what team do you hate?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

orcinus wrote:Meds, before you embark on that journey, we need some closure on the serial killer that got over in the last end zone photo you posted.

Details, dammit.
:lol:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

LIke I said before Jimmy....bring me to one game. They'll give up their seats before the end of the 1st quarter.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Laxplayer wrote:LIke I said before Jimmy....bring me to one game. They'll give up their seats before the end of the 1st quarter.
Yeah, but will you? :P
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Laxplayer wrote:LIke I said before Jimmy....bring me to one game. They'll give up their seats before the end of the 1st quarter.
No doubt...I'm just worried that the other folks around me will kick my ass outta there for bringing you along. :wink:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Well if they have the same feelings that you do then just explain to them that you're bringing in some type of pest control to rid your section of the unwanted. They can then play along with it and you'll all be better off in the long run. :lol:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

PSUFAN wrote:Mike, I understand...but what if CU goes on a 15 year streak over NU? Would that slake your thirst any?
I can't say for sure, but I doubt it. I'll tell you in 14 years. :lol:
"Keys, woman!"
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

GATORS - Esp now that Meyer is their coach.

OKLAHOMA - Great coach, just still a little pissed about 2000.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Cicero wrote:
T-Bag will respond with:

Meyer is a God everything we did under Zook doesn't count...every other team sucks regardless of who is coming back and the Big 12 is still the biggest pussy conference...

did I sum that up right?
SEC Ballsucking Homer
Meatgrinders 'R Us

Post by SEC Ballsucking Homer »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Cicero wrote:
T-Bag will respond with:

Meyer is a God everything we did under Zook doesn't count...every other team sucks regardless of who is coming back and the Big 12 is still the biggest pussy conference...

did I sum that up right?
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Rack you and the SEC!
There is no other conference.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Cicero wrote:
T-Bag will respond with:

did I sum that up right?
You forgot the shot at ND for not getting Meyer and getting stuck with such an inferior coach like Weis. Other than that, nail on the head.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^

Rack

Ok how about...

T-Bag will write:

Florida is the greatest...the 3 years with Zook don't count...I would slob on Meyers knob all day as ND got screwed and got a fat ass...the SEC rules, the Big 12 conference is a bunch of pussies, and ohio state couldn't hold florida's jock (even though Ginn Jr and 16 returning starters are back), Leak is god and i would blow him and meyer at the same time...

that's better...let me know if I left anything else out...
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Miami-90% of fan base never finished high school let alone attended the school. wide right 1,2,3......ect

Florida Gaytors. Stevie, t-rex, Jon=bitches relatives, plus they are well, after all. gaytors.

Iowa if they had a football team.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
TX Husker
Crack Whore

Post by TX Husker »

The only 2 teams that I hate with a passion are Miami and Oklahoma
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

e wrote:from what i've read, if the state of texas were removed from the USA, BTH wouldn't shed a tear
Works for me. Heck, maybe we should cut Texas loose from the rest of the U.S.A. Don't know what language they speak down there, but it sure as hell doesn't sound anything like English to me.

:D
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Harvdog wrote:Notre Dame: My dad is an SC grad so I grew up on student body left and right. I think that if I ever rooted for ND my dad would disown me. Plus I hate the fact that they are coddled by the NCAA. This whole win 9 games and get into the BCS is bullshit.
You're absolutely right.

Sincerly,

1998 ND team (9 wins and no BCS bid)
2002 ND team (10 wins and no BCS bid)
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

In order:

1. Miamuh. A classless organization, top to bottom. I'll never forget Jimmah's Big Boy going out of his way to embarrass ND in Gerry Faust's last game, also the last game of my senior year.

2. Florida State. Lived in J-ville for 3 1/2 years. Some classless fans down there, board contingent notwithstanding.

3. Florida. See Florida State above, except this time, board contingent (i.e., T-Rex) included.

4. Oklahoma. This board seems to think that this program is God's gift to college football. And why they revere a coach who got the program put on probation not once, but twice, is completely beyond me.

