Why was the NCAA Championship game on TBS?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Why was the NCAA Championship game on TBS?

Post by Goober McTuber »

I think what happened was that CBS paid billions for the rights to the entire tournament, then sold off parts of it to Turner Sports. Hard to believe but I think it was all about the money.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Hard to believe but I think it was all about the money.
Congrats on finally removing your head from your ass.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

You're not good at recognizing sarcasm at all, are you?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

20 bucks for a Sling subscription and I saw it all. And I'm still paying way less than I did for Directv.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I think it may have something to do with the fact that most of us admittedly very casual sports fans woke up this morning and said, oh, yeah, that's right, the NCAA finals was last night. I would have watched it, but I was busy watching a fukking horrible 1950s movie about a baseball team with a good luck cat. And no, I didn't make that up. Google "Rhubarb" the movie.

College hoops is slowly but surely dying. Nobody worth a fuk stays past their sophmore year anymore. Hell, in Ct, I am sure more people will watch the chicks tonight put a 30 pt or worse asswhupping on the 'cuse skanks. In the elite 8 game they won by 51. And they were playing the end of the bench the entire 4th quarter. They could have easily won that game by 70 points.

These last few years, everyone literally is playing for second place. This years class will have 4 rings. It is a done deal. YAFJ couldn't even get this one wrong. I think this years seniors have had 3 losses total. 2 of them to Stanford. Last week ESPN radio actually spent some time on the subject because someone wrote an article about how Geno Auriemma is ruining women's hoops by utterly dominating it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Speaking of sarcasm, I wonder who won the Rome board bracket this year? Why would anyone pick Villanova to win it all? Is Rollie Massimino still their coach?
Have a good day.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Since we're talking girls hoops, I guess it should be udder domination.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Wolfman wrote:Speaking of sarcasm, I wonder who won the Rome board bracket this year? Why would anyone pick Villanova to win it all? Is Rollie Massimino still their coach?
Have a good day.
Pretty sure Rollie is dead. That little whop was quite a character.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:Speaking of sarcasm, I wonder who won the Rome board bracket this year? Why would anyone pick Villanova to win it all? Is Rollie Massimino still their coach?
Have a good day.
Well played Dumpater Artist.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Clap for The Wolfman. 8)
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Carson wrote:You're not good at recognizing sarcasm at all, are you?
Screwball is a weapons grade dumbass. And seemingly quite proud of it.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Carson wrote:Clap for The Wolfman. 8)

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

smackaholic wrote:
College hoops is slowly but surely dying. Nobody worth a fuk stays past their sophmore year anymore. Hell, in Ct, I am sure more people will watch the chicks tonight put a 30 pt or worse asswhupping on the 'cuse skanks. In the elite 8 game they won by 51. And they were playing the end of the bench the entire 4th quarter. They could have easily won that game by 70 points.
Let's not lump the men's game in with the women's game here. The men's game is just fine. Nova didn't have a bunch of one and dones and look what it got them. The last 5 seconds of last nights game can go up against any game and hold its own.

Can't speak to the women's game as I haven't seen a game in decades and don't follow it at all.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Only a complete fucking moron would skip watching the game, and then post about how bad it must have been. Best final in years.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:Only a complete fucking moron would skip watching the game, and then post about how bad it must have been. Best final in years.
I never commented on the particular game. My comment was on the sport in general. CBS had the game and decided to sell it off to a basic cable station that nobody watches most of the time. This does say something about the sport.

Was CBS's decision a last moment one? Did they pawn it off because 'Nova was in the game? Would they have kept it if it was UNC/Kentucky?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:I think it may have something to do with the fact that most of us admittedly very casual sports fans woke up this morning and said, oh, yeah, that's right, the NCAA finals was last night. I would have watched it, but I was busy watching a fukking horrible 1950s movie about a baseball team with a good luck cat. And no, I didn't make that up. Google "Rhubarb" the movie.

These last few years, everyone literally is playing for second place. This years class will have 4 rings. It is a done deal. YAFJ couldn't even get this one wrong. I think this years seniors have had 3 losses total. 2 of them to Stanford. Last week ESPN radio actually spent some time on the subject because someone wrote an article about how Geno Auriemma is ruining women's hoops by utterly dominating it.
How on earth does "college hoops is dying" have anything to do with the non-competitiveness of modern women's college bball? Apples and oranges.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Was CBS's decision a last moment one? Did they pawn it off because 'Nova was in the game? Would they have kept it if it was UNC/Kentucky?
I don't think it was anything close to a last minute decision. My Roku player was advertising the game on tbs all last week. This is the direction of sports programming. Nobody rides for free. Think of yourself like the poor shlub of a restaurant owner in Goodfellas and the major networks are Paulie.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Was CBS's decision a last moment one? Did they pawn it off because 'Nova was in the game? Would they have kept it if it was UNC/Kentucky?
I don't think it was anything close to a last minute decision. My Roku player was advertising the game on tbs all last week. This is the direction of sports programming. Nobody rides for free. Think of yourself like the poor shlub of a restaurant owner in Goodfellas and the major networks are Paulie.

He should think of himself as the guy in his avatar. A complete retard. It was slated for TBS a long time ago.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I think it may have something to do with the fact that most of us admittedly very casual sports fans woke up this morning and said, oh, yeah, that's right, the NCAA finals was last night. I would have watched it, but I was busy watching a fukking horrible 1950s movie about a baseball team with a good luck cat. And no, I didn't make that up. Google "Rhubarb" the movie.

How on earth does "college hoops is dying" have anything to do with the non-competitiveness of modern women's college bball? Apples and oranges.
It has nothing to do with it. I was just shamelessly working in a plug for my home state's udder domination of a "sport" that is unprecedented in college athletic history. Their domination is more complete than Wooden's UCLA teams of the 60-70s. Even us husky fans think it's a little ridiculous. It was way more interesting when they had to contend with Tennessee every year.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Just looked it up. This years class has lost 5 games in their career. 4 of them as freshman. That is just ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016 ... s_not.html
Thanks to a 2010 deal between CBS and Turner, you'll be watching the NCAA Tournament's Final Four national championship game Monday, April 4, on cable TV.

The game will be televised by TBS, not CBS, as in past years.

CBS and Turner agreed to a 14-year, $10.8 billion contract to jointly televise the NCAA Tournament across four channels, starting in 2011.

Part of the deal was that starting this year, the title game would alternate between CBS and TBS.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote:Not a fan of either team, but that may well have been one of the best games I've ever seen. The last few minutes were just killer...
That double pump three goes down as one of the greatest shot in history if 'nova doesn't run down the court and give them one back.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The last shot was a text book three. Nice job by the white kid of passing up a bad shot and helping to screen his teammate for an open look three.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yesterday, I was thinking, I should bait one of you CNY fukks into a homer bet and give you 30 points. Wolfie or B prolly would have taken that action.

The Huskies won by 31.

Rack them and their 4 straight titles and yes, I know, it's girls playing slomo ground level hoops, WGARA?