Lester to Kansas?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Lester to Kansas?

Post by DiT »

Why the fuck does this make sense for him?
Dude is an arrogant dick but he's a better coach than that shithole.
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Lester to Kansas?

Post by King Crimson »

""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Is this real?

Does he think he is Bill Snyder?

Did he not get abused by OU enough?
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

OUMO wrote:Is this real?

he left with an even record didn't he?

Kansas is still a better job than what Kstate was lol

I agree with Kelly Gregg on The Franchise.... SETH LITRELL TO KANSAS!!!
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Moby Dick wrote:

2 and 2 but he read the tea leaves just like Jimmy Johnson and cut the Stillwater scene for greener pastures.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

OUMO wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:

2 and 2 but he read the tea leaves just like Jimmy Johnson and cut the Stillwater scene for greener pastures.
Sure, no one in their right fucking mind would finish a career coaching at Okie Light. Hell, Miles beating OU twice is what ultimately got him that Natty in 07...

only a fucking idiot would call that their "New York Yankee" job.

OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Agreed unless a mullet controls your brain.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Feel free to come after him. He can take it.

He’s a man. He’s 50.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

L45B wrote:Feel free to come after him. He can take it.

He’s a man. He’s 50.
I kind of like Gundy but his mullet on the aggressive scale from 1 to 10 is a solid 10.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

His mullet is bold.

It’s not because he’s a complete hick and doesn’t know any better.

It’s because he does know better but just doesn’t give a fuck what people think of him.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

L45B wrote:His mullet is bold.

It’s not because he’s a complete hick and doesn’t know any better.

It’s because he does know better but just doesn’t give a fuck what people think of him.
there's also the famous Barry Melrose take: when asked why he "wears" such an aggressive mullet:

"it gives me a psychological advantage". i always thought that was funny.

i doubt the Pokes can do better than Gundy (and i'm a fan of his offense).....but his record against OU is abysmal....though pretty consistent with OU's 88% win record in Bedlam. T Boone has some right to be cheesed off....but he's a tool.

as far as Lester.....weirdly, my Colorado friends have secretly coveted him for years and years (Miles was a McCartney assistant for a few years.....both Michigan guys, too)***......i wouldn't want him anywhere near my team....i think he's just gonna cash checks and pat himself on the back, coast on ego, and be happy for already doing what he's famous for a la Charlie Weiss (KU) or Chuck Fairbanks (CU). anyway, CU fans are convinced/hoping that Macintyre gets canned and they swoop in and get the Great Lester. Miles in Boulder, not a good cultural fit....really.

***if hired at CU, this would make Les the 3rd "back to the Mccartney days" hire at CU. Barnett, Embree, Les. back to the past is nearly always a recipe for bottoming out your program (again, in the case of Colorado).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

word from Boulder peeps is that report is being denied by everyone. of course, official statement by AD is that "no decision has been made"....

however, pretty much everyone thinks "parting ways" (the language used by the Source).....means Macintyre has found a place to land...."lateral move" back to San Jose State or maybe Ga Tech if that job comes open since MM is a Ga Tech grad and his Dad was a successful-ish coach for the Rambling Wreck. speculation....

all this to be announced at the end of the season but leaked.....at the very least, after CU hosts Utah for Senior Day. Also, not good optics if somehow CU were to beat either Utah in Boulder or @Cal (like beating the AIkman/Emmit Smith Cowboys)....go to a bowl....etc.

But, CU is playing dreadfully.....their OL might be the worst unit in BTPCF outside the Oklahoma D backs, Oklahoma's LB's, or Oklahoma's DL.

also, some factions thinking Les is just playing the media/KU/CU so he keeps getting paid by LSU...and then there's a Mm to KU theory....since he rebuilt CU from one of the most downtrodden programs in college football (KU 2018) to respectable...
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

King Crimson wrote:Mm
King, I think you meant MM.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

It's done. Miles to Lawrence.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Leter's teams have been to 8 bowl game -- 2 more than Kansas has ever been to. Seems like a good start.

Maybe Baylor... ERRRRRR, I mean CU (I sometimes get the schools that condone rape mixed up) will come sniffing around Leavitt's door.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one