Organized religion is thankfully headed towards Extiction

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: Organized religion is thankfully headed towards Extictio

Post by poptart »

Smackie Chan wrote:
poptart wrote:This is not what Jesus taught us.
I didn't say it was. I said it's what Christianity teaches. There's a difference.
I understand your point, and it is a very good one.

Man perverts and corrupts everything.

Genesis 2:17 ---> Genesis 3:1-6 ---> Genesis 3:16-19.
Then Cain kills Abel...
Man is FUBAR, pwnd by satan, and it's off to the corruption races...
"Christianity" is corrupt.
Christians are corrupt.

Peter realized and confessed in Matthew 16:13-20 that Jesus is the Christ.
It was a phenomenal realization, and a realization that the fulfillment of all of the Old Testament was right in front of him.

Yet then he turns right around in Genesis 17:1-9 and is dumb enough to imagine that he needs to build a tabernacle for Moses and Elijah as well as for Jesus, Who is the Christ.
I mean, what was he thinking?

Corrupt.
Doing stupid and senseless things.

As I said earlier in this thread (and many times before), Christians are some of the strangest people around.
They present Christianity in strange ways, and they emphasize strange things.

Jesus is the Christ.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

poptart wrote:Man perverts and corrupts everything.
Everything is an absolute, so I wouldn't go that far, but man does have a history, and I have faith that we will continue, to fuck shit up royally. However, mankind, including non-Christians, has also performed some truly marvelous, beneficial, and kind acts without doing so in the name of religion.
Peter realized and confessed in Matthew 16:13-20 that Jesus is the Christ.
It was a phenomenal realization, and a realization that the fulfillment of all of the Old Testament was right in front of him.

Yet then he turns right around in Genesis 17:1-9 and is dumb enough to imagine that he needs to build a tabernacle for Moses and Elijah as well as for Jesus, Who is the Christ.
I mean, what was he thinking?
Say what? Peter isn't mentioned in Genesis, and Jesus wasn't born yet. Genesis 17:1-9 is about God's covenant with Abraham.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

poptart wrote:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
poptart wrote: The Bible...

Which one?
I always quote from the King James Bible.

That piece of work is a heretical abomination and a corruption of His word.

You are either not a true Christian, or are being misled, or you're purposefully misleading people.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Smackie wrote:Say what? Peter isn't mentioned in Genesis, and Jesus wasn't born yet. Genesis 17:1-9 is about God's covenant with Abraham
My keyboard was working faster than my brain.

That was supposed to be Matthew 17:1-9.

It'll make more sense now.
Maybe.

:wink:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jsc810 wrote:
poptart wrote:The Bible, 66 separate Books authored by 40 different people, is not evidence that Jesus is the Christ?

No evidence at all?
You do understand that that is the exact same thing cited by other religions and their books, right?

It is like citing the book Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer for the existence of Santa Claus.

And it is like citing the napkin.

Jsc, you are certainly free to disbelieve what is written in the Books of the Bible, but instead of posting that silly pic so many times, you might try considering the reality that the Bible is not ONE source.

It is 66 separate Books by 40 different authors -- written over the span of many hundreds of years.

You as a lawyer surely know what evidence is.

If there was a trial to determine if Jesus is the Christ, of course the Bible would be brought as evidence of this, because one has to turn their mind off completely to say that what is contained within is not evidence that He is indeed the promised Christ.

You may not consider it enough evidence, but surely evidence exists.

Now none of us have seen Jesus Christ, or have a picture of Him, so yes, we are called to have faith in it.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

poptart wrote:try considering the reality that the Bible is not ONE source.

It is 66 separate Books by 40 different authors -- written over the span of many hundreds of years.
You make it sound like the chances of 40 people being wrong is somehow astronomical. It's actually rather easy to believe, and the fact you cite about what they wrote having been authored over many hundreds of years makes it even easier. The more iterations there are of a story, the greater the number of people who tell it, and the longer the period of time over which it is told increases the likelihood that the story becomes bastardized, corrupted, and incorrect.
You as a lawyer surely know what evidence is.
While I'm no lawyer, I do know what hearsay is, and what you're holding up as some sort of irrefutable or difficult to dismiss evidence is nothing more than rather weak hearsay that would, and should, be given little weight in any sort of court. All it really represents is evidence that people wrote some stuff they claim to be true, with nothing physical or circumstantial to corroborate it.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Smackie wrote:You make it sound like the chances of 40 people being wrong is somehow astronomical.
No, my point is in response to Jsc's take that the Bible is one source.
It is not.

