Hey, Moving Sale

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Hey, Moving Sale

Post by Goober McTuber »

What say you to this?
A new study says states should lower the legal threshold for drunken driving and enact laws to reduce the availability of alcohol.

Peoples’ ability to operate motor vehicles begins to deteriorate at levels much lower than the 0.08 percent blood alcohol concentration that is the standard in the United States, according to the report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.

Authors of the peer-reviewed study, funded by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, recommend setting a 0.05 BAC limit, which they say has proved to be an effective strategy for reducing alcohol-related crashes in countries such as Austria, Denmark and Japan.

About 10,000 people die each year in alcohol-related crashes in the United States, 40 percent of whom weren’t drinking, according to the report, which concludes that despite efforts in the 1980s to lower BAC limits and raise the legal drinking age to 21, progress in reducing drunken driving deaths has stalled.

“The plateauing fatality rates indicate that what has been done to decrease deaths from alcohol-impaired driving has been working but is no longer sufficient to reverse this growing public health problem,” said Steven Teutsch, an adjunct professor at UCLA Fielding School of Public Health who led the study committee.

The report also recommends raising alcohol taxes, which have not kept pace with inflation, and reducing the number of places where booze is sold as well as the hours it’s available.

Other recommendations include:

•Policies and programs to encourage convenient and affordable transportation alternatives for drinkers.
•Well-publicized sobriety checkpoints.
•Wider adoption of OWI courts, which La Crosse County has been using since 2006.
•Insurance coverage for alcohol abuse prevention and treatment.

Utah last year became the first state to adopt a 0.05 BAC, though the law doesn’t take effect until Dec. 30. The Associated Press reports that a New York lawmaker plans to introduce similar legislation there.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: Hey, Moving Sale

Post by L45B »

Utah last year became the first state to adopt a 0.05 BAC
The equivalent of a 130mph speed limit in Amish country.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Good luck with your booze sharia, America.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I ain't sharin' my booze. Fuck you.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

You can just see the little Oompa Loompa salivating in Pavlovian fashion at the prospect, just like he does when thinking of balck cock.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

He's actually taken repeated shots at the "DUI industry".

Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Another C&P fail by the resident liberal douche.

when will it end?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Right after you come up with a quality post.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Goober McTuber wrote:He's actually taken repeated shots at the "DUI industry".
And I will here again. DUI is a scam. From the FSTs to the Breath machine to the underlying "facts" as to why it is so dangerous to the outrageous fines and fees.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Couple of days ago here, a guy on a Harley was flying down a busy city street, got into the oncoming lane to pass at breakneck speed, hit a vehicle that was making a legal turn. The impact sent him flying into another car, the driver of which was intoxicated.

Take a big guess what the DUI Industrial Complex will cite as the reason for the fatality, even if the biker's blood test comes back clean?

If a drunk guy gets hit by a sober driver while he's walking down the sidewalk, guess what they call it?

If a drunk driver is sitting at a stoplight and gets rearended by a sober driver and dies, guess what they attribute it to?

If it was such a dangerous scourge, you'd think they'd stop lying about the actual numbers. I'm not saying it's a safe activity, and strongly suggest against doing it, but if you believe the numbers... you probably believe "smoking related deaths" numbers, too.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Passenger Riding With Driver With BAC=.08+ g/dL
Total deaths- 1,550
Percentage of 10k "dui" deaths last year- 15%

What a scam
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Moving Sale wrote:
What a scam
Right up your alley. Better get in on that action. You should do well.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I have done over 250 dui cases. You do the math, if you can.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

There is no need to widen the net on what is labeled DUI as Dins points out. Just like we don’t need different categories of rape.

However, in no way can the operation of a vehicle by someone over the legal limit be called a sham nor can the danger be diminished. DUI is a serious danger. Many will try to justify or rationalize it because they themselves have done it. This is only an attempt to make themselves feel better about their own actions.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

There are plenty of dangerous things you can do in a car but only DUI carries such high penalties and social stigma. If it is so bad, why does the government have to lie and say it is more dangerous than it is?

And BTW we DO need categories of rape.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

They could drastically reduce the accident rate if they enforced -

1. Speed limits
2. Texting

Speed limits would be easy to enforce because it's easy to tell when somebody is speeding. They pretty much ignore it around here and it probably causes, at least partially, more accidents than all others combined.

