Pride of Nebraska and Dr Tom accused of killing...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Pride of Nebraska and Dr Tom accused of killing...

Post by Left Seater »

his cell mate.

Lawrence Phillips is suspected of killing the guy. Another prisoner also killed his cell mate earlier today as well.

How the hell Dr Tom ever defended this POS is beyond me. Sure seems winning was the only thing that mattered to him.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Pride of Nebraska and Dr Tom accused of killing...

Post by Dinsdale »

Dude should have been charged with attempted murder a long time ago.

Sin,
Steve Young
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

A certain USC running back killed two people and walked.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Phillips has been in prison since 2008 after convictions of crimes including domestic violence, car theft and trying to run down a group of teenagers over a dispute about a pickup football game.
Tom Osborne wrote:I wouldn't call it a beating.
http://articles.latimes.com/1995-11-09/ ... ska-player
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Left Seater wrote:his cell mate.

Lawrence Phillips is suspected of killing the guy. Another prisoner also killed his cell mate earlier today as well.

How the hell Dr Tom ever defended this POS is beyond me. Sure seems winning was the only thing that mattered to him.
Anyone who knows football acknowledges Nebraska didn't need Phillips to bitchslap Florida and any other team that line up against them back then. Dr. Tom had 5 RB's behind Phillips, including Ahman Green, who could rack up 200 yds against anyone in the nation that year. Phillips was given the opportunity to showcase his talents against the undefeated FlA Gators to better position himself for the draft.

Was it right? debateable considering other things mentioned above including Adrian Peterson. But, what we do know is Dr. Tom didn't need Phillips to win.... he tried to help him and has suffered for it ever since.

Speaking of Phillips.... what a monumental waste of once every few decades talent. smh He's a POS for squandering that talent, especially in the manner he did it time after time.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I agree with you now. But then hindsight is 20/20.

I disagree that Dr Tom brought him back just to play against the Gators as a draft showcase. If he didn't need him to win it is unlikely he brings him back.

Totally agree on the waste of talent.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Left Seater wrote: I disagree that Dr Tom brought him back just to play against the Gators as a draft showcase. If he didn't need him to win it is unlikely he brings him back.

Phillips was suspended immediately, early in the year, after the Mich State game where he began to distance himself from the Heisman pack. Dr. Tom did just fine without Phillips the rest of that season. The EASY choice would have been to not allow him to suit up again. Ahman Green, Clinton Childs, Damon Benning, James Sims etc ran roughshod on the nation.

Osborne cared enough to stick his neck out for a kid to give him a solid shot at greatness in the NFL after he squandered the hardware he stood to gain in college.... and suffers to this day because of it. More proof that Phillips is a POS through and through. I wouldn't be surprised if Osborne still sends the punk Christmas and birthday cards and tells him he prays for him.

Another former player, RB Scott Baldwin went bat-shit mentally for some reason his junior year after garnering national attention and ended up getting shot and paralyzed by the Omaha PD back in the day. Osborne took him and his wheelchair into his home for some time to care for and assist in getting him the proper mental healthcare and accommodations set up for the rest of his life. I think you got it all wrong about Dr. Tom.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Your claim would have more validity had Dr Tom not brought him back to play in three regular season games as well. Not to mention Dr Tom walking out of the presser where he was asked what he would do had it been a member of his family. At least man up and face the criticism.

I am not as familiar with Baldwin, but I believe he was found mentally insane at some point. Huge difference between that and LP.

On top of that there are plenty of other examples of bad apples Dr Tom had on campus.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Osborne put it to a team vote, whether or not to re-instate Phillips.
Damon Benning told me as much.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

If that is true Dr Tom is even a bigger idiot than I previously thought.

Of course most teammates are going to vote to put a fellow player back on the field. The coach is paid to make the hard decisions and bring a wiser thought process to the table.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

The hate is so deep in your dome after all these years it's incredible.
What are you striving for? Aneurysm, Heart Attack, or Stroke?
Keep up the good work.
I'm pullin' for ya.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Hate? Naw. Just calling a spade a spade.

