SZ Forum rules

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

SZ Forum rules

Post by Mister Bushice »

After reading the other thread, and all the PMs I received on the subject, I think this set of minimal rules will benefit the forum without taking away from the discussions. It is not intended as Carte Blanche for mods to slash and burn - hell, we could do that now if we wanted to ;) , but obviously some changes were needed, if only to distinguish this forum from the others, and to cut down on the garbage that a disgruntled few enjoyed dumping here.

Very simply put:

1. No thread hijacking. Offending posts will be removed. Threads that naturally move from one topic to another will not be touched, for example if a thread starts out about bushs Stem cell beliefs and ends up discussing Bushs Economic policies, it'll stay. Unless it is obviously an intended hijack, like diverting from "Bushs religious beliefs" to "Civil war sexual practices of junior ranking officers" in mid stream for no reason. Those type of posts will be split but will most likely remain in the forum.

2. No call out threads or non topic personal insult posts. Those will be moved to main street or removed, depending. To define it a little more, it is acceptable to say "It's because Bush lied about his reason for going to war, you idiot", but if you're just posting "Fuck Off you Pussy" Or "Bushice is a homo that I hate", that will most likely get the thread / post removed to either Trots or Main street.

C.Bickering should be kept at a minimum. It is in everyones best interest to maintain some thread integrity by not devolving into a circular pissing match with someone else, so don't do it. If it gets out of hand, it will be split or removed, but most likely a gentle reminder will be given first.

See? That didn't hurt too much. You can hoist up your pants now, we're all done here. :)
Last edited by Mister Bushice on Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Don't they trust you with the "Lock Thread" button, Babshice?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

I wanted to give the reasonable people a chance to comment.

Present company excluded.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Cuda wrote:I'm not used to being treated like a mature adult or expected to act like an adult and therefore have no coping mechanism for this situation and have no clue how to react.
Not like anyone likes rules or anything, but at least everyone got a say. The rules were composed out of what everyone collectively wanted, which is rare, especially with the usually power-hungry internet BBs.
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Post by Viper in Vancouver »

These rules seem really fair. Some of those losers that moderate the main forum need to take note
Is Rozy a man or a woman? This thing has a chicks name and deleates threads about hot chicks. I'm guessing this loser isn't a dude
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Good luck with that. I set one, as the over/under on people who obey those rules. I'm betting the under.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

it is acceptable to say "It's because Bush lied about his reason for going to war, you idiot",

Ironic given that when I run this type of line Bushice immediately starts crying.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Viper in Vancouver Wrote:
These rules seem really fair. Some of those losers that moderate the main forum need to take note
This from the self obsorption who once yanked on the only thread that was being posted on; because he could.

Here's a SZ Open_Board thought:

Check the traffic before you play cop.
Apply your rule when/if needed, but don't let the fact that traffic is what's more relevant than personal pee-brained opinion.

Sometimes you just got to get over yourselves, or stay t f in your private forums.

Freakin Self Open Board Ass Kicking Control Freaks.
They be like Death and Taxes.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Good luck with that. I set one, as the over/under on people who obey those rules. I'm betting the under.
Those who have difficulties with the rules will get a warning or three and then patience will wear thin and they'll find their spam being lobbed into Trots like mortars into a Gaza settlement on Passover.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

I hope they do move them to the Trots. With no mods (read: pussy mods) to ruin it over there, it is the best forum on this shithole right now.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Not to piss on your parade, Hap, as you are somewhat on target, but.......

viewtopic.php?t=5436

........three of my posts in this thread (which I started in TRoTS) were edited.

The fuckmonkeys running this board are a total joke, man.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Why is that not a surprise?
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Right. Because it's not like you came into this thread and this forum specifically to cause problems or anything. :roll:

Dude, you're standing in front of a urinal and pissing on the wall and you don't expect the guy who has to clean up the place to take you to task?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Editing posts is the ULTIMATE in pussy.

No two ways about that.

Hey, delete it if it bruises the vagina too much, or..........ban the offender........but EDITING posts....?

You've GOT to be kidding, right....?

bwahahaha

I posted NOTHING in violation of board rules.

Nothing that had reason to be edited.

pussy

I offered my take on the "rules" for this forum previously, Mike.

Guess what...?

Bushice shitcanned it.

That's interesting.

Hmmmm............

My opinion bruised HIS vagina somehow.

Or maybe I don't post often enough in here so that I am granted an opinion.

