Whiskey tasting

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Whiskey tasting

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tonight we're cracking open some of the most rare Bourbons we've received this year. Join us, won't you?

This special $35 flight will include:

Old Rip Van Winkle 10 yr
Van Winkle Reserve 12 yr Lot B
Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch 2017 Barrel Strength
Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2017
Old Forester Statesman
Michters Single Barrel 10 yr
Looks like some good stuff.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Whiskey tasting

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

"Is that how you wash the taste of jizz out of your mouth?"

Sorry, Goobs...with Hanukkah just around the corner and so many gifts to buy...I needed a few more shekels, so I picked up some contract work that shutyomouth subbed out. I hope you understand.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Lime flavored diet coke works better......according to screwey.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Rudolph
Certified Holiday Troll™

Post by Rudolph »

Say Goobs how does that Old Rip work out for douche and enema purposes? Which do you prefer to drink. After being enhanced?
I don't need a Fucking Link I know people in Oreg0n.
Plato
Certified Holiday Troll™

Post by Plato »

Goober had his ass kicked soundly.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Why would one want to wash the taste of jizz away prematurely?

-moving fail
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:Lime flavored diet coke works better......according to screwey.
If you really asked me, dingleberry, I'd tell you I don't drink Diet Coke. Regular Coke only, please.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I don't 'get' Diet Coke. It's fucking disgusting. Here's a novel concept: if you want to lose weight, just drink water.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I don't 'get' Diet Coke. It's fucking disgusting. Here's a novel concept: if you want to lose weight, just drink water.
Yes. Diet Coke tastes truly revolting. Look at our dipshit president, supposedly drinks a handful of Diet Cokes every day. :shock:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I don't 'get' Diet Coke. It's fucking disgusting. Here's a novel concept: if you want to lose weight, just drink water.
Then perhaps you shouldn't drink it.

Ginger ale fan here or real iced tea with ridiculous amounts of lemon in it. I do find that DC is tolerable given the same lemon treatment. The lime flavored stuff is almost decent as well. Regular coke is just too damn sweet and the layer of crud it leaves on your teeth is annoying as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Fuck, Goobs. You've gotten ass-raped, and you haven't even been here to enjoy it! :)
As low as you set the smack bar, I'm sure that constitutes an "ass-raping". :meds:
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Old Rip Van Winkle 10 yr
Van Winkle Reserve 12 yr Lot B
Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch 2017 Barrel Strength
Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2017
Old Forester Statesman
Michters Single Barrel 10 yr
I had previously had the first four and they are all exceptional bourbons. The Michters did not impress, especially considering the age. The OF Statesman is a one-time distilling tied in to some movie. Turned out to be very good whiskey. Not surprising as Old Forester makes a lot of good shit. I picked up a bottle over the weekend.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote: Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2017
In Oregon, liquor stores are mafia state-run. They aren't getting adequate Old Forester Birthday Bourbon to stock all the stores... so they're having a lottery.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Didn't know that could happen in the States. State/Mafia control of liquor? It's like that here and it's a 16th century nightmare.
Bourbon orders have halted, because of the tariffs no one can afford it.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Weird in New York you can just go to a liquor store and buy liquor. It's better in Vermont. You can buy liquor at a grocery store in Vermont.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

You can do that in Quebec, but not Ontario. All booze is government stores, so no variety and price controls. The government sold beer distribution rights to Molson/Coors, they decide what beer gets in the government shops. As you can imagine, it's not pretty.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2017
In Oregon, liquor stores are mafia state-run. They aren't getting adequate Old Forester Birthday Bourbon to stock all the stores... so they're having a lottery.
Nobody gets adequate Old Forester Birthday Bourbon to stock all the stores. Except maybe in Kentucky. Same with Pappy, the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection, etc.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Speaking of which...
The new batch of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon is on its way to retailers, and 2018’s release will see the highest proof to date.

The 2018 vintage is made up of 120 barrels that created about 2,400 six-bottle cases of finished product, at 101 proof.

All Birthday Bourbon releases are small batches made entirely from a single day’s production, and aged around 12 years. 2018’s release, distilled on June 9, 2006, matured in two locations: the third floor, northwest side of Warehouse J, and the third floor, northwest side of Warehouse I. And at 101, it’s the highest proof in the series’ 18 years of history.

Old Forester Master Taster Jackie Zykan, who selected this year’s vintage along with Master Distiller Chris Morris, teased the announcement this morning on Instagram.

We spoke with her this morning about Birthday Bourbon, and what led them to select this particular batch for 2018.

Every release of Birthday Bourbon, or OFBB as it’s colloquially known, has some special tag to it, from the year they released two proof points after a bit of a mix-up, to the year when the batch’s fermentation process was interrupted after a squirrel shorted out power to the distillery.

This year’s decisive force was something more direct: taste.

“At that 3 and half year birthday, says Zykan, “you kind of decide, “You’re going to grow up to be Bottled in Bond, you’re going to grow up to be Prohibition 1920.” [This batch] got a perfect score in evaluation,” says Zykan, “and had great structure and complexity.”

Old Forester still found a sentimental hook though, as 2018 marks the first batch bottled and processed at the new Old Forester Distillery on Whiskey Row. “This is the first time that we’ve actually bottled and processed on our own turf,” says Zykan, “so this is the first time that we’re actually able to absorb this fully in house.”