Jsc and mvscal make the claim that there is NO EVIDENCE.

Evidence, broadly construed, is anything presented in support of an assertion. This support may be strong or weak. The strongest type of evidence is that which provides direct proof of the truth of an assertion. At the other extreme is evidence that is merely consistent with an assertion but does not rule out other, contradictory assertions, as in circumstantial evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence

http://thedevineevidence.com/prophecy_jesus.html

Scroll slightly to Messianic Lineage - and then Geography.

You can not seriously be saying that you would pass off Jesus' incredible and unique fulfillment of the prophecied Messianic Lineage as hearsay.

Hey, one may decide they want brush it aside as coincidence (very silly and intellectually dishonest, imo, but to each his own), but you have to acknowledge that this evidence is THERE.

And then of course beyond this fulfillment of Messianic Lineage, there is an abundance of other evidences contained within the Bible -- including the four Gospels.

A person can decide they want to disbelieve the evidence, or think it is not enough, but...
There is no evidence?

lol
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So, lemme see if I got this right.

3500 years or so ago, a buncha jewish dudes said the messiah will come and unfukk everything,some day.

1500 years later, some bastard carpenter says he's that dude. He never marries, hangs out with a buncha dudes and gets runned at the ripe old age of 33. Pretty much nobody at the time takes notice. The state of man continues along pretty much unchanged, meaning people continue to be assholes to one another.

4 or 5 hunnit years down the road, somebody says, hey, remember dude? he was the messiah. after a few hundred more years, his ideas eventually take hold.

All along, the dudes who started the whole messiah thing a few millennia earlier are like, get the fukk outta here, he was just another pretender, so we tacked his ass up on a pole like we do all loud mouth ner do wells.

Yeah, makes perfect sense to me. :lol:
Last edited by smackaholic on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Atomic Punk wrote: I kid you not, that is the funniest thing I've ever read here in a long time. You are talking from your soul and what you've said is funny, but it is sad also. If you are going to die and there are no consequences, then why not rape, steal, murder and be smart enough to get away with it now while you are still living? There is nobody to answer to when you die, so why not get away with everything you can, right?
So you're saying the only thing preventing Christians from going Ted Bundy on the rest of humanity is the thought of answering to a magic man in the sky? Thanks for the heads up. Just another reason to avoid associating with you fucking psychopaths.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

poptart wrote:And then of course beyond this fulfillment of Messianic Lineage, there is an abundance of other evidences contained within the Bible -- including the four Gospels.

A person can decide they want to disbelieve the evidence, or think it is not enough, but...
There is no evidence?

lol
Rock on, bro.

Tom Waits
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote: I kid you not, that is the funniest thing I've ever read here in a long time. You are talking from your soul and what you've said is funny, but it is sad also. If you are going to die and there are no consequences, then why not rape, steal, murder and be smart enough to get away with it now while you are still living? There is nobody to answer to when you die, so why not get away with everything you can, right?
So you're saying the only thing preventing Christians from going Ted Bundy on the rest of humanity is the thought of answering to a magic man in the sky? Thanks for the heads up. Just another reason to avoid associating with you fucking psychopaths.
Actually, what he's saying is that there is a pretty good chance some of us will go ted bundy, but that it'll be all good, so long as you buy into the rest of the story.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:Have you ever researched the Pyramids at Giza?

I don't think we can currently come close to approaching what was done there.
Architectural marvels, no doubt. But I'm talking about man's understanding of our planet's history and the solar system. You're saying we are no more educated today than people were when they believed Earth was flat and at the center of the universe? :lol:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So what if we can fly around the planet in a few hours in silver birds. Those fukkers could stack really fukkin' big rocks on top of one another. And get this.....they could make jews do manual labor. I am fairly sure that is why jews are very pro-union today.

Imagine what they could do if they has messicans.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

trev wrote:Excusez-moi for the faux pas about liquor. Yes, I was aware of the 2 am to 6 am. Big deal.
So you were aware you couldn't buy liquor from 2am to 6am when you said you could buy liquor 24/7?

