Plumbing experts, weigh in

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Plumbing experts, weigh in

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote: And now the dumb cunts on the Portland City Council are now banning smoking on the city golf courses, about 5 of them I believe, imagine the greens fees they will lose when Dins cannot blow a bowl on the back nice or smoke a cigar either
I don't smoke cigars.

But really, who is going to enforce the rule when I fire a butt on the course? Is the 70 year old marshal, who has been drunk since 10AM, and is sneaking off behind the trees to light a smoke going to call the cops, since cops in Portland have nothing better to do with bullets flying all over the city these days?

But there's plenty of privately owned tracks that value my business.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Y2K wrote: The only job worse than jackhammering concrete is a fucking stump grinder.
Floor scrapers and sandblasters are no picnic, either.

Stump grinder? I live in the tee capital of the country, and us non-pros rarely use them. We use the U&L method -- wait until it's a bit damp out, and pile up some kindling on the stump. Bye-bye, stump. Takes a couple of days, and doesn't go over to well in dense urban areas, but works just fine.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Derron wrote:Wags gave very little info on the weed trees he was referring to, they could have been 8 inch trees or 38 inch trees.
All of the above.

Worthless pains in the ass that aren't located to give shade decent shade to the house in the late afternoon/early evening of a KC hot summer day.

All they do is drop dead limbs every time the wind blows and unlike the neighbor kids, I can't just tell them to get the hell off my lawn. God forbid a big storm brews, we never get those here.

No, I have to go out there every other day and strain my back bending over to pick them up.

I've got a big pile in the corner of the backyard that gets bigger every year, a snake breeding ground. Not to mention clogging up the rain gutters because it's always fun to clean those out.

I could write a book about "50 Reasons Not To Buy This House" that I wish I would've read 30 years ago.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

you could have a whole chapter on broken fence gates.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

War Wagon wrote:I've got a big pile in the corner of the backyard that gets bigger every year, a snake breeding ground.
Why? You have a Yard Waste Disposal Center up on
Cookingham which has to be pretty damned close to you, and is free on Saturdays.

Also, the crappy little fire pits that Walmart pawns for $50 come in really handy for the piddly little twigs that are so annoying, and you can tell Johnny Law to go fuck himself when you use it.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

kcdave wrote:
War Wagon wrote:I've got a big pile in the corner of the backyard that gets bigger every year, a snake breeding ground.
Cookingham which has to be pretty damned close to you, and is free on Saturdays.

Also, the crappy little fire pits that Walmart pawns for $50 come in really handy for the piddly little twigs that are so annoying, and you can tell Johnny Law to go fuck himself when you use it.

If johnny law says you can't do outdoor fires, you can't do outdoor fires, not even in one of those faggy little deck fireplaces.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

You really are pictured in that avatar smholic...
Go Bucs, Gators
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I realize that as a rule, having a small fire in a pit is allowed when having a giant burn pile is not, but there are places where any fire is not allowed. Sometimes due to fire hazards, sometimes due to overbearing HOAs. So, if you are in one of these places, go ahead and tell johnny law to fukk the fukk off, because you have a fire pit. See what happens.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

If you're burning logs in those cheap ass pices of tin, you already are the dog shit mashed into the zig zag pattern on the sole of society's tennis shoe. Might as well spice up your life with an ass beating from Johnny Law when you got that much going for ya.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

kcdave wrote:

I don't have a truck but the next time I need one, I'll call you. PM your digits, I need a few bales of straw to seed the mosh pit that is my back yard. They don't fit in the Malibu well.

And since you're so familiar with the area, you should know that burning yard waste or trash of any sort is illegal in the city limits of KCMO... and that there's a fire station at 111th and North Oak, mere blocks from my house. Sure, they might look (and smell) the other way but it's not worth the risk.

I've got a 20 yard container coming in a few days. I'll dispose of years of accumulated stuff in and around my shit hole in the next month.

You wanna' come by and help? Like I said, I've got a bad back and don't generally ask neighbors for help.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Wags, while your story is sad and makes most here on this board take pity on your unfortunate situation. I have a very easy solution for you. Ready?

Hire a bunch of Mexicans to take care of your shitty KCMO yard!
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

War Wagon wrote:I don't have a truck
That certainly is a problem. Although, I must ask why the hell not? You are a 50 year old, home owner living in the burbs of KC.
You pretty much HAVE to own a truck of some sort, or resort to renting a haul-off to rid yourself of 20 years of accumulated shit.
I highly doubt it is a $$ issue. Craigslist is full of old beater pick-ups for under $2000. Even Norman Broughcass could afford that.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Y2K,

The summer after high school, I worked at a golf course cutting and laying sod, picking weeds, etc. $3.75 an hour. That job sucked SOOOO bad! 5:30 am to 2:30 pm. Breaking up the concrete from old cart paths was a joy also. There should be a thread about worse jobs. Cleaning out a grease pit in a restaurant at age 15 was tons of fun too.
What were we just talking about?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:
Y2K wrote: The only job worse than jackhammering concrete is a fucking stump grinder.
I did that once...never again
I've done 'em both.

The hardest thing about the stumpgrinder was loading and unloading it into my truck. Actually just the loading part - I needed help with that.
Yea, it shook my teeth for 3 hours but beats the fuck out of paying to have it done

I used a jackhammer to put in a sump. Didn't think it was too bad. Then again all I did was hammer out a 30" hole

I'd rather run either machine all day than roof or sand drywall
Scraping off wallpaper the wife and I pasted on painted drywall in the bathroom 25 years ago is no picnic either.

I hate painting with a passion, but I'll never glue another strip of paper to a wall again. It looked good for awhile...

Thank you, vinegar and water, for causing me to not punch new holes in drywall.