Slackers. AP Poll.

Post by OUMO »

Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Slackers. AP Poll.

Post by Left Seater »

Meh. I will tune in Oct 9th.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Gee, Sam, I dunno.

Sin,
Tennessee, Georgia, Ole Miss, and Florida
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Sudden Sam wrote:How the hell can everyone vote Alabama #1 when they lost their QB, their top two RBs, their Rimington-winning center, most of the starting DL, and their best LB?

How does this happen?

because...WHY NOT?

in all seriousness...why not?? they've been the top 2 or 3 teams in college football for quite a while now...consistency and faith in Saban is enough.

I'd probably have them as my No. 1.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I can't say I disagree with the top 3.

After that, it's a crapshoot.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Sudden Sam wrote:How does this happen?
It is so they can slowly and conveniently move back into the top 4 after losing to Ole Miss (again). :wink:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Heard Phil Steele yesterday and he said to run away from OU. He pointed out that the last three times they have had a top 5 preseason ranking, they have finished no better than 18th in the final poll. However, when they have been ranked outside the top 10 in the preseason they have won their conf more often than not.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Left Seater wrote:Heard Phil Steele yesterday and he said to run away from OU. He pointed out that the last three times they have had a top 5 preseason ranking, they have finished no better than 18th in the final poll. However, when they have been ranked outside the top 10 in the preseason they have won their conf more often than not.

you could have asked any OU fan on here and we'd of told you teh same thing.

any level headed OU fan knows it's a kiss of death when we go into a season with expectations.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Moby Dick wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Heard Phil Steele yesterday and he said to run away from OU. He pointed out that the last three times they have had a top 5 preseason ranking, they have finished no better than 18th in the final poll. However, when they have been ranked outside the top 10 in the preseason they have won their conf more often than not.

you could have asked any OU fan on here and we'd of told you teh same thing.

any level headed OU fan knows it's a kiss of death when we go into a season with expectations.
not sure that's true....both the second year Josh Heupel, Jason White, Sam Bradford teams did OK. they had expectations, less Heupel i admit.

that said, i think this OU team is another top 5-10 ish Stoops team that wins a couple great games and loses 1 or 2 we scratch our head about the deep ball over the middle Stoops D (again, again, again)....or some kind of fucked up special teams mistakes kickoff return for TD's when the game is put away or our conference record setting kicker misses a PAT. that sort of thing. :evil:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

King Crimson wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:

that said, i think this OU team is another top 5-10 ish Stoops team that wins a couple great games and loses 1 or 2 we scratch our head about the deep ball over the middle Stoops D (again, again, again)....or some kind of fucked up special teams mistakes kickoff return for TD's when the game is put away or our conference record setting kicker misses a PAT. that sort of thing. :evil:

QUIT PICKING THOSE SCABS!!!!
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

was talking to OUMO the other day and i fully expect us to win 10 games.

anything more i'll be happy..anything less i'll be pissed.

was looking at Vegas odds the other day and we're 80% or better to win every game this year except Bedlam where we're a 70% odds to win. :doh:
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Your season hinges on Baker Mayfield's health. He's a concussion away from being out for a significant amount of time. No Sterling Shephard to throw to means Mayfield is going to have to run more IMO. I'm not saying one of the other guys lacks the ability to alleviate SS' missed production, but he was definitely Mayfield's favorite target. Also, OU loses quite a bit in the pass rush with Striker gone which allowed Stoops' 3-3-5 formation to thrive with that talented and very aggressive secondary. OU has one of the best defensive back units in the nation, but they can only cover for so long if that front six can't get a consistent pass rush.

I think OU making it back to the playoff, Mixon and Perrine need to have monster seasons and Mayfield must stay healthy.

September 3rd is going to be a blast to watch.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Go Coogs' wrote:Your season hinges on Baker Mayfield's health. He's a concussion away from being out for a significant amount of time. No Sterling Shephard to throw to means Mayfield is going to have to run more IMO. I'm not saying one of the other guys lacks the ability to alleviate SS' missed production, but he was definitely Mayfield's favorite target. Also, OU loses quite a bit in the pass rush with Striker gone which allowed Stoops' 3-3-5 formation to thrive with that talented and very aggressive secondary. OU has one of the best defensive back units in the nation, but they can only cover for so long if that front six can't get a consistent pass rush.

I think OU making it back to the playoff, Mixon and Perrine need to have monster seasons and Mayfield must stay healthy.

September 3rd is going to be a blast to watch.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

all that is true. i posted that same such in the other thread. i rewatched the Baylor, TCU, and OSU games not so long ago and Shepard was a MAN in those games. Tennessee. for sure. Odell Beckham says SS will be rookie of the year. i don't watch the NFL much but that would be cool....buhlee it when i see it. heck of a college football player. decent mix of guys at WR though. like to see the TE in play but that's a personal thing.

i will never trust a Stoops team to win games week after week on the ground. run blocking is always iffy against even a better than average front 7.

Charles Tapper is a loss up front on D as well as Striker on the edge.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Shepard will go the way of past OU WRs to go pro.

Torn ACL first year on right knee....

Torn ACL 2nd year in left knee...

OU has the worst luck with players in the NFL getting hurt.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

I do agree with Moby on the 10 wins for OU during the regular season and 10 wins will not cut it to return to the playoff.

Lefty, Phil Steele is the only magazine I get now, love all the info.

Just a stat that I noticed with Stoops coached teams last year.

In every season that Stoops had lost 4 games or more they have been followed by at least three 10 win seasons in a row.

2015 Stoops 11-2
2014 Stoops 8-5
2013 Stoops 11-2
2012 Stoops 10-3
2011 Stoops 10-3
2010 Stoops 12-2
2009 Stoops 8-5
2008 Stoops 12-2
2007 Stoops 11-3
2006 Stoops 11-3
2005 Stoops 8-4
2004 Stoops 12-1
2003 Stoops 12-2
2002 Stoops 12-2
2001 Stoops 11-2
2000 Stoops 13-0
1999 Stoops 7-5

2011 being the only regular season without 10 wins.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Heard today OU is starting 1 frosh and three sophomores on the OL. Is that true?

If so they run game better be best in the country.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Left Seater wrote:Heard today OU is starting 1 frosh and three sophomores on the OL. Is that true?

If so they run game better be best in the country.

i keep hearing we're really deep at Offensive line...

i guess we'll see
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

yep..looking like RS Fresh, 2 RS Sophomores, Sophomore and a Jr.

if that's the case...i really like our chances even better...for next year.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dinsdale wrote:I can't say I disagree with the top 3.
Maybe I can?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If OU does lose, you know what that means for the polls, right?

Kentucky becomes #3. Or aTm. Or someonelike that.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

it's sort of amazing how bad OU is when we think we can run the ball.

i posted that in another thread.

war Houston.

at least we haven't lost to Texas this year so far.
"