Sorry KC Scott, but someone in the sky needs to have mercy for this poor soul.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote:Actually, what he's saying is that there is a pretty good chance some of us will go ted bundy, but that it'll be all good, so long as you buy into the rest of the story.
Yeah, I guess it would be pretty comforting to know you could do horrible things your whole life as long as you slurp JC's schlong right before you pass. Meanwhile a genuinely good person who didn't buy the fairy tale will burn in Hell forever. Theoretically.

Nice religion ya got there, dickslaps.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:Really?

You're telling me you've never read the Fourteenth Amendment?

They lay it out pretty clearly.

It it the "born" or "naturalized" part you're struggling with?
The 14th amendment has fuck all to do with anything, dumbfuck. Don't believe me? Kill and dismember an illegal alien then try to sell his parts to cover your expenses and check back in with your results.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yeah, I guess it would be pretty comforting to know you could do horrible things your whole life as long as you slurp JC's schlong right before you pass. Meanwhile a genuinely good person who didn't buy the fairy tale will burn in Hell forever. Theoretically.

Nice religion ya got there, dickslaps.
Exactly.

And you wanna know what's fukked up?

I sort of envy them.

I kinda get the people who have had such a shitty ride through life that this is the only thing keeping them from becoming a shower rod chime. My youngest brother is a prime example. What I have a tough time getting is the people who have lived a relatively fruitful life, signing on. But, hey, whatever gets you through the night, I say. I have actually met a few people who I can honestly say were "good Christians" and walked the walk....but I can count them on one hand.

Everybody else is a fuggen asshole.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

smackaholic wrote:chime

:|
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
mvscal wrote:No, there isn't. That's why they call it faith. If you are quoting the bible to prove the veracity of the bible, you are just sucking your own dick.
The Bible, 66 separate Books authored by 40 different people, is not evidence that Jesus is the Christ?

No evidence at all?

lol
as long as pops is around, this will always be relevant
get out, get out while there's still time
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
smackaholic wrote:chime

:|
Are wind chimes more likely in Heaven or Hell? I could see either scenario.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

R-Jack wrote:
trev wrote:
So you were aware you couldn't buy liquor from 2am to 6am when you said you could buy liquor 24/7?
Yes I was aware. 24/7 was to make a point. 2 to 6, just a technicality. WTH is up at that time?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Papa Willie wrote:Organized religion is horseshit. It's pretty much a business & nothing else.

It's a form of social control. The "business" part is gravy.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote: gravy

...and NO, 'Spray...not that kind of gravy.

Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote:The human ego will not allow itself to comprehend just how completely meaningless it really is in the context of infinity, but to say the least - we're not shit.
Don't sell yourself short spray. Many of us here think you are shit.......lotsa shit.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Smackie Chan wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:If you are going to die and there are no consequences, then why not rape, steal, murder and be smart enough to get away with it now while you are still living? There is nobody to answer to when you die, so why not get away with everything you can, right?
That says a helluva lot about you - that basically, the only thing that prevents you from being more of a dick than you already are is fear of the afterlife's consequences of your earthly misdeeds, and makes you ripe for the pickin' by organized (and even disorganized) religion. To me, that is far sadder than what you claim to be saddened by over Mgo's post.

Believe it or not, there is a significant segment of humanity whose morality is not guided by fear of eternal damnation.
No, what I did is to bring up a ridiculous example of human behavior to point out that there is something instilled in a person to tell them those behaviors are wrong.

I'm coming from the viewpoint that God created man in His image. That means you are created with knowing what is right and wrong. For those of you (most that post on this board) that deny God's existence, have that image in you at birth. The fact that you deny it means you are following your master, Satan... who wants you to falsely believe there is no God.

Satan has :bode: on you fools. :waz: :hfal:
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Atomic Punk wrote:
Smackie Chan wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:If you are going to die and there are no consequences, then why not rape, steal, murder and be smart enough to get away with it now while you are still living? There is nobody to answer to when you die, so why not get away with everything you can, right?
That says a helluva lot about you - that basically, the only thing that prevents you from being more of a dick than you already are is fear of the afterlife's consequences of your earthly misdeeds, and makes you ripe for the pickin' by organized (and even disorganized) religion. To me, that is far sadder than what you claim to be saddened by over Mgo's post.

Believe it or not, there is a significant segment of humanity whose morality is not guided by fear of eternal damnation.
No, what I did is to bring up a ridiculous example of human behavior to point out that there is something instilled in a person to tell them those behaviors are wrong.

