JoePa restored as winningest coach....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Re: JoePa restored as winningest coach....

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Goobineatious wrote: DNA test showed I have African blood, about 7 generations straight. Might explain the size of my heart.
Fixed. We know how hard it is for you intercity youths to read and all.

sin,
White folks

P.S.- Watch out for the short white dude, running around mumbling about black cack...unless you're into that sort of thing.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:So do you work to change the rules now since you disagree with them?
Not my chair . . . I'm just bitching on a message board. I don't have a bank account large enough to influence those sort of decisions.

I do think a little bit of rebellion in such a system is healthy and justified.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

So - in the past couple of year I've really backed away from the fray. The community is really divided in a number of ways. I spend good hours and/or weeks of my life thinking too much about all of that stuff, and ended up just trying to enjoy the games as much as I could.

Franklin has this thing moving in a really great direction. Recruiting is going really well, and we have a great staff that will probably bring this program back into the top ten for a while.

I haven't cared about win totals in about 15 years, when it was actually an entertaining topic of discussion for a while. If Paterno was the great man that his fervent supporters make him out to be, win totals wouldn't have mattered to him...and I think he said as much. At this point I don't care at all what Paterno's legacy is, I am a Penn State fan first, which primarily is rooted in my participation in the community as a whole, and where football is concerned, it's all about the team and what the players can achieve that I find interesting.

Honestly I'm sickened by the element of the PSU fan base that cares only about the wins and legacy of JVP. I still feel closely connected to the PSU community, which is far more than what happened with the Sandusky debacle and the aftermath.

Equally, I'm sickened by those who refuse to understand the real implications of sexual abuse and see it only in terms of what happened with Sandusky and PSU. We all have a part to play in countering sexual abuse - without exception.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wonderful to see you back, broski.

No one in their right fucking mind connects the horrors that happened in the PSU program with the PSU Community. While it brought short term shame, it showed us the good of people, evidenced by the outpouring and activism of said community.

You're a PSUFan (or so I've gleaned) -- don't tell me that if you, or hundreds of thousands of your bretheren had an inkling of what was going on, you wouldn't have done everything in your power to stop it and hold those responsible accountable. Whether JoPa was privy/complicit or not is moot at this point... you weren't.

While us CFB fans like to get the hate going, deep down we know it's just symbolism for something greater -- if we all didn't relish Saturdays, we wouldn't be able to call the fans of our archrival such clever shit as "stupid fag" and whatnot. And it's that oddly disconnected connection that I think makes everyone want to root for PSU a little bit -- no fanbase has been hurt to the core like Lionfan, and that hurts us all, because we all hurt for the victims. No amount of wouldashouldacoulda can fix things. So just support Coach Franklin, and turn something fucking awful into a positive.

Go PSU, until the healing process really kicks in, and until you start winning. Then, fuck Kerry Collins, Joe Jurevicius, and Kijana Cater, and fuck PSU. Quack Quack, bitches.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Cult of JVP is still alive and well in Happy Valley, see the reaction to Franklin's decision to strip the last names off the jerseys. Here's a note to PSU fans and Cultists: Anytime you're making a decision to harken back to the JVP era, make the OPPOSITE decision.

MSU fans are right: PSU should have been kicked out of the Big 11.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Kick PSU out of the B1G and the ACC scoops them up and the B1G is left with Rutgers and Maryland as their East Coast representatives. Not a fucking chance of that happening.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Screw_Michigan wrote:The Cult of JVP is still alive and well in Happy Valley, see the reaction to Franklin's decision to strip the last names off the jerseys. Here's a note to PSU fans and Cultists: Anytime you're making a decision to harken back to the JVP era, make the OPPOSITE decision.

MSU fans are right: PSU should have been kicked out of the Big 11.
PSU gets the boot because some of their fans are idiots? Good plan. What school gets to stay under that evaluation criteria?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fans? How about years long institutional and system coverup of child abuse? Nice try, numbnuts.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I don't think PSU should have been booted from the B1G. That's mostly hand-wringing nonsense.

This James Franklin cat though...the media has a love affair with him but I just don't see it, at least not yet. Great recruiter but I'm not sold on his coaching ability. Time will tell.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Hey, DP, nice to have a visit. I will rephrase my query in the open - Do you think I will like Tom Bradley running the defense in Westwood?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Hey...Bradley is a great recruiter, a player's coach who inspires loyalty. I think his positives would really begin to emerge over a span of a few years, if he is lucky enough to retain the position that long. He's definitely not going to dramatically improve a defense with a flashy new scheme...he's pretty conservative and he likes to keep the action in front of the safeties.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Fans? How about years long institutional and system coverup of child abuse? Nice try, numbnuts.
Fans did that? Brilliant analysis, you poxy-ridden fellatrix.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I don't think PSU should have been booted from the B1G. That's mostly hand-wringing nonsense.

This James Franklin cat though...the media has a love affair with him but I just don't see it, at least not yet. Great recruiter but I'm not sold on his coaching ability. Time will tell.
Franklin definitely lets his coordinators run the show. If there is one thing I am glad to see receding in the rear view, it is a HC that can't get his nose out of the way of the guys he pays to run the schemes. In particular, Bob Shoop is one of the best defensive coaches in CFB...the defense will be great as long as he stays.

His recruiting success is exactly what the program needs most now. PSU needs depth and talent.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:I'm glad to see Dave is back.
Fresh meat.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

I'd a guessed undies with all the laundramat stuff.
E UNUM PLURIBUS