Let's call it what it is...

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Let's call it what it is...

Post by smackaholic »

Radical? I guess.

Dumbfukk? Most certainly.

Terrorist? Possibly, but if their goal was to shoot up a heroin den, I'd call that more of a public service.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Terrorists
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:June to Date in Chicago:
Shot & Killed: 50
Shot & Wounded: 250
Total Shot: 300
Total Homicides: 52

http://heyjackass.com/

Liberals are much worse than ISIS.
So the south side of Chicago is a dangerous place because all the hoodlums and gangstas who shoot each other up can't legally carry their pieces?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Every last one of these was undoubtedly done with an AR. I mean, those ARE the guns designed to kill people, you know. :meds:
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Spend all that money on the truck and outfit it with an Igloo/Coleman cooler. Man, drop a few bucks and spruce up your rig with a Yeti. Cheapskates.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:

So the south side of Chicago is a dangerous place because all the hoodlums and gangstas who shoot each other up can't legally carry their pieces?
Last edited by Diego in Seattle on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

No, it isn't. Chicago doesn't have a gun law problem, it has a black-on-black crime cultural problem.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

KC Scott wrote:Missed the point entirely MGO

Doesn't matter whether the problem is Black on Black or Red on Yellow

The Strictest Gun Laws in the Country aren't solving the problem.... Does anyone really think more laws would?
Actually I think you missed the point.

There's no one single "the problem" and no one single "the solution." Just because stricter gun laws may not have solved Chicago's problem (and who knows if it wouldn't have been even worse otherwise) doesn't mean that stricter laws wouldn't have a positive effect elsewhere.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Lighten up, Nancy. Nobody wants to confiscate your purse pistol.

You'll still be able to shoot all those big nasty Mohammedans when they come to steal your virtue.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The Strictest Gun Laws in the Country aren't solving the problem.... Does anyone really think more laws would?
We can debate gun laws, I just thnk doing so ignores the bigger picture. The root cause of gun violence boils down to systemic cultural dysfunction in "certain" communities as well as mental illness. I don't give a fuck if Joe Suburbia from Naperville is allowed to carry or not. How is that going to positively impact violent crime in West Englewood?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:

We can debate gun laws, I just thnk doing so ignores the bigger picture. The root cause of gun violence boils down to systemic cultural dysfunction in "certain" communities as well as mental illness. I don't give a fuck if Joe Suburbia from Naperville is allowed to carry or not. How is that going to positively impact violent crime in West Englewood?
Good to see we are in agreement that the number one category of Americans offing one another, and it ain't even close, is an urban cultural thang.

That being the case, WTF is restricting scary looking semi-autos going to do when the great majority of these shootings are with handguns, or purse pistols, as mikey likes to call them?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:
You and the rest on the left think more laws solve that problem.
Let's look at what we these days call the "left."

The bad apples of that bunch have on several occasions attacked Trump supporters over their political views. These are the same people that want to take away your gun rights, and have deemed that "assault rifles" (which an AR is not, technically) should be done away with, since you'll never have to defend yourself from domestic tyranny.

Buy 'em up as fast as you can, since tyrants are trying to impose their will.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

So if one were to buy them up while they can still be had, what would be a good semi-auto rifle for someone maybe looking to spend upwards of say $1000 +/- a few Benjamins.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The AR.

There are plenty others, but the AR is the most common. This means that when someone wants to go shoot up some joint, there is a good chance that they'll use an AR. Unfortunately, the anti-gun morons point to the fact that many use the AR for mass shootings and come to the conclusion that the problem is the AR. It's as if it is 1922 and someone decides to pass a law to fight car accidents by banning the Model T.

Anyone with a room temp or better IQ should understand that taking away the most common tool to commit a crime simply means that a different tool will be used. Any garden variety 9mm hand gun today will hold 15 rounds, give or take a few. Someone proficient with such a weapon can pop Orlando drag queens or Sandy Hook kindergardeners in considerable numbers using either. The AR has a primary advantage over the 9mm. You can pop folks at a longer range. But, if that is your thing, a bolt action rifle with a scope is far better. The handgun is far more concealable. You could walk into any place in jeans and a T shirt with one tucked into your belt and no one would have a clue. Tuck a handful of mags in your belt as well and you have the ability to shoot 100 people. Reload time is a second or two if you are reasonably proficient. So this ridiculous argument against hi-cap mags is bullshit. They use it because they know that some dullards will bite and they realize that more extensive banning is not palatable to most folks.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:Though you seem to be quite liberal, at least you understand the true problem. Then again - I doubt you'd want many of your liberal friends to know what you said here. I won't say anything.
I don't view things through a liberal or conservative lens. I'd rather just discuss the issues. Why are you so obsessed with the word "liberal"?
BUT - the fact of the matter here is - it doesn't matter how many laws you put on the books - the people you just described properly are going to kill each other no matter what.
So it seems we're in agreement it's not about gun laws. Rack you for finally getting it.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

