Butch Jones, best coach ever (II)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Butch Jones, best coach ever (II)

Post by King Crimson »

some magical coaching moves from a real chess master to lose to Vandy by two scores when your QB (Dobbs) is 30/34 for 350 yards and 2 TD's.

bet that's never happened before in the history of BTPCF....or, in this case, Vandy football.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Butch Jones, best coach ever (II)

Post by Dinsdale »

I didn't watch, but I followed the score all game... since I had Tennessee in the Pick'Em (D'oh).

Sure seemed like UT had it completely under control until the last few minutes.

I loves me some SEC football, and watched plenty this season... but that conference is a mess right now, with one gargantuan exception.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
I loves me some SEC football, and watched plenty this season... but that conference is a mess right now, with one gargantuan exception.
Yep. And based on the national press it seems that the CFP should be Bama plus three from B1G because that conf is soooooo good.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:I didn't watch, but I followed the score all game... since I had Tennessee in the Pick'Em (D'oh).

Sure seemed like UT had it completely under control until the last few minutes.
don't be deterred, big picture.....the long game....picking against Vanderbilt is almost always a good idea. so, you lost one.

that's my point, though, not just any shit-conjurer can steal defeat from the jaws of victory against Vanderbilt....it takes a special brand of moron.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Vandy's 14-10 ATS these last couple seasons. That's not shabby.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Committee is in a tough spot. Bama is the only easy choice. The teams that appear the be the class of the B1G Meatgrinder aren't even playing in the CCG.

Assuming they win the ACC, Clemson is an easy choice. After that? I'd say the B1G Champ (which will be a team not named tOSU or UM). Then... I dunno. No one from the B12 seems worthy. The PAC? If UDub beats Colorado (big "if"), then... I'll root for disease and famine before I endorse UDub for anything... which shows obvious bias on my part, but Rob Mullins and Ty Willingham are on the committee, and while I'm sure they're honest and ethical, they will likely point out UDub's weak-ass schedule.

Yup, time to throw the Group Of 5 a bone, and let WMU get slaughtered by Bama.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

If Clemson and Washington win their CCGs, I would be pretty surprised if the playoff is anything other than Bama/Clemson/OSU/UW. How they do the seeding though will be interesting. I don't think you can make OSU the 2-seed since they didn't win their division let alone their conference.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:
that's my point, though, not just any shit-conjurer can steal defeat from the jaws of victory against Vanderbilt....it takes a special brand of moron.
In Nashville, no less... where I'm guessing 95% of the crowd was wearing orange. I think it's their home-away-from home.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If Clemson and Washington win their CCGs, I would be pretty surprised if the playoff is anything other than Bama/Clemson/OSU/UW. How they do the seeding though will be interesting. I don't think you can make OSU the 2-seed since they didn't win their division let alone their conference.
tOSU should not be in the CFP. Period.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'm not saying they should be. I just think that's what they'll do.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Mikey wrote:tOSU should not be in the CFP. Period.
/s/

U. Meyer's bulletin board, circa December 2014
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Yep. And based on the national press it seems that the CFP should be Bama plus three from B1G because that conf is soooooo good.
Mikey wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If Clemson and Washington win their CCGs, I would be pretty surprised if the playoff is anything other than Bama/Clemson/OSU/UW. How they do the seeding though will be interesting. I don't think you can make OSU the 2-seed since they didn't win their division let alone their conference.
tOSU should not be in the CFP. Period.
Pac-12 crybaby says what? :lol:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

One could figuratively argue that Ohio State played in the Big XII championship game on 9/17, winning handily.

I believe UW was playing a team from the Big Sky that day. :wink:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I also take a certain degree of pleasure in watching Butch Jones flounder. Colorado's second choice is looking quite a bit better these days.
"Keys, woman!"