Labor Day Weekend

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Labor Day Weekend

Post by Smackie Chan »

Any plans? Four-day weekend for me, then flying out to SoCal Tue on business for a few days. Doing a little landscaping of the front yard today, going to see Darrell Hammond do stand-up tomorrow night, and I'm sure the grill will get fired up at some point this weekend.

To celebrate Joe Six-pack, whose labor built this great nation, I'll spin a couple or so sets of hand-selected working-class tunes picked at the peak of freshness, served up in convenient 6-packs. The rest of the evening, beginning around 9pm Eastern, will be filled with time-tested fan favorites that will make all who stumble their way into TuneTown thankful for having a job that pays for electricity and an ISP & stuff, allowing them to tune into what will be a show for the ages and remembered for years to come. You'd be, like, pretty dumb if you missed it.

Have a great weekend, asshats.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Re: Labor Day Weekend

Post by The Big Pickle »

It would be cool if more people would tune into chat/radio tonight. Don't get me wrong, I like the usual suspects, but what we really need is a mvscal appearance, maybe some carson and goobs, more women...just more of everything!

Good times peeps! Login to chat/radio tonight for a :bode: good time!
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

It's 3am here when Smackie starts his show.

I can't get the sound to work, either.

Suxx.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Football tonight. Maybe I'll let Smackie provide the soundtrack.

Tomorrow, Tedeschi/Trucks in San Diego. I was able to score first row center seats in the balcony by getting tickets through the band's website.

I didn't know when I bought the tickets that it coincides with Alabama vs. USC. Not such a bad thing, though. Prolly would have gone to this show anyway and, if it turns out to be a great game, I can watch it at my leisure. If not, then who cares.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Ahhh. Finally nice and cooler here. I will be chillaxing outside as much as possible. Attending Yes concert on Sunday night at an outdoor venue. I will try my best to tune into chat/radio tonight.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Be there or be a rhombus with 90º angles. Don't forget you can listen at another time thanks to T1B's recording engineer Barflie.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

trev wrote:Ahhh. Finally nice and cooler here. I will be chillaxing outside as much as possible. Attending Yes concert on Sunday night at an outdoor venue. I will try my best to tune into chat/radio tonight.
Is that at Humphrey's?

Should be a great show. I saw them about 43 years ago in SF. Would like to see them again sometime.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

That's so cool Mikey. Yes, Humphreys. I'll miss my crush Jon Anderson, but it should be a good show. I've never seen Yes live. I'll let you know how it is.

Sad I will miss chat after all. Friends called for a last minute outing.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

trev wrote:...chillaxing...
Oh, sweet trev...

...my dearest trev.

Please, never say that again.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Hookers, vodka and bong hits. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

We had a blast in chat/music Friday Night. I think we had a record crowd in there and then mgo showed up and within 10 minutes everyone left. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Playing where?
You got a gig?