Going into training camp..

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Going into training camp..

Post by Dr_Phibes »

How's your team look?

Optimistic myself. With a coaching and management staff that I have absolute confidence in - no worries. Whatever shortcomings there might be in talent.
Zay Jones has recovered from surgery and all the blood and broken glass has been cleaned up and paid for. Thank Christ there were no criminal charges.

While having no real strength at any position, I expect the Buffalo Bills to make the play-offs. Due to the fact that I have absolute faith and confidence in the coach and management staff.
The battle for quarterback should be good. With Nathan '6 interception' Peterman, AJ McCarron and Josh 'racist tweet' Allen, there is tremendous depth at the position.

Once again.. play-off year. As I have complete and total belief in the skill and energy of management and the coaching staff. Hopefully, the helmet rule won't put too much of a dent in the season.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: Going into training camp..

Post by Softball Bat »

Oakland looks like 8-8 right now.
I will make an official prediction after their 3rd preseason game.

- Gruden being back to coach the Silver and Black is of course the biggest attention-getter. How will he do after nearly a decade away?

- Khalil Mack is still out of camp. Not signed to a new deal. Rumors that he could be traded. Hmmmm...

- A slew of new players added, and mostly vets. Obviously a concerted effort to make the team more mature and "wise." I understand it. Vet leadership is important.

- D. Carr? Shit 2017 form? Very good 2016 form? How will he do with Gruden breathing down his neck every day? I'm not much of a fan of Derek Carr.

- Only 2 years left in Oakland and then it is off to Vegas. Will this have any impact on the product on the field?

- Helmet rule?
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Softball Bat wrote: I'm not much of a fan of Derek Carr.
Don't know what to think of him to be honest, don't get to watch him enough. Read a decent interview with Tim Couch on getting pushed on too fast and immediately thought of Carr?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

It will be interesting to see how Gruden does with Carr.

Derek Carr has a lot of physical tools.
Good arm, quick release, good size, mobile.
He's a stand-up guy and is a very hard worker.

He lacks some important intangibles, imo.
Poor pocket awareness, small hands, low IQ.

We'll see...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I think there's only one question in Pittsburgh; can the defense improve enough to be worthy of the offense.

As for roster talk, there is a new 92 in Pittsburgh and he looks a lot like the old 92. Yes he's a little raw, but Harrison was so raw he got cut two times. Image
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Sudden Sam wrote:I know it's early, but Hue Jackson needs to clamp down on the stupid penalties for taunting.
You don't have to worry about that Sam. When the regular season starts, the Browns will cease to have anything worth taunting anybody about. :waz:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

BSmack wrote:I think there's only one question in Pittsburgh; can the defense improve enough to be worthy of the offense.
And should they succeed in this task, it only begs the question. How badly will New England beat them this time?

This is a task best left to a young, hungry group of players, without preconceived notions. Gee I wonder who that could be :meds:
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Sam wrote:I know it's early, but Hue Jackson needs to clamp down on the stupid penalties for taunting.
I wouldn't count on it.

Jackson's 2011 Raiders hold the NFL record for most penalties in a season.

Hue has a really sharp offensive mind, but discipline is not his strong suit.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
BSmack wrote:I think there's only one question in Pittsburgh; can the defense improve enough to be worthy of the offense.
And should they succeed in this task, it only begs the question. How badly will New England beat them this time?

This is a task best left to a young, hungry group of players, without preconceived notions. Gee I wonder who that could be :meds:
The only thing the Buffalo Bills have going against the Patriots is that Tom Brady is uncomfortable in Buffalo hotel rooms.

It would be entertaining to see the Bills get off to a hot start. The flurry of Rochester area Bills fans trying to dig out their old Darryl Talley jerseys would be epic. But the Pegula's will deliver no such comfort.

Who knows maybe they can bring Richie Incognito back? Last I heard he was threatening the Minnesota Vikings coaches and calling them liars. Yeah that's a story that's going to end in tragedy. That dude is like the Chris Benoit of the NFL. Someday he will explode because of his own irrelevance.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Staying at Adam's Mark is a little like getting a room in 'The Shining', but it's just been sold.
And it's not like they're cleaning up the needles and counting the remotes when the Steelers leave town.
Just heard about Incognito and my heart sank. When he's not having an 'episode', he's actually a very funny person. Not going to end well, the Bills are pulling a Beria and photoshopping him out of official memory like the Steelers did with Bubby Brister :(
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Well, you're defiantly inspired. Grand job.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

5-11, and another coaching/QB reset I the future...glad I was alive for a couple of playoff years and a SB.
Go Bucs, Gators
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote: Who knows maybe they can bring Richie Incognito back? Last I heard he was threatening the Minnesota Vikings coaches and calling them liars
Last I heard, he was running around a funeral home with a gun,threatening the employees if they didn't let him cut his dead father's head off and take it with him.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote: Who knows maybe they can bring Richie Incognito back? Last I heard he was threatening the Minnesota Vikings coaches and calling them liars
Last I heard, he was running around a funeral home with a gun,threatening the employees if they didn't let him cut his dead father's head off and take it with him.
Solid citizen. Sign him.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Strangely remember when Justin Myxlplix played chicken with a fuel tanker, it was all tears and handkerchiefs. Weirdly unsurprised to see the equilibrium you apply to politics extend to football. Consistency is a virtue, eh?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Yes Strelzyk was fucked up.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown