Best Food by State

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Best Food by State

Post by Wolfman »

I call bullshit. Mentions Florida, but not grouper or stone crabs?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote: 8. Tennessee... or the square delights that are Krystal burgers, but those seven words said it all.
Yeah, this writer knows jack shit.

Krystal is much like if you were to take two-day old White Castle sliders (which suck in their own right), and wiped your ass with them after a really bad Taco Tuesday, then used them to wipe the oil stains off your driveway.

Plenty of great food in Tennessee, but Krystal certainly isn't included.

Just like there's plenty of great food in Texas, but Whataburger seems to be made from rotting armadillo roadkill.

On the subject -- the lobster thing in Maine is no joke. Ate at a place in Waterville that had... and I'm not making this up... lobster ice cream. I took a pass on that. They have lobster rolls at freaking McDonalds(or so the sign said, since I didn't go there. It was next door to the hotel).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

A few things.

New Hampshire-Discount Liquor The I-95 rest stop in a huge liquor store. Same on I-93.

Ct does have New Haven pizza and countless really good Italian places.

TN- They mention Krystal when talking about burgers? They do have an excellent local small burger chain, but it ain't Krystal. It is Fat Mo's.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

This must be a joke.
Go Bucs, Gators
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Dinsdale wrote: 8. Tennessee... or the square delights that are Krystal burgers, but those seven words said it all.

Yeah, this writer knows jack shit.

Krystal is much like if you were to take two-day old White Castle sliders (which suck in their own right), and wiped your ass with them after a really bad Taco Tuesday, then used them to wipe the oil stains off your driveway.

Plenty of great food in Tennessee, but Krystal certainly isn't included.
Good call Dins
What were we just talking about?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Even in Cali, for every one person who appreciates a quality establishment, there are dozen assholes who think Applebee's is food.

Outside of the metro areas it's no different than anywhere else. Some good places. Lots of chains.

I'm over it. Eat what you like
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote: 39. Idaho
Have you ever bitten into a potato fresh out of the ground? Us neither, but it’s probably better or something?
bullshit, finger steaks were invented here and they're the best thing most of you have never had.....surprisingly enough, the best finger steaks in Idaho can be gotten at the store on the Fort Hall Indian reservation.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

KC Scott wrote:34. Arizona
Allegedly inventing the chimichanga and deciding to deep-fry a burrito definitely counts for something. Phoenix has AT LEAST one solid restaurant amidst all the chains (Pizzeria Bianco!). If you happen to be a minority, drop Arizona 13 spots.

Yeah, I'm throwing out a challenge flag here. While Arizona isn't a New York or Cali when it comes to the foodie scene, and Pizzeria Bianco is THAT good, there are plenty of 5 star restaurants here that merit a much higher ranking. Beckett's Table, Postino, Citizen Public House, Quiessence at The Farm, Nobuo at Teeter House, etc. It's a long list and this reviewer is dead wrong.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:These fart-fuckers would probably think that a meal that slid through their fathers' cocks and out their assholes would be excellent.
Come on Willie, Thrillist is a leading men's digital lifestyle brand, providing all that's new, unknown or under-appreciated in food, drink, entertainment, nightlife, gadgets, and gear. Just because they suck all the usual dicks shouldn't detract for their totally not gay mission statement.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
KC Scott wrote:34. Arizona
Allegedly inventing the chimichanga and deciding to deep-fry a burrito definitely counts for something. Phoenix has AT LEAST one solid restaurant amidst all the chains (Pizzeria Bianco!). If you happen to be a minority, drop Arizona 13 spots.

Yeah, I'm throwing out a challenge flag here. While Arizona isn't a New York or Cali when it comes to the foodie scene, and Pizzeria Bianco is THAT good, there are plenty of 5 star restaurants here that merit a much higher ranking. Beckett's Table, Postino, Citizen Public House, Quiessence at The Farm, Nobuo at Teeter House, etc. It's a long list and this reviewer is dead wrong.
The guy who wrote this is obviously a fan of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives as he seems to limit his intake to burgers, hot dogs, pizza and local ethnic foods. That's all fine and good but he wouldn't know "fine dining" if it bit him in the ass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

There's bad food everywhere, there's good food everywhere and there's really outstanding food everywhere. You look and listen and it's not that hard to figure out.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

Goober McTuber wrote:. . . there's good food everywhere and there's really outstanding food everywhere. You look and listen and it's not that hard to figure out.
Yeah I suppose even AP finds a warm french fry in the bottom of a dumpster or not-too-salty cum load once in a while. I hope he appreciates the moments.
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Papa Willie wrote: Face it. It's why we're fatter.
The caloric intake needed to maintain the average southern waistline doesn't allow time for such luxuries as actually tasting the food or even chewing. I'm not going to doubt you fat fucks make good grub, but you're too busy shoveling it down your inbred gullets to enjoy it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Papa Willie wrote:I've known people from NY and Cali that have moved to these parts and swear that the food down here is better than where they came from.