There is only one reason to own an AR, because the cops do.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hey, welcome back, Tiny.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Moving Sale wrote:There is only one reason to own an AR, because the cops do.
That is one reason. The primary reason, which has something to do with your reason, is the Second Amendment.

No one argues that the AR isn't effective at killing people. What is arguable is the implication that only scary looking "military style" guns can do it.

That muzzie POS could have done the same with any garden variety 9mm handgun. The gun nazis like to point to sandhook as well. The fact of the matter is that that crazy fukk could have done the same there with a 38 revolver and a claw hammer. The 38 to pop the 2 or 3 threats and a hammer to take out kindergardeners.

As for a justification to owning an AR or similar, not that I need one, but, fuggit, I'll play. It is a versatile weapon. It is good as a self defense weapon in that you can shoot numerous times before reloading and it is decent enough at longer range, be it to take out bad guys 100 ft away, or to shoot deer. A bolt action 30-06 is not a good close up defense weapon and a 9mm kinda sucks at taking down a white tail at 100 yards.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote:
There is only one single problem and that's the use of firearms by criminal element - simple, end of discussion

You and the rest on the left think more laws solve that problem.

But when given a textbook example of how the most restrictive gun laws in the Country haven't curtailed gun violence in the 3rd largest city in America you simply deflect and refuse to accept the failure of your argument.

You and your ilk will never accept the fact that violent criminals don't follow the law, whether it's Chicago, Orlando or San Bernadino.
But that's OK as long as you think you're accomplishing something by making even more laws, which infringe on the rights of the honest citizenry
so I guess you don't see a problem then....if you do, what would you suggest be done to curtail gun deaths in Chicago....you've got to admit one of two things: there's a gun problem and this is how to deal with it, or there's a gun problem and nothing can be done about it.....I get the impression you're one of those "nothing can be done" guys, so we just let them keep killing each other.....

the only problem there is that there is a lot of collateral damage, innocent people caught in the crossfire....what should we do about that.....just say nothing can be done and live with it?
get out, get out while there's still time
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Terrorists
Who was "terrorized"? If you can squeeze the dick out of your ass long enough to muster a response, of course.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
so I guess you don't see a problem then....if you do, what would you suggest be done to curtail gun deaths in Chicago....you've got to admit one of two things: there's a gun problem and this is how to deal with it, or there's a gun problem and nothing can be done about it.....I get the impression you're one of those "nothing can be done" guys, so we just let them keep killing each other.....

the only problem there is that there is a lot of collateral damage, innocent people caught in the crossfire....what should we do about that.....just say nothing can be done and live with it?
Oh, oh!! I know!! I figured this out. It's brilliant. Check it out. Why don't we just make murder against the law? We can make it like the worst crime on the books ever and punish it severely!

Problem solved!
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:

Oh, oh!! I know!! I figured this out. It's brilliant. Check it out. Why don't we just make murder against the law? We can make it like the worst crime on the books ever and punish it severely!

Problem solved!
You only say that because you know it is the balck folks that do the majority of the murdering, you racist POS, you.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Terrorists
Who was "terrorized"? If you can squeeze the dick out of your ass long enough to muster a response, of course.
Sorry. Forgot they're not brown.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Can't help but notice you failed to answer the question.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Law abiding citizens.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Mikey wrote:

Actually I think you missed the point.

