UCF

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: UCF

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:Can we all agree now that UCF would likely have had at least 4 losses last year and for certain 4-5 this year if they played in a major conference?
How do you think they'd do against Auburn?

They haven't lost a game in 2 years. That earns them the benefit of the doubt in my book.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that division of the AAWhatever is pretty interesting-slash-competitive in the way the original conference USA was pretty good hoops 15-20 years ago. good sport. i think UCF would be pretty competitive in the Pac South.

i feel semi-obligated to pull for Josh Heupel a bit even though i'm glad he's gone as OU's OC. very glad.

i guess the herniated version of Leach and late era Kevin Wilson...is working for him. i saw Missouri play once last year running Josh's plays and they spent a lot of time looking to the sidelines for calls as the play clock would be running down....looking confused (as OU fans will remember that look)....and Drew Lock would bail them out against a .500 or less SEC team (don't remember the opponent).

working for UCF so far.....though, he inherited a pretty good QB i think.

i guess the principle is: "if we don't know what the hell the playcall/audible is.....then the D sure as hell doesn't either".
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Only bamafan is allowed to claim championships they never really won.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

WTF???

ERRRR fake news.. :oops:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:Can we all agree now that UCF would likely have had at least 4 losses last year and for certain 4-5 this year if they played in a major conference?

I would bet they'd be a 28-31 point underdog to either Clemson or Alabama right now.

And maybe 17-20 to Notre Dame or Michigan.
No, we can't all agree. Last year's UCF team was really, really good. It's possible in a given year where everything comes together to be a great team in a Group of 5 conference. These two things can co-exist. Sustaining it over the long term is the hard part, but a great team can emerge for one season and play with anybody. Plus, it's not like UCF has ripped off 22 in a row in the Sun Belt. The AAC is probably the best Group of 5 conference. Last year I think they had 4 teams in the top 25 at one point. I don't think they would have lost 4 games in any conference, but certainly not the ACC Coastal, the Big Ten West, or the Pac 12 South.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

It will be interesting to see how they do against Cincinnati on 11/17. Cincinnati has been pretty good on D.

UCF's O is still pretty lethal, but their D is terrible. Have to think if they make a NY6 game again this season that their opponent should win by a couple of TD's.
Dreams......Temporary Madness