Face it. It's why we're fatter.
That last part might be part of the reason why. There's probably less worry about using unhealthy ingredients. The other half might be the freshness of the food (food I had in the midwest was pretty darn good, especially the veggies).
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:I've known people from NY and Cali that have moved to these parts and swear that the food down here is better than where they came from.

That last part might be part of the reason why. There's probably less worry about using unhealthy ingredients. The other half might be the freshness of the food (food I had in the midwest was pretty darn good, especially the veggies).
Yeah, because it's really hard to find fresh produce in California.
:meds:
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Mikey wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:

Yeah, because it's really hard to find fresh produce in California.
:meds:
Yeah, like all those corn fields one sees driving down I-5.:meds:
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PSSST!!!!! Hey Diego...

those cornfields you see in the Midwest aren't growing it for human consumption (as unprocessed corn, anyway).
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:PSSST!!!!! Hey Diego...

those cornfields you see in the Midwest aren't growing it for human consumption (as unprocessed corn, anyway).
I suspect 99% is grown for agrabusiness, but if 1% is decent edible corn, it's still a shitload. I suspect that it is not very hard to find a good tasting ear of butter/sugar corn there in august.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Are you really that stupid?

First, you might want to look up the difference between sweet corn and field corn.
Then, you might find out that California produces more sweet corn for fresh consumption than any state except possibly Florida.
After that, you might get really ambitious and find that there's a lot more to fresh produce than corn, and that California produces about 50% of the annual US crop.

http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/usda/cu ... 9-2015.pdf

Or, you could just continue being stupid.
Last edited by Mikey on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:PSSST!!!!! Hey Diego...

You mean processed by animals eating it, right?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:

First, you might want to look up the difference between sweet corn and field corn.
Then, you might find out that California produces more sweet corn for fresh consumption than any state except possibly Florida.
After that, you might get really ambitious and find that there's a lot more to fresh produce than corn, and that California produces about 50% of the annual US crop.

Stopping at produce stands in the central valley was one of the highlights of my last cali road trip. Why anyone in that area would rather eat processed garbage is a mystery to me.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:

Stopping at produce stands in the central valley was one of the highlights of my last cali road trip. Why anyone in that area would rather eat processed garbage is a mystery to me.
Definitely some good stuff.

San Diego County has more small farms than any county in the country and something like 60 Certified Farmer's Markets (vendors have to be the same as the growers).

Something like 90% of broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, and most other field vegetables in the US are grown in the Salinas Valley.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I remember driving north on I-5 and seeing various crops on both sides as far as you could see. The funny one was the tomatoes. They were trucking them in uncovered trailers to the processing place. Where there was a bridge over a road and a small bump, some of the tomatoes would go flying off onto the road. Squirrels would go onto the highway to feed. Much road kill resulting.
Best money making land was in the southern area where there were oil wells amid the farmland.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Papa Willie wrote:These fart-fuckers would probably think that a meal that slid through their fathers' cocks and out their assholes would be excellent.
No doubt. That explains Georgia's top 20 finish.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Imus wrote:
Yeah I suppose even AP finds a warm french fry in the bottom of a dumpster or not-too-salty cum load once in a while. I hope he appreciates the moments.
Hello Imus.

Just an observation here. You really do seem to be obsessed with AP. In fact, each and every one of your silly posts is centered around him and somewhat homo-erotically charged. Might just want to ease back a step or to dude, you're only succeeding in proving his rants about you are correct. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing here, just observing.

Loved your book "Gods Other Son" by the way. Oh shit, I mean I loved the Don Imus book. You're just a fraud.

Carry on my wayward scum.
There''s no peace when you are done.
Lay your dreary head to rest,
don't you troll no more.

By the way, that av of yours is pretty damn creepy.

Take care Imus and best of luck with your AP stalking tendencies.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Why anyone in that area would rather eat processed garbage is a mystery to me.
We don't, Our Farmers Markets are probably the best in the world, right out of the fields and inexpensive.
Should be plenty of Ag water this year so it should be a bit better for all of you as well.

Diego...go about 15 miles east of I-5 and you will find thousands of acres of corn. Some amazing sweet corn and a LOT of field corn grown for the dairy industry alone, most dairies have their own fields.
The best sweet sweet corn I have ever had is grown by Fresno State's Ag Dept near the city of Tranquility,