I'm coming from the viewpoint that God created man in His image. That means you are created with knowing what is right and wrong. For those of you (most that post on this board) that deny God's existence, have that image in you at birth. The fact that you deny it means you are following your master, Satan... who wants you to falsely believe there is no God.

Atomic Panties celebrates communion multiple times a day with his collection of bottles of Boone's Farm.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Ped0, why do you feel the need to full quote me when there are no responses? Your shit reply is directly under mine. Most people here can read what I just posted and then read your shit post directly underneath. Are you this fucking stupid?

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Atomic Punk wrote:Ped0, why do you feel the need to full quote me when there are no responses? Your shit reply is directly under mine. Most people here can read what I just posted and then read your shit post directly underneath. Are you this fucking stupid?
Awww...Caitlin Punk is mad because he wasn't able to quote me due to the 3 quote limit. How will I ever get over it?

Why don't you shove a bunch of barbiturates in your piehole & wash it down with that bottle of Everclear in the kitchen...
9/27/22
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I see the Ped0phile thinks I'm mad... then he gets angry with a childish response. Makes sense since he identifies with children.

Hey KC Scrote, is something convicting you deep down inside? You remind me of Indyfrisco. Both of you are full of pride and are boastful.

BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

whenever I see indyfrisco's nic all I think about is racist piece of shit ... jmo
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I just think of some douche that married well and got a lotta cool shit and too many TVs.

Guess I need to update the spreadsheet.

Do any of you fukks keep in contact with him?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

KC Scott wrote: Good to know you're a proud, card carrying member of the lunatic fringe
That's what sealed it for you? His most recent posts?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

BarFlie wrote:whenever I see indyfrisco's nic all I think about is racist piece of shit ... jmo
I don't remember anything he wrote. I do remember the dozens of pictures of his showing off his wife's (now ex-wife's) wealth.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jsc wrote:Whatever you claim about the Bible, millions of other people have made the same claims about thousands of other religions.

And the exact same reasoning that you use to dismiss their claims is used to dismiss yours. There is no difference.
If a Mormon wants to claim that Joseph Smith was right, Mormonism is the truth, and he wants to present the Book of Mormon to me as evidence of that, I'll be glad to take a look at his... evidence.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

poptart wrote:
Jsc wrote:Whatever you claim about the Bible, millions of other people have made the same claims about thousands of other religions.

And the exact same reasoning that you use to dismiss their claims is used to dismiss yours. There is no difference.
If a Mormon wants to claim that Joseph Smith was right, Mormonism is the truth, and he wants to present the Book of Mormon to me as evidence of that, I'll be glad to take a look at his... evidence.
And that's exactly how we feel about your whole bible thing.

In a true trial the bible would run up against a buzzsaw known as the exclusionary rule (and would be heavily impeached if by some miracle it still got admitted).
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Atomic Punk wrote:I'm coming from the viewpoint that God created man in His image. That means you are created with knowing what is right and wrong. For those of you (most that post on this board) that deny God's existence, have that image in you at birth. The fact that you deny it means you are following your master, Satan... who wants you to falsely believe there is no God.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

R-Jack wrote:
KC Scott wrote: Good to know you're a proud, card carrying member of the lunatic fringe
That's what sealed it for you? His most recent posts?
Hey buddy... ever get tested for STD's since your ex-horse cheated on you? It must be humiliating to have gone through that bro. I hope you are okay now.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

poptart wrote:If a Mormon wants to claim that Joseph Smith was right, Mormonism is the truth, and he wants to present the Book of Mormon to me as evidence of that, I'll be glad to take a look at his... evidence.
Diego wrote:And that's exactly how we feel about your whole bible thing.
You must not be paying attention at all.

Jsc has said repeatedly that he does not even consider the Bible to be evidence.
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

Atomic Punk wrote:I'm coming from the viewpoint that God created man in His image. That means you are created with knowing what is right and wrong. For those of you (most that post on this board) that deny God's existence, have that image in you at birth. The fact that you deny it means you are following your master, Satan... who wants you to falsely believe there is no God.

Well, well, I had no idea you were a thumper. Well maybe not a thumper but a jesus zombie believer. Wow that really must wrack you with guilt then when you get all fucked up and go tranny and take the dick and stuff.

There is forgiveness, if you but seek. And get off the sauce.
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.