There's no one single "the problem" and no one single "the solution." Just because stricter gun laws may not have solved Chicago's problem (and who knows if it wouldn't have been even worse otherwise) doesn't mean that stricter laws wouldn't have a positive effect elsewhere.
It'd help if the city's prosecuting attorneys would do the scut work and go after the strawman purchases that the gangbanger's momma or granny make for them. But no, that's neither sexy enough nor a high enough profile case to warrant the effort and money to boost their career and elevate their political standing in the Democratic Party Machine risk being labeled racist for going after dear, sweet old Aunt Jemima.
Last edited by Rooster on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

No, it's because I have a serious hog problem (go on, make your jokes) on my deer lease. The AR is the most efficient way to take out 3 to 4 hogs at once. Feral hogs reproduce a litter of six twice a year. The AR is helping get that under control.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

atmdad wrote:So if one were to buy them up while they can still be had, what would be a good semi-auto rifle for someone maybe looking to spend upwards of say $1000 +/- a few Benjamins.
Something in a 9mm or 5.56/.223 caliber. Why? Because if these weapons become scarce, the ubiquity of the round becomes of utmost paramount importance. Some oddball calibers will always be difficult to procure unless you load your own, so barring you owning a complete gunpowder/primer/casing/measurement setup, the easiest and most likely manner in which you will be able to scrounge for ammunition would be to use 9mm and/or 5.56/.223. .22LR is becoming more available and affordable at $8 a box give or take a buck or two depending on your source and the amount of the bulk purchase you want to buy, so there's that. Additionally to the less expensive nature of a 22LR, it packs lighter, smaller, and holds well in sticks that fit in ammo pouches, however, it doesn't pack much punch.

Depending on your state laws, I'd highly recommend an AR pistol with an HK handicap person's stock forearm brace. All told, the length of the barrel is about 7 inches and the shoulder stock forearm brace to muzzle tip is approximately 18-22 inches in length. Highly concealable and perfect for CQB/home defense. These can be had for around $700-$900 complete. Do it quick, because the ATF is looking to ban modify the law because they hate crippled people and tyrannasaurus rexes apparently.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Go Coogs' wrote:
No, it's because I have a serious hog problem (go on, make your jokes) on my deer lease. The AR is the most efficient way to take out 3 to 4 hogs at once. Feral hogs reproduce a litter of six twice a year. The AR is helping get that under control.
Aren't feral hogs pretty good eats?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

No, Sale, cops using ARs is not the only reason to own one, numbnuts.

The AR is a highly capable machine. It is the only weapon to achieve the Holy Grail of precision sport shooting, the 10/10/10/1000 competition: 10 rounds, shot within 10 seconds, to hit within the 10 ring at 1000 yards. It was a highly customized rig, but previously the accuracy and speed necessary to do that was not possible.

It is an excellent hunting rifle.

For many shooters, familiarity from use in the service makes it comfortable.

It is highly customizable. Someone like yourself can even have yours in pink or rainbow colors.

It's light.

Spare parts are easy to find.

Ammunition is relatively cheap and plentiful.

Different optics are easily installed on them, depending on the shooter's eyesight or needs.

There is little recoil, giving women such as yourself a reason to enjoy firing the weapon.

Aesthetically, it is has minimalist's design, lending it a pleasing, yet aggressive shape.

It has been around long enough to have had the bugs worked out, so reliability is not a concern.

They are relatively inexpensive.

They're recyclable!
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote:
Aren't feral hogs pretty good eats?
It's hit and miss. The big ones (over 200 lbs) are usually a little gamey. I just cut out the backstrap of the smaller ones and let the coyotes have the rest. If you trap them and feed them good slop for a couple weeks it can make them taste better....So I've heard.
Last edited by Go Coogs' on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Rooster wrote:
It is an excellent hunting varmint rifle.
FTFY
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

In .223, yes, it's a varmint rifle. In Blackout or Grendel, it'll put a buck down easily-- and it's still an AR frame.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Rooster wrote:In .223, yes, it's a varmint rifle. In Blackout or Grendel, it'll put a buck down easily-- and it's still an AR frame.
:meds:

Rambo wanna-be cartridges.

If you're going to hunt deer, get a proper deer rifle.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Rooster wrote:In .223, yes, it's a varmint rifle. In Blackout or Grendel, it'll put a buck down easily-- and it's still an AR frame.
:meds:

Rambo wanna-be cartridges.

If you're going to hunt deer, get a proper deer rifle.
This is what I use. In a .308.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Exactly.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Roach wrote:Did you leave the price tag on it while using it for all those hunts?

:waz:
It will be easier to return when I'm done with it.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: It will be easier to return when I'm done with it.
Cheapskate
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Mvscal, telling someone what rifle to use for hunting is kissing cousins with <surprise!> the Left telling us what rifle we can use for hunting. It's good for hunting for all those reasons I listed.
Cock o' the walk, baby!