Gridlock in DC

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Re: Gridlock in DC

Post by H4ever »

Prior to a storm, you do a heavy dump of a rock salt/sand blend at intersections. Then you increase travel speed on roadways to lightly disperse said blend. Depending on storm intensity and snowfall amounts and the wind speed driving the stuff... run the plows accordingly. All fucking day or night if you have to. But... only on snow routes and major transportation arteries.

4-high or all-wheel drive gets you through the other areas with a little experience and caution. Black ice? Big fuggin' deal. Can't believe how 1 inch of snow or some freezing rain shuts entire states the fuck down. Pussies.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Call me a weather pussy, but I am not a dumbass living in an area that this is a concern. Sure there is alot of stupid man made political shit to negotiate, but fuck all if I am going to deal with snow, ice and other bitch slaps mother nature wants to pile on. If the temps drop below 64 I put on a sweater or fleece hoodie. If we get rain, I reduce my driving speed for what is appropriate.
:hfal:
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Raining this morning... :x
Go Bucs, Gators
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

10 degrees in Rochester this AM. Trucks were out. Here's the results.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Looks more like the result of a red light.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

All the roads were like this. I just generally don't take pictures while driving, but while stopped and noticing the temp on my dash and the clean roads, yes. Seriously, we get this kind of 2-3 inch snow like all the fucking time. It isn't rocket science.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I see your speedometer only goes to 140. My Hyundai Sonata 4 banger says 160. I can't imagine trying to get it up to anywhere near that speed. I guess they put them that way so normal highway speed is straight up.
BTW--this is CNY snow:

"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I miss the CNY snow
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:I see your speedometer only goes to 140. My Hyundai Sonata 4 banger says 160. I can't imagine trying to get it up to anywhere near that speed. I guess they put them that way so normal highway speed is straight up.
Not a bad idea. I drive a 2008 Honda Pilot that I got from a little old lady in Pasadena. It hasn't seen the other side of 80 and won't unless I'm out west with it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

atmdad wrote:Call me a weather pussy, but I am not a dumbass living in an area that this is a concern. Sure there is alot of stupid...
Why has nobody gone yard on this yet? Are we so old, bored and feeble that we allow this to pass unhindered? I saw this early this morning and was quite sure some dickhead would grab the low hanging fruit and run with it.

Ponderously disappointing that it's left to me to pick up candy wrappers in the stairwell.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

War Wagon wrote:
atmdad wrote:Call me a weather pussy, but I am not a dumbass living in an area that this is a concern. Sure there is alot of stupid...
Why has nobody gone yard on this yet? Are we so old, bored and feeble that we allow this to pass unhindered? I saw this early this morning and was quite sure some dickhead would grab the low hanging fruit and run with it.

Ponderously disappointing that it's left to me to pick up candy wrappers in the stairwell.

So where's your epoc comeback?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Mikey wrote:
War Wagon wrote:

So where's your epoc comeback?
He will get to it when he's done picking up the candy wrappers in the stairwell. Things like that take a lot of thought, planning, time and the mental capacity to accomplish those things in his flyover region.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

War Wagon wrote:

I await your scathing smack down. Make sure you work in how manly you are in your white knuckle adventures on ice covered road and or traumas when the AC shuts down in the middle of summer. Sorry but when it is below 60 it is cold and above 80 it is hot so I choose to live where it generally does not stray outside of that range.
:hfal:
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

But living in a bland enviroment like that, you get soft and uninteresting. More nuerotic probaby. What's more likely is when someone burns a casserole or leaves the top off the toothpaste, you'll flip out, pull a gun and murder your family. It's horrible, dreaded sameness. I've noticed even mv has become a bit more restrained after leaving for a more adverse environment. A bit of hardship makes for a healthier person, personal observation mind.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

H4ever wrote: Black ice? Big fuggin' deal.
I enjoy driving on snow, but fukk that balck ice bullshit. Unless you have 4 studded tires and some driving skills, it will buttfukk you right in the mouf. That shit will pucker a sphincter like nothing else. My last experience with it a few years ago went reasonably well, thank to the fact that there was nice smooth lawns along side the road. I tapped the brakes, realized that I was fuct and fortunately had the presence of mind to very carefully drift to the right and put 2 tires on grass. Prolly pissed a few homeowners off as they wondered why some asshole was driving across their yards, but, it beat ending up on my roof like some poor fukk in a saab did about a half mile further down the road.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dr_Phibes wrote:But living in a bland enviroment like that, you get soft and uninteresting. More nuerotic probaby. What's more likely is when someone burns a casserole or leaves the top off the toothpaste, you'll flip out, pull a gun and murder your family. It's horrible, dreaded sameness. I've noticed even mv has become a bit more restrained after leaving for a more adverse environment. A bit of hardship makes for a healthier person, personal observation mind.
He may be "comfortable" but he'll never appreciate nice weather. I couldn't live anywhere without a proper four seasons. Just doesn't seem right.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

A guy in Silver Spring this AM set his car on fire because he got stuck in snow and gunned the engine for way too long.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Chicken shit.

Where's that Moscow PET you promised?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carson wrote:Chicken shit.

Where's that Moscow PET you promised?
Dammit, this would have been a good weekend to post it. Unfortunately I'm not at home right now.

I'll post soon.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Best thing to do with that car fire is just kick back and watch it burn itself out. Less of a mess afterwards.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

What the hell is the mom in that car fire video so worried about? Your grocery grabber is 100 feet away from the flaming vehicle. Why freak out?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.