If they actually started enforcing the speed limits and handing out tickets they could probably eliminate all property, gasoline and state income taxes.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Speed limits are a tricky one because it is the difference in speed that is usually the danger. People drive fast in Germany but their casualties per million miles is about half of ours.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

It is true and is doesn't say anything good about American drivers. If cops wanted to actually make the roads safer they would ticket slow drivers in the passing lane because passing on the right is way dangerous.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I don't know how Germany operates now but I was there about 40 years ago. The autobahns basically had two lanes in each direction. There were a lot of fast cars and a lot of slow cars. If you're in a slow car and not passing you'd better stay the fuck in the right hand lane.

The problem here isn't just freeways, though it's a big problem when some drivers are staying within 5 mph or so of the posted limit and others are going 15 mph under the limit, or 90 mph and using all six lanes to weave in and out.

Surface streets are a problem too when you get drivers who think that they can safely travel at 60 mph in a 40 zone when most of the drivers are sticking to 40.

If you want to remove the speed limits on the freeways - fine. But if there's a posted limit you should fucking enforce it. I have just as much right to drive 75 in the second or third lane (from the left) as the asshole in the pickup who wants to go 90 and will sit on my back bumper until I move over (which I won't do).
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Mikey wrote: If you want to remove the speed limits on the freeways - fine. But if there's a posted limit you should fucking enforce it. I have just as much right to drive 75 in the second or third lane (from the left) as the asshole in the pickup who wants to go 90 and will sit on my back bumper until I move over (which I won't do).
Actually you don't have that right.
See VC sec 22400.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Actually, I do.
(a)No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the reduced speed is necessary for safe operation, because of a grade, or in compliance with law.

No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a highway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.

(b) Whenever the Department of Transportation determines on the basis of an engineering and traffic survey that slow speeds on any part of a state highway consistently impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, the department may determine and declare a minimum speed limit below which no person shall drive a vehicle, except when necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law, when appropriate signs giving notice thereof are erected along the part of the highway for which a minimum speed limit is established.

Subdivision (b) of this section shall apply only to vehicles subject to registration.
Driving 75 in a zone that's posted at 65 or 70 is not such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic.
Just because some asshole wants to drive 90 doesn't mean that somebody driving at a slower speed is impeding the normal flow, especially if the rest of the traffic is moving at 75.
Also, if he can reasonably go around me, then I'm not impeding him in any way especially if I'm not in the "passing lane."
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

We are in the weeds, but if you are in the left lane and someone doing 90 wants to pass you should get over. On a three+ lane freeway it's not as important, but the law still applies. It's also a lot safer to have the slow people on the right.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Also...
21461. (a) It is unlawful for a driver of a vehicle to fail to obey a sign or signal defined as regulatory in the federal Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, or a Department of Transportation approved supplement to that manual of a regulatory nature erected or maintained to enhance traffic safety and operations or to indicate and carry out the provisions of this code or a local traffic ordinance or resolution adopted pursuant to a local traffic ordinance, or to fail to obey a device erected or maintained by lawful authority of a public body or official.
This includes the posted maximum speed limit.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

An interesting discussion on this subject.

https://forum.officer.com/forum/public- ... imit/page2
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Moving Sale wrote:We are in the weeds, but if you are in the left lane and someone doing 90 wants to pass you should get over. On a three+ lane freeway it's not as important, but the law still applies. It's also a lot safer to have the slow people on the right.
If I'm in the left lane I would move over. Common courtesy for one thing. But if there are four or more lanes, I consider the center two to be my zone if I'm travelling at or near the posted limit. Somebody wants to pass me they can go around.

Also, the HOV lane is not the fast lane, even if it's the leftmost lane. It's the HOV lane.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

And then there is 22350 which basically says you can drive any speed you want as long as it is safe.

Like I said, in the weeds.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Moving Sale wrote:It is true and is doesn't say anything good about American drivers. If cops wanted to actually make the roads safer they would ticket slow drivers in the passing lane because passing on the right is way dangerous.
Geeeeze, I fukkin’ hate when I have to do this......

Rack the midget.

In my younger days I occasionally drove with my BAC a touch over .08. Hell, it was prolly .28. I got lucky. I never killed anyone, never got caught.

Was it stupid?

Sure.

I used the same rationale many did. I was a very careful drunk driver.

Unfortunately, there are those that become bulletproof when you add alcohol and they think they are the next Jim Clark. Sorry, I refuse to use the standard Mario Andretti reference. Jim Clark was better. Just ask Mario or anyone else that drove in the 60s.

Anyhoo, due to the fact that many do become fukking morons after a few drinks, we all have to be judged by the same measure.

As for the Germans, their fatality rates are lower for a few reasons. First off, they pretty much all start drinking in preschool, so they tend to be able to handle it better. Second and most important is they consider driving a privilege. You have to prove yourself competent to get a license and they will ticket your ass for dumbassery such as not staying right on the highway. In the states, a moderately busy 3 lane highway becomes a fukking slalom course because we don’t enforce common sense traffic laws.

