Tomlin's seat is getting warmer

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Tomlin's seat is getting warmer

Post by BSmack »

We may be getting closer to a once in every 50 year occurrence, the firing of a Steelers head coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-change/
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Re: Tomlin's seat is getting warmer

Post by Joe in PB »

Tomlin has benefited from the Rooney rule, in this case not only the interview process, but holding on to the job as long as he has. I think he should be fired, but I give it at best a 50% chance of happening, which is higher than I initially thought.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I do think Tomlin has taken the Steelers as far as he is capable, 2nd seed in the AFC. Which might be one of the reasons Roethlisberger contemplated retirement last off-season.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Munchack is getting a second interview in Arizona. That might put some pressure on Art II.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Joe in PB wrote:I do think Tomlin has taken the Steelers as far as he is capable, 2nd seed in the AFC.

Solid take.

Sin,
Super Bowl XLIII
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Joe in PB wrote:Tomlin has benefited from the Rooney rule
An incredibly moronic and racist take, hardly a surprise from Joe.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Tomlin has underachieved for quite a while, you guys are satisfied with his performance as HC, I am not, and certainly wouldn't be if I were a Steelers fan.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

He's pulling a Marv, the co-ordinators are the annual sacrificial lambs. Every year, Levy would come out of his coma just before the superbowl and actually engage himself in the game plan. yay.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Joe in PB wrote:Tomlin has underachieved for quite a while, you guys are satisfied with his performance as HC, I am not, and certainly wouldn't be if I were a Steelers fan.
Of course it hasn't, you also ignorantly called him a beneficiary of the Rooney Rule, which means he hasn't been fired because he's balck.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

It's a reasonable take based on his performance compared to the rest of the league's handling of HCs, and he was hired by Rooney. Steeler assistants have been fired in the past and have had success elsewhere, but things have stayed the same in Pittsburgh.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Bill Cowher went 7-9 and 6-10 in back to back seasons. He didn't get fired. The Steelers just don't fire HCs like other teams. EVERYTHING that is happening with Tomlin also happened with Cowher, except Tomlin has won more and thereby deserves even more slack. I was concerned for a hot minute that Art II might forget what team he was running. It appears my concerns were unfounded.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

So after giving up in the first quarter in two consecutive play-off years, terrible tactics are second to ritual continuity. Love tradition, me.