5. Fredo. As Killian says, classless fans. And there's a little brother complex there vis-a-vis ND that would put Oklahoma State to shame.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Harvdog wrote:Notre Dame: My dad is an SC grad so I grew up on student body left and right. I think that if I ever rooted for ND my dad would disown me. Plus I hate the fact that they are coddled by the NCAA. This whole win 9 games and get into the BCS is bullshit.
You're absolutely right.

Sincerly,

I would recheck your numbers on that deal. This pretty much says it all
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Harvdog wrote:I would recheck your numbers on that deal. This pretty much says it all
Their deal is basically set up as if they are in a conference, which they should be in the first place.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

1. South Carolina
2. UT
3. FSU
4. ND
5. OU
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
SEC Ballsucking Homer
Meatgrinders 'R Us

Post by SEC Ballsucking Homer »

In no order...

Arkansas State
Arizona
Arizona State
Ball State
Baylor
Bowling Green
Boston College
Boise State
Buffalo
BYU
California
Central Florida
Cincinnati
Central Michigan
Clemson
Colorado
Connecticut
Colorado State
Duke
East Carolina
Eastern Michigan
Fresno State
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Hawaii
Houston
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Iowa State
Kansas
Kent State
Kansas State
La Lafayette
Louisiana Monroe
Louisville
Louisiana Tech
Marshall
Memphis
Michigan
Miami Fla
Minnesota
Miami Ohio
Missouri
Maryland
Michigan State
Middle Tenn. St.
Navy
N.C. State
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Nebraska
Nevada
Northern Illinois
New Mexico State
New Mexico
North Texas
Northwestern
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Oregon State
Oregon
Ohio State
Pittsburgh
Penn State
Purdue
Rice
Rutgers
San Diego State
San Jose State
SMU
South Florida
Southern Miss
Stanford
Syracuse
TCU
Texas Tech
Temple
Texas
Texas A&M
Tulsa
Toledo
Troy State
Tulane
UAB
UCLA
UNLV
USC
Utah State
Utah
UTEP
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Washington
Wake Forest
Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Washington State
West Virginia
Wyoming
There is no other conference.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:In order:

4. Oklahoma. This board seems to think that this program is God's gift to college football. And why they revere a coach who got the program put on probation not once, but twice, is completely beyond me.
Once. He took over during probation but it was not from his administration as HC that the penalties were levied.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Killian

Post by Killian »

What about ND? Now that Jared Clark left you don't care about them anymore?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

The only team I hate is the gates.

All other teams I have disliked on occasion including my own.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Michigan State. Damn I hate them. I root against them in every sport. Rack the Baylor chick hoopsters for rolling over the Spartan Dykes. Fuck State. This is one team where the hatred is not enough. If the institution ceased to exist, it would become a holiday in my home. If the team plane crashed, I would dance the hully-gully on the smoldering body parts, this is the type of hate I'm talking about.

Notre Dame. I mostly hate them because of all the out of date, un-deserved media pimping. But I do think ND-UM should be the national kickoff game every year. That being said, if a zeppelin crashed and exploded during a ND-MSU game, ala "Black Sunday", simultaneously decimating both programs......I would have a difficult time caring.

Ohio State. This is more of a healthy hatred (the older I get). Since moving to Florida I have actually encountered some nice Buckeye fans (yes I can admit that they do exist). For some reason they've been easier to get along with the last four years or so.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Across all sports, I can't stand the Spartans. The Irish and Buckeyes are strictly a football only hatred.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

SC, especially the shelling that the Bruins have taken the past few years.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

MuchoBulls wrote:
Harvdog wrote:I would recheck your numbers on that deal. This pretty much says it all
Their deal is basically set up as if they are in a conference, which they should be in the first place.
Why should ND be in a conference? Because of the BCS? Talk about the tail wagging the dog.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:4. Oklahoma. This board seems to think that this program is God's gift to college football.
Coming from Domer, that's pretty rich.
You might have a point, if I had been the only one on this board to make that argument.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Why should ND be in a conference? Because of the BCS? Talk about the tail wagging the dog.
Yes, the BCS is one reason. Their new deal is set up just as any conference members deal is.