As for what really kills the most, IMO, I think it is people nodding off due to boredom/fatigue.

I have never had a close call due to alcohol. I have had countless ones due to being tired.

The ironic thing is that allowing people to drive at sensible speeds for the conditions, lowers this risk. It is easy to fall asleep on a highway that would tolerate 120 mph safely, when the law limits you to 65. But this will never change as the speeding racket dwarfs the DUI racket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Why do we all have to be judged by the same measure? Why not just make drinking and crashing illegal? Or DUI a $250 fine and no points on your licence and then make the crash an enhancement that gets you a long mandatory lockup?

Oh yeah they don't make enough money that way because hardly anyone actually crashes. I have had 5 in the 250 I have handled and all were parked cars with no one in them.

I have literally never had one dui where anyone was hurt.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

There should be a law prohibiting you from driving with a semen-induced-hypoxia level of over .01%, you fucking dwarf.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

:meds:
Good gawd you are boring.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Mikey wrote:Actually, I do.
(a)No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the reduced speed is necessary for safe operation, because of a grade, or in compliance with law.

No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a highway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.

(b) Whenever the Department of Transportation determines on the basis of an engineering and traffic survey that slow speeds on any part of a state highway consistently impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, the department may determine and declare a minimum speed limit below which no person shall drive a vehicle, except when necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law, when appropriate signs giving notice thereof are erected along the part of the highway for which a minimum speed limit is established.

Subdivision (b) of this section shall apply only to vehicles subject to registration.
Driving 75 in a zone that's posted at 65 or 70 is not such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic.
Just because some asshole wants to drive 90 doesn't mean that somebody driving at a slower speed is impeding the normal flow, especially if the rest of the traffic is moving at 75.
Also, if he can reasonably go around me, then I'm not impeding him in any way especially if I'm not in the "passing lane."
Thanks for admitting Mikey you fuck up traffic and cause congestion on the freeway.

I've driven through 5-10 radar checks with the CC set to 80 mph, and the HWY Patrol officer doesn't even flinch, because they know within a minute or two someone will be going 85+ mph.

But when I'm in the left lane going 80 and someone rolls up behind me, I move over.

Who knows, maybe it's a doctor on his way to hospital, but it really doesn't matter, it's just common courtesy when the freeway isn't full.

Mikey, I think you're a closet conservative!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Joe in PB wrote:
Mikey wrote:Actually, I do.

Thanks for admitting Mikey you fuck up traffic and cause congestion on the freeway.

I've driven through 5-10 radar checks with the CC set to 80 mph, and the HWY Patrol officer doesn't even flinch, because they know within a minute or two someone will be going 85+ mph.

But when I'm in the left lane going 80 and someone rolls up behind me, I move over.

Who knows, maybe it's a doctor on his way to hospital, but it really doesn't matter, it's just common courtesy when the freeway isn't full.

Mikey, I think you're a closet conservative!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
You don't read too well, do you? I already said that if I'm in the left lane (which I usually try to avoid anyway) I'll pull over out of common courtesy.

If I'm in the second or third lane, it's just as easy for them to go around as it is for me to move over. Courtesy works both ways.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Moving Sale wrote: And BTW we DO need categories of rape.
Want to expound on that a bit??

Certain level if the perp only slugs them in the face once or twice versus five or six ??

Another level if the perp blows a full load in an 18 year old ??

Another level if they tied them up ?

Another level if they used a rape kit ??

Another level it he grabs them by the hair versus trying to choke them ??

Here is your chance to make the impact on your profession..Get that white paper together and get it published -

" Rate a Rape by Moving Parrot" - When you can't figure out if it is Rape or Simple Assault
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Moving Sale wrote:
That is because they need some one competent to defend them in a case like that and not some cereal box lawyer cashing their check and getting them less public service time.
Derron
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Derron wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:
That is because they need some one competent to defend them in a case like that and not some cereal box lawyer cashing their check and getting them less public service time.
I've been involved personally in two where I was injured. One when I was at fault :oops: and one when I wasn't.
Lesson learned when I was in my invulnerable 20s.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Derron wrote:
Moving Sale wrote: And BTW we DO need categories of rape.
Want to expound on that a bit??
I think he's referring to the frequent and violent ass-rapings he gets on T1B...
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

You are that mousy tard on the school yard who hangs around the edges of a tussle and tries to taunt one of the participants. Props for being Mr. Irrelevant.