Drivers

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

elgrandepeehole
Work Zone Ahead

Post by elgrandepeehole »

Felix wrote:
elgrandepeehole wrote: My swing speed is around 120+ with my driver, so I was looking for something that wouldn't torque as much and was a little stiffer, and I think I may have found the right mix with the Pro Launch.
If your swinging at that speed, you need to go to an X-Stiff shaft if you're not already playing one.....
I thought about putting the X NV Aldila in my 983, but decided to go with the Pro Launch because it's a little thicker. It's a Stiff, but plays more like an X.
Dinsdale wrote:Too busy thinking about chowing down on jizzsamiches?
elgrandepeehole
Work Zone Ahead

Qbert,
Is your shop online? I'm looking for one of those Taylor Made hybrid 5 woods. I have a five wood that I'm hitting that used to be money, back when I was playing alot. Lately I haven't been able to get out because of work and kids. My handicap went from a +4 to a .07 in less than a year and a half. The five I have has a very shallow face and is hard to hit if you're not hitting it dead center everytime. A buddy of mine bought one of the hybrids and he swears by it. I hit it the other day from about 225 out and literally hit it on a string dead at the pin. It landed like I had hit a 9 iron. I don't carry a 3 iron, so I want something that I can hit anywhere from 210 to 230. Let me know...
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

to clear up an earlier issue:

Titleist Speeder by Fujikura--->78 Grams...torque not mentioned.

(since it going into a bore-thru Head and needs to work better than the high $$$ Speeder Shafts...i'd guess it has a little more torque)

NV65 shaft---> 3.5* torque; 67 grams

Grafaloy Pro Launch Blue---> 2.8* torque; 63 grams

less torque and more Clubhead weight = more control

(x-stiff shaft...add 1 gram of weight....same torque)

elgrandepeehole wrote:Qbert,
Is your shop online?
http://www.specialteegolf.com

I'm looking for one of those Taylor Made hybrid 5 woods.
we can order it...we don't stock it--->long story

I have a five wood that I'm hitting that used to be money, back when I was playing alot. Lately I haven't been able to get out because of work and kids. My handicap went from a +4 to a .07 in less than a year and a half. The five I have has a very shallow face and is hard to hit if you're not hitting it dead center everytime. A buddy of mine bought one of the hybrids and he swears by it. I hit it the other day from about 225 out and literally hit it on a string dead at the pin. It landed like I had hit a 9 iron. I don't carry a 3 iron, so I want something that I can hit anywhere from 210 to 230. Let me know...
El

the Taylor Hybrid that you Hit..i'm guessing that it was a 17* loft?

keep this coorelation in mind...a 5 wood's traditional Loft is 17/18*...it has a longer shaft than a Hybrid--->usually labeled #2 (17*)...when looking to buy a new Hybrid.

longer shaft = more distance with same loft.

so, you're "guessing" (yes, i realize that you hit the hybrid) on trading the Hybrid 17* for the 5 wood....because of the shaft difference.

let me throw this out to y'all:

http://www.nickentgolf.com

click on the 3dx Hybrid

This Club is the Absolute SHIT!

~ it gives you more Loft Options than all other Mfgs.

~ over the past couple of weeks...it IS the leading Hybrid "in play" on all of the major Tours combined. has been #1 on Nationwide Tour since last August.

~ its better priced--->$90 steel (uniflex like Callaway), $100 UST Graphite (Regs. soft Tip, Stiff...well Stiff Tipped)

~ click the Dealer in your Area icon...if you are screwed--->PM me....i'll do the Best i can.

WAR TRUST Me CLONES! I HAVE 3 of THESE in MY Bag right now!

2+(15.5*), 4+(21.5*) and 5(26*).

RACK'em

OUT

i've been on these fugging MB's since 2000...and, i don't Soapbox much.

the Nickent Genex Ironwood IS the BEST on the market.

if you want it and can't find it...hit the PM button....and we'll work it out.
elgrandepeehole
Work Zone Ahead

Qbert wrote:to clear up an earlier issue:

Titleist Speeder by Fujikura--->78 Grams...torque not mentioned.

(since it going into a bore-thru Head and needs to work better than the high $$$ Speeder Shafts...i'd guess it has a little more torque)

NV65 shaft---> 3.5* torque; 67 grams

Grafaloy Pro Launch Blue---> 2.8* torque; 63 grams
The asswipe that sold me the Pro Launch told me that the NV and Pro Launch were the same grams...I knew that dickweed didn't know what he was talking about. To get more swing weight, where should I put the lead tape? I'm looking for about 1 to 1 1/2 more.

Also thanks for the headsup on the nickent. I actually saw a number of guys playing with it when the Nationwide rolled through my neck of the woods. I used to caddie when they were in town, but now that they're opposite the TPC Sawgrass tourney the need for local caddie's is not needed. I used to get a first hand view of what was new and what was hot.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

El

since U are not playing "regularly"...i'm GUESSING that you have the "Blocks?"

if the golf ball goes RIGHT...lead tape goes on the Heel; ball goes LEFT..lead tape goes on Toe.

more weight for no help...back/middle for lead tape.

just place it on the back/middle...like an old H&B Citation Persimmon Wood Backweight....remember to Fire your hips through the Drive and you'll be ok.

oh yeah...breath out of your Left Eye as well!

have a good weekend....honor our soldiers....drink and BBQ!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Qbert wrote:www.nickentgolf.com

click on the 3dx Hybrid

This Club is the Absolute SHIT!

~ it gives you more Loft Options than all other Mfgs.

~ over the past couple of weeks...it IS the leading Hybrid "in play" on all of the major Tours combined. has been #1 on Nationwide Tour since last August.

~ its better priced--->$90 steel (uniflex like Callaway), $100 UST Graphite (Regs. soft Tip, Stiff...well Stiff Tipped)

~ click the Dealer in your Area icon...if you are screwed--->PM me....i'll do the Best i can.

WAR TRUST Me CLONES! I HAVE 3 of THESE in MY Bag right now!

2+(15.5*), 4+(21.5*) and 5(26*).

RACK'em

OUT
Just ordered two of these from golfsmith.com. I think this is really what I am needing instead of a new driver. My 3 wood is a piece of shit, and like someone said earlier, if you want accuracy, go down to the 3 wood.

I got a 14* and a 20* graphite. golfsmith.com had them for $100 each, on sale from $120 each. I will take the 3 wood out of the bag as well as the 3 iron to stay legal. I usually use my 4 iron to punch out of trees anyway.

The only thing that pisses me off is that golfsmith does not have them available for ship until June 23. I want them YESTERDAY!

Q, thanks for the reccomendation on these. I hit my buddie's Nike hybrid this weekend and I was pretty damn solid with it. That combined with the cost of these and the fact it is the most used hybrid on tour now convinced me. And with my chipping so horrible, this is a great bump and run club around the greens which I go to when all I am doing is cooning or chili dipping.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Qbert wrote: oh yeah...breath out of your Left Eye as well!
"I heard he's wearing women's underwear--and he's breathing
through his pingala nostril."
get out, get out while there's still time
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Indy

you could roll over to Cincituckey...where we have 2 locations and probalby have those in your posession NOW!

$100 each...everyday price.

just sayin'