Too funny...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Too funny...

Post by jiminphilly »

Bradford is the Eagles QB and he isn't some type of trade bait for Mariotta. There is plenty to debate on why Kelly likes Bradford,given his injury isuses, but there is no way this move was made to get Marriota.

Kelly didn't like Shady. He danced too much in the backfield, was a bit of a me-guy which Chip doesn't go for and his contract was a problem long-term. Murray has a lot of mileage but with Sproles and Mathews in the backfield, the carries will be grealty reduced. Contract-wise, the long-term cap hit of Murray's contract is less per-year than what Shady's contract was going to be. If the Eagles are effective and dividing up the touches, the mileage on Murray won't be much of an issue.

Salary cap wise, the trades were smart for long-term planning. But he's brought in 3 brittle players at key positions and that's a huge question mark going into the 2015-16 season.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jiminphilly wrote:Bradford is the Eagles QB and he isn't some type of trade bait for Mariotta. There is plenty to debate on why Kelly likes Bradford,given his injury isuses, but there is no way this move was made to get Marriota.
oh is that what you call it.....injury issues? that cat is as brittle as a 40 year old newspaper clipping....he's one good shot from being a perpetual clipboard holder......

Kelly acted stupidly and the Eagles are going to pay the price for it.....opposing teams are going to load the box and force Bradford to beat them which is going to result in Bradford getting hit more and more.....

best of luck, your team is going to need it.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Agreed here, especially as a Ram fan. Bradford has a ton of talent, but his legs are made of glass. As Felix said, one more hit on that knee and he's done. It's too bad he didn't live up to his skills, but this shit happens in the NFL. I am curious and hopeful to see a less fragile Foles with an improving Rams squad.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

You can get rid of Manzell, but unloading that embarassment will only re-highlight every other embarassment in that 20 year expansion team.

Careful what you wish for
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Franchise success or the lack there of is always directly tied to ownership. The Redskins, under former owner Jack Kent Cook were a force to be reckoned with. Under Daniel Snyder the business man who has made a fortune taking short cuts and making quick deals, the Skins have been an abomination.
Last edited by Joe in PB on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Joe in PB wrote:Franchise success or the lack there of is always directly tied to ownership. The Redskins, under former owner Jack Kent Cook were a force to be reckoned with. Under Daniel Snyder the business man who has made a fortune taking business short cuts and quick deals, the Skins have been an abomination.
Snyder also made his money on junk mail marketing and cramming and slamming back when landlines were a force.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Joe in PB wrote:
We've seen deals get done before, 2nd & 3rd round picks are coveted in this league, and like the Redskins did for RG3
yeah but lets be honest here, there is no better team at making shitty deals than the deadskins? I mean you couldn't make as many shitty deals as they have if you were trying....albert haynesworth, bruce smith, jeff george, adam archuleta, deion sanders.....the list goes on and on
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BTW -- the coaches and management of the Chargers were all in Eugene yesterday.

Just sayin'.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yeah, I read about that. Rivers to the Titans for the #2 plus whatever. I does make some kind of sense. Rivers and Whisenhut have a comfort level and McCoy won a playoff game with Tim Tebow, so he could probably figure out something to do with Mariota.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Oh and speaking of Tebow:

The comeback begins...
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

and with the 20th pick in the 2015 draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select a 198 pound 6 ft tall WR out of USC named Nelson Agholor....they should have taken Perriman....
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Chip Kelly is building a house of cards, a very dynamic team for the first 4 or 5 games, until the inevitable injuries start accumulating. Then butt fumble stinks it up, Philly fan burns down the town, and its Tebow time. Image
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... e_man.html
Kelly said Bradford's recovery was on schedule. Many NFL players return from ACL injuries in the nine months since Bradford tore his. But not many had to endure a second ACL tear in the same knee only 10 months after the first.

So the Eagles will proceed cautiously.

....Bradford wore a large brace around his left knee Thursday. He was the only player who did not participate in conditioning warm-ups. He threw only during individual drills. He jogged without a limp in between the drills, but when he walked off the field after practice he was clearly favoring his left leg.

....One-hundred-eight days and counting down.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:Oh and speaking of Tebow:

The comeback begins...
He's either going to be the master of the 2pt conversion for Chip or be a final cut before camp breaks before the season.
Felix wrote:and with the 20th pick in the 2015 draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select a 198 pound 6 ft tall WR out of USC named Nelson Agholor ....they should have taken Perriman....
Perrman has shit hands. Agholor is Maclin all over again.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yeah...I'm sure it's going to be a real struggle to beat out Matt Barkley.

:lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:Yeah...I'm sure it's going to be a real struggle to beat out Matt Barkley.

Tebow released and Barkley traded. Mediocrity redefined.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jiminphilly wrote: He's either going to be the master of the 2pt conversion for Chip or be a final cut before camp breaks before the season.
I'll go with the latter....when will Timmy realize he isn't an NFL QB.....he's got athleticism so if he wants to play, he should move to another position (TE?)
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote:Yeah...I'm sure it's going to be a real struggle to beat out Matt Barkley.

Boy, you really nailed that one.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

mvscal wrote:
The State wrote:LeSean McCoy traded to Bills

for Kiko Alonso... Eagles just got over

Alonso is is on borrowed time, as well. He's running around on two blown out knees and a surgically repaired labrum in his hip.

It looks a lot like a homer pick for Kelly that (most likely) will blow up in his face.
That didn't take long.
Eagles LB Kiko Alonso suffers partially torn ACL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... y-torn-acl