Secondly, I know ND loves to point to their status and tradition as an independent program. The problem with that is that times change and holding on to traditions can become a deterrent. ND has gone on record as saying that they will ease their scheduling in the future. Joining a conference, especially the Big East, would certainly help them there and then they could play 4 OOC games against teams that they have rivalries with. Here is an example of what ND's schedule could look like while being a member of the Big East:

Conference Games - Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse, West Virginia, Cincinnati, USF.

OOC Games - Michigan, USC, and then any of these 2: Navy, Michigan State, Purdue

ND wanted to play regional games in NY and Orlando. This can be accomplished by being in the Big East. You could play either Rutgers, or UConn in NY and you could play USF in Orlando.

Yes, I know the opponents in those locales aren't exactly appealing to ND, but while they love to hold on to their traditions, there comes a point in time when you have to create new ones as well.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

MuchoBulls wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Why should ND be in a conference? Because of the BCS? Talk about the tail wagging the dog.
Yes, the BCS is one reason. Their new deal is set up just as any conference members deal is.
I don't think the BCS is reason enough to join a conference, particularly when others have stated here their belief that the BCS might no longer be in existence five years down the road.

There was a time when there were lots of proud independents in college football: in addition to ND, you had Penn State, Miami and Florida State, among others. Just because those teams caved and joined conferences doesn't mean ND has to, as well.
Secondly, I know ND loves to point to their status and tradition as an independent program. The problem with that is that times change and holding on to traditions can become a deterrent. ND has gone on record as saying that they will ease their scheduling in the future. Joining a conference, especially the Big East, would certainly help them there and then they could play 4 OOC games against teams that they have rivalries with. Here is an example of what ND's schedule could look like while being a member of the Big East:

Conference Games - Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse, West Virginia, Cincinnati, USF.

OOC Games - Michigan, USC, and then any of these 2: Navy, Michigan State, Purdue
I have a few problems with this.

First thing is that the only Big East team with whom ND currently has a rivalry its fan base will embrace is Pitt. In this regard, Louisville and Cincinnati could join this group if ND joins the Big East, and possibly even Syracuse, UConn and West Virginia as well.

Second problem is with the OOC scheduling. First, ND historically has played Michigan less frequently than any team in the other category you mention (Navy, Michigan State and Purdue). Second thing is that ND likely will want the freedom to schedule at least one game a year against a team that doesn't ordinarily wind up on its schedule, or to continue a lesser rivalry (Stanford, e.g.). Along those lines, I think the only way ND winds up in the Big East is if the Big East will agree to at least one of these two conditions:
  • A 7-game conference schedule; or
  • Navy joins the Big East as a football-only member along with ND (allows ND to continue that rivalry without having to burn a OOC game to do so).
ND wanted to play regional games in NY and Orlando. This can be accomplished by being in the Big East. You could play either Rutgers, or UConn in NY and you could play USF in Orlando.
True, but ND doesn't need to join the Big East in order to accomplish this.
Yes, I know the opponents in those locales aren't exactly appealing to ND, but while they love to hold on to their traditions, there comes a point in time when you have to create new ones as well.
Last part of that sentence is probably the most compelling argument in favor of ND joining a conference. Holding on to a specific tradition for the sake of that tradition runs the risk of making your program obsolete.

Having said that, however, independence has been good to ND for the bulk of its football history, and therefore, the proponents of conference membership should have the burden of proof on this issue. I'm not sure yet that it's absolutely necessary for ND to join a conference in order to do what's best for its football program.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Terry,

I agree that the BCS is not reason enough for ND to join a conference since the BCS might not exist in a handful of years. However, would a potential new system be as favorable to ND as the BCS is to them right now? Obviously, that's a question that cannot be answered until a new system is implemented.

I know Penn St., Miami, and FSU all had great runs as independent programs, but they saw how beneficial being in a Conference could be for them. While I certainly understand that ND doesn't have to, I am sure that they see the positives of joining one, especially under the current system.