Plus the added benefit of some taking the bait hook line and sinker.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Taking the bait?
Good Lordy man, 20 year old bait is waaay to stale for my taste.

At my advanced age I can rest comfortably knowing Osborne will no longer be involved with anything driving NU athletics, and Mr. Phillips can stare at 4 grey walls for the rest of his natural life, or not so natural, if he gets a cellmate with a like mindset.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2453 ... -reckoning

A side note:
Phillips' best friend on the team told a story Phillips shared with him about his step-dad.
His step-dad would hold him down on the floor of their home with a foot, and piss on him, as his own mother would watch with approval. He told this individual how he couldn't believe his own mom could let that happen.

Will be interesting to see if self-defense can be established in his case.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Well, the upside is that he killed an even worse piece of shit than he is and this stunt will probably keep him in a cage for the rest of his life. It's a win-win really.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

H4ever wrote:
Left Seater wrote: I disagree that Dr Tom brought him back just to play against the Gators as a draft showcase. If he didn't need him to win it is unlikely he brings him back.

Phillips was suspended immediately, early in the year, after the Mich State game where he began to distance himself from the Heisman pack. Dr. Tom did just fine without Phillips the rest of that season. The EASY choice would have been to not allow him to suit up again. Ahman Green, Clinton Childs, Damon Benning, James Sims etc ran roughshod on the nation.

Osborne cared enough to stick his neck out for a kid to give him a solid shot at greatness in the NFL after he squandered the hardware he stood to gain in college.... and suffers to this day because of it. More proof that Phillips is a POS through and through. I wouldn't be surprised if Osborne still sends the punk Christmas and birthday cards and tells him he prays for him.

Another former player, RB Scott Baldwin went bat-shit mentally for some reason his junior year after garnering national attention and ended up getting shot and paralyzed by the Omaha PD back in the day. Osborne took him and his wheelchair into his home for some time to care for and assist in getting him the proper mental healthcare and accommodations set up for the rest of his life. I think you got it all wrong about Dr. Tom.
Please go royally fuck yourself.

Tom Osborne once held a murder weapon in his personal office safe for days from police investigators. Anyone who has doubt about it can look it up themselves. Sports Illustrated has a huge story on it somewhere in their archives circa 1998.

The Myth of Dr. Tom is hilarious to anyone who has ever investigated it in the slightest bit.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: Tom Osborne once held a murder weapon in his personal office safe for days from police investigators. Anyone who has doubt about it can look it up themselves. Sports Illustrated has a huge story on it somewhere in their archives circa 1998.
http://www.si.com/vault/1995/09/25/2066 ... om-osborne

In January 1994 he and an assistant even locked away a gun that had allegedly been used by one of his players in the commission of a felony.
That wasn't even the one I was thinking of either . . . probably not even limited to just them.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I apologize for my language on the sports board. Forgot the difference between Cul de Smack and here for a moment and I don't message board as well as I used to.

But I don't apologize for the essence of the statement. I'll get any Husker who wants one a mattress for it if they take issue with it as well. Barry Switzer has been vilified for paying for kids' funerals by these clowns for decades.

Barry never even covered up for a lousy drug dealer, much less murderer.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

Barry never even covered up for a lousy drug dealer, much less murderer.
PKB much? Naw... Barry simply recruited drug dealers from the hood ('sup Charles Thompson) and gave them the ol' wink whilst they plied their trade in Norman. Automatic weapons being fired from dorm balconies, etc.

Now howsabout a link to the one you refer to? And study some criminal law while you're at it hot-shot. But yea... keep sifting the soil for whatever you can get on him and reveal how you curiously ignore the 98% of his legacy that is beyond admirable and the reason why in 50 years he will still be known and Switzer will be a nobody.

Now go get your bicycle tire-patched Jamelle Holloway blow-up doll back out and hump it feverishly in perfect rhythm to "Boomer Sooner" like the boss you are.