Post by Bucmonkey »

Richt to Miami now?
Go Bucs, Gators
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Richt - cooked

Post by Mikey »

Steamed or fried?

A lot of vacancies out there, a lot of them pretty high profile. It would be a nice time to be an up and coming football coach - very much a seller's market. Guess I'm in the wrong business.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Georgia just did Auburn a huge favor.

He owned us.
Delaware Dave
Jake

Post by Delaware Dave »

I've got to say, I was wrong. Seems that Georgia's fan base Out-Stupideded LSU's fan base
War Wagon wrote:Just what we need, another Dave around here.

Welcome, I guess.
Delaware Dave
Jake

Post by Delaware Dave »

Papa Willie wrote:
Delaware Dave wrote:I've got to say, I was wrong. Seems that Georgia's fan base Out-Stupideded LSU's fan base
They are probably the dumbest fucking fan base in America. Seriously. I have fuckloads of UGA fans as friends, but so many of them are completely delusional when it comes to logic and football. They're convinced UGA is #1 every year starting off. Me and a lot of my non-UGA fan friends call their fan base the "Excuse Factory" when they lose. It is beyond comical.

And yup - I think Miami will take Richt...
Well, LSU was COMPLETELY prepared to let Miles go. Most of the stupid fucking fan base is still pissed that Les Miles is not Nick Saban, hell no one is really except Myers. Miles can't win most big games, but then again, most can't. The boosters and AD saw that no one on their wish list wanted the job, especially seeing how shitty they treated Miles that they decided to stay where they are. This showed them that they would then have to settle on a new head coach so they decided to backtrack. It's pathetic, I wish Miles would have just said, you know what, F-you, I quit. I know that's completely unrealistic, but it would have been epic.
War Wagon wrote:Just what we need, another Dave around here.

Welcome, I guess.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Wow, another big seat open in the carousel. Richt won't unemployed for long.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Very happy that the best coach in LSU history is still coaching in Baton Rouge.
Jimbo Fisher turned them down.

Miles shoulda told LSU to go to hell.
I heard the same thing about Fisher. I think that some LSU folks thought that if they asked, Fisher would come running. He didn't and they were shocked and did an about face.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Delaware Dave wrote: I wish Miles would have just said, you know what, F-you, I quit.
Not nearly as much as me.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... pping-down

I don't think they'll be able to snag Kirby, do you Sam?
They did.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I'm shocked that nobody wants to coach Vanderbilt II.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

KC Scott wrote:Meanwhile in Missouri...... we can't even get a current head coach to take over this tire fire

So we give a 5 yr to the Def coordinator ...... Image

not a mind blowing hire but Pinkel's success probably earned an in-house hire.....not always a great move, but that's what people do to keep recruiting classes, make the seniors happy when there has been program stability and considerably more success under the retiring guy regime than in many years/decades previous at the program (larry smith, woody woodenwhateverhofer, etc).

safe PR move for an AD with Missouri hoops being pretty down...can't fight two fires at once....donors can't really get too sandy vag without casting shadows on Pinkel.

i wouldn't have been all that interested in Sonny Dykes, personally.

Richt was all right by me but no doubt UGA was pretty overrated year in year out....or simply weren't at the level of the SEC's best in this decade of excellent champs.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"