I know Pitt is ND's only current rival who play in the Big East. I am sure there are other programs that will soon develop rivalries win ND once they play a few times. Looking at the current framework of the Big East, Louisville could easily form a quick rivalry with ND, as could WVU, Syracuse, and even USF.

Thanks for helping me with ND's OOC scheduling. I wasn't aware that ND had played Michigan less frequently than Navy, MSU, or Purdue.

I could see the Big East maintianing a 7 game conference schedule. The bottom line is they want ND in as a football member and they would keep 7 games if that is what it took to get ND in. I don't see them inviting Navy as a football only member. The only way that could happen is, if/potentially when Basketball only playing members of the Big East would break away and form their own Conference. This has been heavily rumored to occur in the next handful of years.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote: Coming from Domer, that's pretty rich.
You might have a point, if I had been the only one on this board to make that argument.
Ah. So your argument is that your contention is valid and Notre Dame fans aren't arrogant because you're able to jump on a pile.

Well played, counselor. :D

And yes, some Oklahoma fans have an inflated idea of the program's value right now.
Blasphmer!!!

Your not supposed to admit that publically ;) Recruits may read these message boards :roll:

BtH I its mostly one of three groups that feel this way. The first group were all born before 1950 and the second group are those that were born in 1983 or after and didn't grow up Sooners. And last but not least the bandwagoners who appeared around November of 2000. Those are still very sizeable groups though.

The first group feels that way because the remember the glory days under Bud and lived through them as well. The second group because they don't know any better.

The last group is self explainatory, their called bandwagoners. One thing I did appreciate in 2000 greatly was that for the most part the people around us in the "good" seats we knew were Sooners because they for the most part were like us in the fact that the way they got those seats were while all the fair wheather fans unloaded their seats and caved on donations these were the people that were there while Nebbish and Colorado were pounding the crap out of us and there were good chances that just about everyone but Baylor might. I'm glad those days are gone and expect to remain away for a time to come but it will happen again, thats the nature of the beast.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

UVA-preppy, blazer-wearing bitches nursing off the teets of their trust funds.

WVA-inbred, town-burning gumps. They collect their teeth in beer cans to rattle at home games. Nuf said.

Miami-thug chumps can field an NFL team almost every year. Too bad their predilection for crime interferes with their success.

Save your Marcus Vick emails clones.
:oops:
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

You're absolutely right.

Sincerly,

Well, in 98, ND lost to USC and MSU, and huge wins against Baylor, Army, etc.....then got punked by Ga. Tech in the Gator Bowl

IN 2002, they lost to tough ole BYU, Purdue, by 25, Boston College, AT HOME, lost to Pitt., SERIOUSLY punked by USC, and had the usual win against Navy, Army, etc, finishing with a 5 - 5 record, and smacked down by Oregon State in the Toilet Bowl. So, the "10 win" thing is a HUGE lie.

They didn't belong in the BCS.

Man, I hate Domer Homers.

Get it?
What were we just talking about?
Killian

Post by Killian »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:
You're absolutely right.

Sincerly,

Well, in 98, ND lost to USC and MSU, and huge wins against Baylor, Army, etc.....then got punked by Ga. Tech in the Gator Bowl

IN 2002, they lost to tough ole BYU, Purdue, by 25, Boston College, AT HOME, lost to Pitt., SERIOUSLY punked by USC, and had the usual win against Navy, Army, etc, finishing with a 5 - 5 record, and smacked down by Oregon State in the Toilet Bowl. So, the "10 win" thing is a HUGE lie.

Get it?

I think we'll get it when you get your facts right, but don't let that stop you. In '98 they also beat Michigan and LSU. In '02, they beat Michigan and FSU. Remember? The reason they lost out on a BCS game was the ass kicking by USC. But even in the year you're talking about, '04, I didn't realize the NCAA went to a 10 game schedule.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:
You're absolutely right.