Non-posting does not equal non-reading.

Whatever
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

I haven't moved or edited anything of yours. I can't speak for everything that's been moved or edited, but I did see a couple of your posts in Trots that I would have sent if I had seen them first. Apologies for not providing examples. I went for a look over there and can't find the posts that I'm thinking of.

I seriously don't get what the big deal is with you. The NFL forum has similar rules to what Bushice, I and others have proposed. Basically, it's nothing more than "Have an opinion that relates to the topic at hand and don't act like an AOL Justin Timberlake Chat retard." Not really sure why that's such a big deal...
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! :D Just a guess, but the fact that you've got five posts in five months in this forum and came in here to stir shit up when we're trying to get it settled might have a wee bit to do with the likelihood of your posts ending up in Trots.

Seriously, you're a smart dude with strong opinions on most subjects. Why not be a regular contributor?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Variable wrote:
Right. Because it's not like you came into this thread and this forum specifically to cause problems or anything. :roll:

Dude, you're standing in front of a urinal and pissing on the wall and you don't expect the guy who has to clean up the place to take you to task?
Being a piss-cleaner is just about your speed, although I had Babshice figured as more of the jizz-mopper type.

btw, can we say mvscal in here now without the m0dS throwing a tantrum?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Cuda wrote:
Variable wrote:

Being a piss-cleaner is just about your speed, although I had Babshice figured as more of the jizz-mopper type.

This is the perfect example of an utterly useless post - utterly useless for this forum. The moderators have made it crystal-clear that they would like to prevent this kind of post in the political forum - expect that to be the case from here forward.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Exactly, PSU. But it's always the same 3 or 4 posters all the time running the same tired act.

From here on out, as outlined above, it won't be tolerated.

And just for clarification purposes, I'll leave the shining examples of what is not acceptable in this thread for a day or so. Pretty funny how they come in here, piss all over the forum, then when their posts get moved, they cry like little babies.

For those of you who get it, thanks for the support. For those who don't, there's always Trots.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

This is the perfect example of an utterly useless post - utterly useless for this forum. The moderators have made it crystal-clear that they would like to prevent this kind of post in the political forum - expect that to be the case from here forward.
...which is why he has his own forum. Hell, if he had any pride, the least he would have done is shitcanned that nick after the ass-raping he took at the hands of EM.
Sure, go ahead. Less tantrums here. I'd just send it straight to the shitter, since the whole point of your post would be to drop a slur to see if you can piss anyone off. If it's relevant to the thread though, I'll let it and anything else stay.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

poptart wrote:Editing posts is the ULTIMATE in pussy.

No two ways about that.

Hey, delete it if it bruises the vagina too much, or..........ban the offender........but EDITING posts....?

You've GOT to be kidding, right....?

bwahahaha

I posted NOTHING in violation of board rules.

Nothing that had reason to be edited.

pussy

I offered my take on the "rules" for this forum previously, Mike.

Guess what...?

Bushice shitcanned it.

That's interesting.

Hmmmm............

My opinion bruised HIS vagina somehow.

Non-posting does not equal non-reading.

Whatever
I never edited a single one of your posts, or anyone elses here for that matter. I moved several of yours, because they belonged in trots.

And you are correct on one thing. Your opinion on how this forum should be run has little value given the fact that 100% of your posts here are:
1. Intended as a personal shot at me, or
2. A comment on how shitty the board is.

The discussion on the rule changes was generate via posters and readers who are sick of wading through the type of crap you, Cuda, and others drop here, so based on that input we made those changes.

If you don't like it, leave. As I said, you have brought nothing to the table so far, at least in terms of viable content worth commenting on.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Have fun reading the same 4 posters in here Babshice. That's about what you're down to: You, Monica, Detard & mvscal. I don't want to speak for mvscal, but I don't see him putting up with your dripping vagina very long either.

Has it ever occured to you that there were reasons why TNW died? Some of those reasons are admins & mods here and they're doing the EXACT same fucking things that killed TNW. YOU'RE doing the exact same fucking things that killed TNW.

Right now, there are 3 choices for people to post: TOT, which is run by and for Tards; Main Street, which is now run by & for Dorks, and TRotS, which has rapidly become the only READABLE message board- and for reasons you will probably never fucking comprehend
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

No one here, other than slack-jawed retards like yourself, want to read the type of shit that's in Trots. ...and for reasons you will probably never fucking comprehend.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Glad you feel that way, variable.

