Rams are going back to LA

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Rams are going back to LA

Post by Atomic Punk »

BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Rams are going back to LA

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Suck on that, STL fan!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Love the renderings of the Rams' new greenhouse...errr...stadium.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Good. They should've never left LA to begin with.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

The NFL has made the most logical decision it could possibly make. I'm actually shocked.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Pretty funny to see Dean Spanos get bitch slapped in the process. I have no idea what it was like in St. Louis but Spanos seemed to be waging a scorched earth policy in San Diego for the better part of last year and now he has to come crawling back to San Diego or exercise some pretty crappy options to be second fiddle in Inglewood.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

This really sucks.

I was hoping the Chargers would get first dibs.

Hopefully the Blots and Lambs will share the Coliseum next year and fuck up the playing field for SC.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:Good. Now go back to the white and blue unis.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thank you Alex, Jordan Joe and all the former Rams and Chargers fans for your spot-on comments:

http://deadspin.com/a-special-message-f ... 7-84045305
Alex:

I lived through Sean Salisbury, Craig Whelihan, Moses Moreno, and the Ryan Fucking Leaf eras of the team. I watched them get destroyed by the 49ers in Super Bowl XXIX and the tragedies of the ‘94 team: Seau, Rodney Culver, Chris Mims, and Lew Bush. I endured Marty Ball, Norv Face, and Bobby Beathard’s insane draft picks. Getting rid of Drew Brees, Vincent Jackson, Michael Turner, Darren Sproles, LT, Rodney Harrison, and soon to be Eric Weddle in the prime of their careers. That shit stain team doctor!! Fuck you Dean Spanos, I can’t believe you have me missing the days of Craig Whelihan.
Jordan:

Dean Spanos is a cowardly, spineless, incompetent, lying sack of shit. He inherited the team from his dad, then proceeded to run an incompetent, aimless organization for 2 decades. The small window for a championship in that time was closed when he decided to fire a 14-2 coach. He also hired his son John to run all football operations to keep the family tradition of nepotism alive. John couldn’t get hired to edit game film for Bowling Green, but here he is hiring and watching over our shitty GM, and Dean’s other son runs non-football operations.

Dean is too much of a coward to be seen in public or do a real interview. The only interview he did was on Chargers website with a paid team lackey tossing up softballs. He hides behind his scumbag, urinal cake of a lawyer, Mark Fabiani, who also did damage control for Lance Armstrong and the Clintons. Spanos claims to have been trying to get a stadium done in San Diego for 15 years, but has not made one financing proposal. Meanwhile, San Diego proposed a deal offering $350 million in public money without raising taxes and only requiring simple majority vote. Spanos and Fabiani wouldn’t even talk to the city about it and fuckboy Roger says it’s not a workable solution.

Spanos is such an incompetent dumbshit that he couldn’t even get leaving town right. He is left with the option of being Kroenke’s lowly tenant, or the slight chance of coming back to the negotiating table in San Diego. The sad part is I would gladly take them back, even if it meant the city getting bent over to provide some more corporate welfare for those crooks. I am dumb. Fuck the NFL. We loyally supported a mostly shitty product for 54 years and now San Diego is being crapped on. Even when the owner was trying his best to alienate us, Chargers still finished middle of the pack in attendance and TV ratings.

Spanos says 25% of their fan base is in LA market. Bullshit. That cesspool does not give 2 shits about the Chargers. Fuck LA. If they move, I hope no one shows up, they suck, and fail miserably. And any San Diegan still supporting that team in LA can go fuck themselves.

Congratulations, Dean. The city you spent your adult life and raised your children in hates your fucking guts more than they have ever hated anyone. You are never welcome back. I hope you have a miserable life, asshole.
Joe:

Stan Kroenke is a duplicitous piece of shit. Fuck him. His ownership is a taint, not just in the sense of a stain on the NFL, but literally a taint, the area between the anus and testicles.

Fuck Stan and his toupee.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I don't know which are the worse inheritors of an NFL franchise... Spanos or Marc Davis. Both are embarrassments. I don't know anything about many of the other NFL teams ownership, but one would think they would have the passion to make their franchises successful and at least hire people that could help them do so.

The Raiders never gave a plan to the NFL for relocation and they should have agreed to at least rent Levi Stadium for 2 years while getting the O.com blown up to build a new stadium in the same spot or in the local area. Buying a plot of land near San Antonio sends a bad signal to Raider fans. It would probably get a lot of money from new fans to build and get the Austin and San Antonio crowd. They wouldn't be the Raiders of legend if they left for Texas.