Sincerly,

What's that they say about a little knowledge being a dangerous thing? The 1998 season also included wins against Michigan (ranked #5 at the time) and LSU. We lost to Georgia Tech by only 7.
Nice recap, Rog -- of the 2004 season (except for the fact that we finished 6-5, didn't play Army, and beat Michigan and Tennessee along the way). Unfortunately, I was talking about 2002. Early Alzheimer's onset, perhaps?

In 2002, we finished 10-2, beating four ranked teams along the way -- Maryland, Michigan, Chair Force, and Free Shoes U. http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/sch ... Scores.pdf

Get it?
I'm not saying that they did. Rather, I brought up those two seasons to refute Harvdog's ridiculous claims that, inter alia, "the BCS coddles Notre Dame," "nine wins and Notre Dame is in the BCS", etc., etc.

At a minimum, the 1998 and 2002 seasons prove that that latter statement is the HUGE lie (to use your words) here.

Btw, you do remember that ND smacked Free Shoes U in 2002, don't you? And you do remember that Free Shoes U played in the BCS that year, despite losing four games and finishing #14 in the final BCS poll, don't you? And you do know that ND can't play in the BCS under those circumstances (must have at least nine wins and be ranked no lower than #12), don't you?

So tell me, who is it that the BCS is coddling?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:the only Big East team with whom ND currently has a rivalry its fan base will embrace is Pitt.
And that rivalry is due to continue for the long term. There was some updated future scheduling news in today's St. Petersburg Times concerning ND and the Big East.

IRISH COMING?: Notre Dame athletic director Kevin White confirmed his school plans to schedule three football games with Big East teams each season, starting in 2009.

White said he has talked with USF athletic director Doug Woolard but has not discussed specific details of any future meetings. One game each season would probably be played at the Meadowlands in New Jersey, White said, but the rest would be home-and-home contracts.

Seeing that Pitt will probably be on the schedule each season that would leave 2 other games a year for ND to play a Big East team. I know ND had mentioned potentially playing a game in Orlando every so often and it would make some sense to maybe play their if/when they play USF.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

MuchoBulls wrote:I could see the Big East maintianing a 7 game conference schedule. The bottom line is they want ND in as a football member and they would keep 7 games if that is what it took to get ND in. I don't see them inviting Navy as a football only member. The only way that could happen is, if/potentially when Basketball only playing members of the Big East would break away and form their own Conference. This has been heavily rumored to occur in the next handful of years.
One of the things I learned in researching the entire Big East situation is that a conference has to have at least six members playing together for a minimum of five years in order to have an automatic bid in the NCAA basketball tournament. Imho, that's the reason behind the Big East adding DePaul and Marquette in addition to Louisville, Cincinnati and South Florida. The thinking is that a split in the Big East is inevitable, and this way, if the members can keep the conference in its current format for five years, at the end of that time the two groups can shake hands and go their separate ways with both conferences having automatic bids in the NCAA tourney (or, at worst, one conference having to wait one year for an automatic bid), no lawsuits, etc.

If this happens, I would see both conferences expanding. If ND maintains its football independence and joins the "Catholic Conference" for other sports, I see that conference adding St. Joe's, Dayton, Xavier and Saint Louis, and splitting into east and west divisions in order to facilitate travel. If ND joins the football Big East schools or joins the Big Ten, Creighton probably would replace ND.

The football schools probably will add, at a minimum, Central Florida (which guarantees that each member school will play one game a year in Florida). Beyond that, any expansion would probably be dictated by their chances of getting ND to join.

As for ND, it maximizes ND's possible options. ND can give Weis five years to see what he can do with an independent program. If that works out, ND still has a built-in conference for its other sports. If not, ND has the option of joining a football conference.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Terry,

Good post. I definitely see the scenario where a split occurs down the road.

The only part of your post I disagree with is the Big East looking to add UCF. The first target they would go after in any addition would be Memphis. UCF is in pretty dire straits financially and they have repeatedly stumbled with the media in regards to when, and more importantly if, they are going to build a football stadium and a basketball arena.