Textbook why you kick the extra point...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Textbook why you kick the extra point...

Post by Left Seater »

TCU went for two early in the game and didn't get it.

They score a TD late. Had they kicked the extra point earlier they could have kicked the extra point for the win.

Way to cost your team coach.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Textbook why you kick the extra point...

Post by King Crimson »

Left Seater wrote:TCU went for two early in the game and didn't get it.

They score a TD late. Had they kicked the extra point earlier they could have kicked the extra point for the win.

Way to cost your team coach.
i don't agree. he had a chance to go for two and the win in a game he has no chance winning. he's playing his 3rd string qb who was his second string qb....now is back as his whatever string.

now, he's only in this game because his guy put an illegal hat to hat hit on Mayfield.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

You missed my point.

TCU scored in the first few minutes of the second half. Instead of kicking the extra point with almost all of the second half remaining he went for two. They didn't get it and were down 23-13 instead of 23-14.

This became huge at the end when they scored their last TD. Had he kicked the earlier PAT he would have been tied after scoring the TD and the extra point would have won the game.

Piss poor decision early in the third by Patterson cost his team a win.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Left Seater wrote:You missed my point.

TCU scored in the first few minutes of the second half. Instead of kicking the extra point with almost all of the second half remaining he went for two. They didn't get it and were down 23-13 instead of 23-14.

This became huge at the end when they scored their last TD. Had he kicked the earlier PAT he would have been tied after scoring the TD and the extra point would have won the game.

Piss poor decision early in the third by Patterson cost his team a win.

i didn't miss your point. i do think it's pretty strong, incorrect, to suggest "cost his team a win".
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Ok, to each their own.

But for his decision with 12:13 left in the third quarter they win.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

generally, i agree with you about kicking the PAT. you make the other team do the gymnastics and take your points where they are.

however, i don't see something that happened in the 3rd quarter when TCU has a multi-score deficit the coach is trying to wrangle a bit (thinking about how to gain a possession on the scoreboard)....as the absolute turning point in a game that takes a pretty unexpected turn when OU's very good qb is forced out of the game because of a very bad personal foul.

i bet if you asked Gary Patterson or any other HC in BTPCF in the 3rd quarter, at the moment you suggest, he'd get to a call a 2 point conversion for the W, he'd take it without a flinch.

though, his comment about playing for more OT would hurt them against Baylor was kinda weird.
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

on a side note.

Trevor Knight...WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HIM. OUMO and I were talking during the game...the guy has NO touch on his passes...it's just bullet after bullet to his receivers.

He looked like straight hammered dog shit.

He should have quit college football and called Katy Perry when she asked.

WHAT A MORON!

Baker Mayfield showed how important he is to this OU team and their success. Without him starting this week against Okie Light I'd of taken DEM BOYZ all day long.
With Mayfield? We should 10 point favs.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

I am in the ilk of never take points off the board, this is what I do believe is called old school now.

Knight is not Mayfield, just does not have the intangibles.

Other mishaps that had nothing to do with Knight though, some special teams mistakes.

But yeah Knight should have banged Katty Perry, OU does have a good med school for the aftermath.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.