Spanos, on the other hand, pissed off what few Chargers fans remain as he had to tuck tail and not get anything in return. Pasadena doesn't want them at the Rose Bowl. The stadium across the street from the USC campus is in the middle of an area where tickets are sold by scalpers. It's a horrible area for families to go to games unless you know the area well enough to not get crimes committed against them. I used to go to Raider games when I was at USC. The entertainment was watching the fights up in the stands. That's not good for business either.

Now you have Kroenke moving the LA Rams back home to a locale where the young people don't remember they played for many years in nearby Anaheim. Can you imagine the ticket prices to an indifferent LA crowd when the Rams come home? I'm pretty sure most don't remember #18 Roman Gabriel, or the movie with Warren Beatty "Heaven Can Wait." I will be interested to see if LA supports the Rams coming back home to another surrounding shithole community where it's even closer for the gang bangers to scalp tickets. The traffic sucks worse than when I went to school there in the area. Also the I-405 is a parking lot just like the Bay Area. Nobody wants to drive to a depressed area with bad traffic. The one positive is it's next to LAX to move people in and out.

I hope the team I don't give a crap about does well, but am more glad the STL lost another NFL team. That should tell the LA market what they are in for with the same owner.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Best. AP take. Ever.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Yes sir, I agree as well. Lifelong Ram fan and damn glad to see this move, even though the owner is a tool. Curious to know if Smackie returns to the fold. How about it Smack?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mvsshitstain endorsed Spanos firing Marty at 14-2.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

Fuck them losers.
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Mvsshitstain endorsed Spanos firing Marty at 14-2.
Shittinbagger fired himself, idiot.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So, are LA fans gonna put the STL SB trophy on in their empty trophy case? Just doesn't seem right to.

Will the STL ever see another team? They are one of the best baseball cities. Of course, I guess that is kinda easy when you have a perennial contender. Maybe they can work a deal with the raiduhs. that would be kinda funny.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:So, are LA fans gonna put the STL SB trophy on in their empty trophy case? Just doesn't seem right to.
You think the 1984 trophy is in Oakland?

What about the '71 trophy? Prolly not even welcome in Baltimore.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:They are one of the best baseball cities.
Complete bullshit.

https://twitter.com/bestfansstlouis?lang=en
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
smackaholic wrote:They are one of the best baseball cities.
Complete bullshit.

https://twitter.com/bestfansstlouis?lang=en
I realize it is a vague term and impossible to quantify, but what does that site have to do with it?

What makes them a bad baseball city?

They have been there since the beginning of time, so they have a well established fan base. The fact that they are quite possibly the best run franchise in MLB over the last few decades certainly does make it easier to be a loyal fan and I guess makes "good baseball city" a tougher claim, as a "good baseball city" is one where the fans turn out when they suck. Kinda hard to do that when you don't suck often.

So, what, would you consider a "good baseball city"?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Their fans are pieces of shit.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Their fans are pieces of shit.
Hi!

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fuck St Loser and fuck Tardinal fans.

Jason Heyward blitzed with N-word taunts from Cardinals fans in return to St. Louis
Jason Heyward’s return to St. Louis was marred with racial slurs.

In addition to booing, ESPN crowd mics picked up multiple Cardinals fans allegedly yelling the N-word at the new Chicago Cubs right fielder, who played last season for the Redbirds.

Heyward — who signed an eight-year, $184 million contract in the offseason — spent just one year with St. Louis.

Sadly, fans who who felt slighted by his so-called betrayal, felt booing wasn't enough to get their point across.

After the game, Heyward, who was unaware the racial slurs were hurled at him, said he was fine with being booed.

“If somebody boos me here, that means they were not happy to see me leave,” he told ESPN.

“I'm kind of glad that people weren't happy to see me leave. The fans should enjoy it, and we're going to enjoy it.”

Heyward signed with the Cubs in December, citing the impressive young core of players in Chicago.

But the self-proclaimed Best Fans in Baseball clearly didn’t accept that as a reason to leave St. Louis or show any class upon his return.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... ailyNewsTw
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Not gonna happen.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

I thought I read somewhere the NFL was willing to flip about half the bill for a new stadium there?
Go Bucs, Gators