You stay away from TRotS and everybody stays happy

Oh, and believe me, I DO comprehend where you're coming from: Both You & Babshice get your asses handed to you every time you jump into a discussion and you want the ass-rapings to stop and the ass-rapers to go away. That's perfectly understandable. You'll get your wish.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Actually, I think what we'll see is a bunch of people who were tired of that crap post more often.

Either way not having to read another epic "babshice sucks balls" post from you will be refreshing. If that means we're killing the forum bring on death.

Just trot on back to trots and discuss bowel movements, who is sucking what dick, or whatever scintillating topic currently makes that the only readable forum here, ok?
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

You have no idea how appropriate it is that you and your fellow ADD spammers are taking the shitter and pridefully calling it home. Classic.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Nope. I think I've had enough from these two losers.
In all seriousness, I'm a pretty reasonable guy, as is Bushice from what I can tell. I generally enjoy reading your posts and hope you decide to stick around.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Variable wrote:I haven't moved or edited anything of yours. I can't speak for everything that's been moved or edited, but I did see a couple of your posts in Trots that I would have sent if I had seen them first.
Just for the record, every topic of mine that is in TRoTS is there because that is where I chose to put it. Nobody has moved anything of mine there.

.......except for my take on this forum's rules, which I posted last week.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mike, you ARE reasonable.

I'd stop and help Bushice if I saw him with a flat tire, as he once helped me with some computer trouble......but as a m0d, the man has issues.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Closer to the truth is you're the one with the problem.

This time around it was others who approached me about cleaning up the crap, yet you, as you have since this place opened, have posted nothing but complaints and accusations.

I can't recall a post here by you that contributed in a positive or realistic way to a discussion or a problem.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

This time around it was others who approached me about cleaning up the crap...
I can't speak for others, but I sent Bushice a PM making some suggestions about how we could make this place better for everyone. since I don't believe in bitching unless you're also willing to back it up with actions, I offered to help moderate the forum as well.

This isn't Darth Bushice shaking his balled-up black gloved fist at everyone and bellowing, "Soon you will learn to call me MASTER!", as much as some would like to believe.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mister Bushice wrote:Closer to the truth is you're the one with the problem.

This time around it was others who approached me about cleaning up the crap, yet you, as you have since this place opened, have posted nothing but complaints and accusations.

I can't recall a post here by you that contributed in a positive or realistic way to a discussion or a problem.
If I whisper in your ear that I'm thinking HARD about Hillary in '08, will ya love me...?

Bushice, your heart is in the right place, and your intentions are good, I do believe.

I just think you're barking up the wrong tree with your forum "modifications."

Sorry for being a pain in your ass.

You're really not my enemy.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

They aren't mine. That is where you're going wrong, and have always done so.

And I think you're attempting to magnify it into something it isn't. However the only thing that will prove that is time.
If I whisper in your ear that I'm thinking HARD about Hillary in '08, will ya love me...?
If you HAD a take on politics and posted it, I'd be shocked, but I'm not ready for love yet. ;)
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mister Bushice wrote:They aren't mine. That is where you're going wrong, and have always done so.
Ok, the secret "committee".......or whoever.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I don't see Scanner.

I need representation.

FUCK that committee.

:wink:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cuda wrote: Has it ever occured to you that there were reasons why TNW died? Some of those reasons are admins & mods here and they're doing the EXACT same fucking things that killed TNW. YOU'RE doing the exact same fucking things that killed TNW.
Coods, TNW didn't die. It was allowed to expire, with two months warning from m7 to allow us to find another pasture.

Get your facts straight.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Sorry, but TNW was dead long before Kevorkian7 put it out of its misery. There were times there towards the end where there would be no new posts in the Boxing forum for days at a stretch. That's a dead board defined.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
Variable wrote:That's a dead board defined.
And this is a dying board defined.

You two clowns seriously need to check yourselves.
Yea, 15 topics today and counting. REAL dead this board is.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote: And this is a dying board defined.

You two clowns seriously need to check yourselves.
Yea, 15 topics today and counting. REAL dead this board is.
How many of those were split from other topics?
All of two. And those derived from multipage threads and themselves might well turn into multipage threads.
How long until people get seriously sick of this anal retentive bullshit?
Oh they gettin tired already. I suggest you beat them to the door.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

How long until people get seriously sick of this anal retentive bullshit?
And do what, act like adults engaging in intelligent give and take? Man, that would suck.