team than Alabama. And you can't compare last year's teams to this year's, and you certainly can't compare Bryant to Hornibrook. :lol:

I was not suggesting that Bryant should have been starting the entire season. Lawrence would have gotten more and more playing time. He would have been the starter by season's end. In the end he turned out to be the better quarterback, but I'm still not convinced that he was demonstrably better 4 games into the season. He was pulled in the A&M game. And in the end, it was probably to Bryant's benefit that the change was made when it was, as he'll get a full senior season somewhere else. The most important thing is that Alabama lost.

Yes, Dabo made the right call. There's probably a reason why I no longer coach BTPCF.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

We actually have a freshman coming in who was highly recruited by top programs. On paper he's the best QB ever recruited to Wisconsin. He'd probably beat out Hornibrook (senior) if Hornibrook decides to play football again.