Old Forester describes this year’s batch as having a rich mahogany color (no leather-bound books), with cherry cobbler and herbal lemon tea on the nose. On the palate, they describe sweetness that brightens with lemon honey and more of that cherry cobbler. The finish is said to be long, drying, and full of herbal lemon honey sweetness.

We’re getting the sense that 2018 is going to be a gem among gems. Zykan told us she’ll probably end up waiting in line to get herself a bottle or two (even Chris Morris is only given one a year), and won’t be missing any chances to taste it in a professional capacity. “In the past few years I’ve opted out to give more consumers a chance to taste,” she says. “This year I will be saying yes to every opportunity. It is hands down one of the best vintages of the entire collection.”

Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2018 will be on shelves around September 2, to coincide with the birthday of founder George Garvin Brown. It’s slated to retail just shy of $100.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Didn't know that could happen in the States. State/Mafia control of liquor?
You're an Upper Mexican, so you're absolutely excused from not knowing US law. After the idiocy of Prohibition, they engaged in almost as much idiocy in repealing it,and ratified the Twenty First Amendment. It gives states complete control (even overriding the Fourteenth Amendment and allows creating a caste based on age for discrimination). Many states (few worse than mine) simply took over the role of Al Capone to "generate revenue." There was a ballot initiative (anyone can introduce law in Oregon) to go to a non-controlled state, but the Liquornazis bought people off, and relaxed a bunch of rules (bottle stores used to be closed Sundays).

Don't get me started on the OLCC. They control the state run gambling, as well. And the officials take some very extravagant "work trips." I live in a horrifically corrupt state.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Dinsdale wrote:...a horrifically corrupt state.

Would you go so far as to call it...deplorable?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:

Would you go so far as to call it...deplorable?
Well, not if you ask a certain horrifically bad presidential candidate (or her Mini Me current governor, who might actually lose come November).
Slap
Elwood

Post by Slap »

Plato wrote:Goober had his ass kicked soundly.
The humiliation of Goober McTuber was the greatest entertainment of 2017.
smackaholic wrote:I would touch someone's dick, hell, I'd fukking blow him
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote: Don't get me started on the OLCC. They control the state run gambling, as well. And the officials take some very extravagant "work trips." I live in a horrifically corrupt state.
Let's not forget they also control the legal weed industry as well. Last year I had to go to OLCC Headquarters to pickup a wine permit for an event my wife was running. I walked up to the door, and saw the addition of the word " Marijuana" on the door. Waiting my turn to pay my bribe for the permit, the bitch answering the phone was saying " Oregon Liquor and Marijuana Commission" . I thought how times have changed from the days of us hiding bags of weed in our cars and houses to once the government honks figured out they could make money out of it, they should be thanking the people who voted to make weed legal and give the honks more tax money. Fucking pricks.

If they only knew about the 40 pounds a month that leaves from a small town in the woods headed to Minnesota. So I heard anyway.

Kate also got 250K from the gun control lobby today. Her competition Knute buddy is a fucking RINO, but might be RINO enough to take the state house back from the Demorats after 30 fucking years. The fucking Demorats have been in charge of this state for 30 years, then shit should be perfect and not need all the improvement the Demorats say it does.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Slap wrote:
Plato wrote:Goober had his ass kicked soundly.
The humiliation of Goober McTuber was the greatest entertainment of 2017.
That's a franchise that can never have enough sequels.

No doubt he'll have more dicks broken off in his keister than the can/stick game this holiday season.

Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

The fantasies of the butthurt. C'est tres amuse.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

You think about that 24/7 don't you, tubby. I've seldom seen anyone with such a singular focus.

Slap
Elwood

Post by Slap »

Papa Willie wrote:You'd be far better at starting a thread called "Dick Tasting", Goobs. Fag. :lol:
Yeah, McTuber likes to swallow loads.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Another shit troll heard from. Yay.

Slap
Elwood

Post by Slap »

Can you hear when both of your ears are being gripped?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Slap wrote:Can you hear when both of your ears are being gripped?
You've been taking lessons from Tardspray. Go fuck yourself, Slappy.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:You have reached the Meltspray Automated Messageboard Reply System. Please select from the following options.

Press 1 to be called gay
press 2 to be told that you're angry
Press 3 to be told that you're crying
Press 4 to be told that you're melting
Press 5 for a really stupid picture or video

Slap
Elwood

Post by Slap »

Press 6 to laugh at Goober McTuber.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Press any key to kiss my hairy ass.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

You still use it. Those are the only buttons you actually push. :mrgreen:

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Slap wrote:Press 6 to laugh at Goober McTuber.
I think I just broke my #6 button.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
Slap wrote:Press 6 to laugh at Goober McTuber.
I think I just broke my #6 button.
The #6 key also qualifies as one of the "any keys". Tell me you knew. :lol:

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

I can't tell who's more bored any more...you or 'Spray.
:|
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:I can't tell who's more bored any more...you or 'Spray.
:|
Which one of us has read more of your posts?

Slap
Elwood

Post by Slap »

McTuber's old ass is being whipped once again.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Goober McTuber wrote:The fantasies of the butthurt. C'est tres amuse.