talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

The State
Ren Fairy

Too funny...

Post by The State »

LeSean McCoy traded to Bills

for Kiko Alonso... Eagles just got over

The most overrated running back in NFL history...

Shit... AP could rush for 2,000 yards in a season in "Chipper's" system.

We all know that Buffalo is where RB's go to die. Just ask Spiller and the guy named Beast Mode (although he escaped).
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Re: Too funny...

Post by Joe in PB »

Didn't see that coming. I do feel RB is one of the easiest position on a roster to replace though. McCoy coming off a meh season with a high cap number I probably should have seen it coming.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

The State wrote:LeSean McCoy traded to Bills

The most overrated running back in NFL history...

Shit... AP could rush for 2,000 yards in a season in "Chipper's" system.

We all know that Buffalo is where RB's go to die. Just ask Spiller and the guy named Beast Mode (although he escaped).

I wouldn't call him overrated by any stretch. He was still third in the NFL in rushing yards despite a poor season by his standards. His TD totals have dropped off and he wasn't making people miss like he had in the past. NFL RB's have a short life and the Eagles traded him at the right time and filled a major void at the LB spot.

They have a void at the RB spot but I suspect another move is coming via FA or trade.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The State wrote:LeSean McCoy traded to Bills

Alonso is is on borrowed time, as well. He's running around on two blown out knees and a surgically repaired labrum in his hip.

It looks a lot like a homer pick for Kelly that (most likely) will blow up in his face.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote: Alonso is is on borrowed time, as well. He's running around on two blown out knees and a surgically repaired labrum in his hip.

It looks a lot like a homer pick for Kelly that (most likely) will blow up in his face.
Meh.

As Jim pointed out, the lifespan of the typical NFL RB is pretty short. McCoy's best years are well behind him.

For a guy going into his 3rd year, My Man Kiko (QQMF) is about as beat up as you can be at 25 and still be in the league.

I guess it comes down to what's more likely -- will McCoy be the rare RB who stays at a high level into his twilight (which there's a bit of evidence to indicate he likely isn't), or will Alonso's body mend enough to get back to the absolute monster he was his rookie year?

For me, I don't think either scenario is likely, but if I was betting on one or the other, I'd put my money on Alonso. Plus, without looking it up, I'm guessing the Eagles saved a few bucks on the deal. So given the circumstances, I think the Eagles probably got the better end of the deal.

Although Chip's zeal to build an all-Ducks roster is humorous. Last season, I think the practice squad was at least 6-of-10 Ducks at some point.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Dinsdale wrote:
mvscal wrote: Alonso is is on borrowed time, as well. He's running around on two blown out knees and a surgically repaired labrum in his hip.

Meh.

As Jim pointed out, the lifespan of the typical NFL RB is pretty short. McCoy's best years are well behind him.

For a guy going into his 3rd year, My Man Kiko (QQMF) is about as beat up as you can be at 25 and still be in the league.

I guess it comes down to what's more likely -- will McCoy be the rare RB who stays at a high level into his twilight (which there's a bit of evidence to indicate he likely isn't), or will Alonso's body mend enough to get back to the absolute monster he was his rookie year?

For me, I don't think either scenario is likely, but if I was betting on one or the other, I'd put my money on Alonso. Plus, without looking it up, I'm guessing the Eagles saved a few bucks on the deal. So given the circumstances, I think the Eagles probably got the better end of the deal.

Although Chip's zeal to build an all-Ducks roster is humorous. Last season, I think the practice squad was at least 6-of-10 Ducks at some point.

The Eagles are now $50mm under the cap. Suh is on their radar and apparently so is Ingram. The Eagles rolled the dice on a LB with a torn Achilles 3 years ago and got some really good production from DeMeco Ryans before he blew his other achilles. They might be thinking the same type of deal with Alonso plus he has less NFL years on his body.

They still have MAJOR holes in the secondary. Major. Until they fix them, it won't matter who they replace Shady with or what LB group they have.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jiminphilly wrote:They still have MAJOR holes in the secondary. Major.
Oh, you'll be using a late round pick on Ifo Ikpre Olomu... mark my words. And if he can get healthy enough to play, he could be a fine pick. Not a "lockdown corner," but no one really plays that style of pass D anymore anyway -- Cover 2 is pretty much the standard for everyone these days, or similar zones, and he's a machine at zone coverage... if his knee heals.

But Charles will take him, no matter what.

Heck, if Kiko is healed, put him at corner -- dude's so juiced up, he can probably run with anyone.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

LO fucking L...
Go Bucs, Gators
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

After seeing an article, McCoy is younger than I thought he was. But Charles sure put a ton of miles on him in a short time.

But as Joe mentioned, good RBs are a dime a dozen. Every draft is loaded with competent ones.

Hell, it's the Chipper -- he'll probably go after LaGarrette Blount in free agency. Could probably get him on the cheap, too.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

^^^ :lol:

Rotoworlds take on the 28th.
The Philadelphia Daily News' Paul Domowitch said it is 'not likely' the Eagles want to keep LeSean McCoy at his current $11.95 million cap charge.
McCoy has said he is not open to a pay cut, but a restructuring that kicked some guaranteed money down the road could work for both sides. The Eagles could also conceivably cut McCoy, but that seems unlikely at this point. McCoy averaged 4.23 YPC with just five TDs on 312 carries last season. He lost passing-down and short-yardage work to Darren Sproles and Chris Polk.
The writing was on the wall.

Rotoworld today.
A source informed ESPN's Josina Anderson that LeSean McCoy is "frustrated" over being traded to the Bills and is "not going to make it easy, that's for sure."
"Of course he's not happy," added the source. "It'll be interesting to see how this process plays itself out because he's an interesting individual. ... He was like 'why me?'" Some are leaving the door open to McCoy possibly refusing to go to Buffalo, leading to the Bills possibly pulling out of the trade prior to it officially going through when the new league year opens March 10. But in all likelihood, the Bills will hand McCoy a new contract with more guaranteed money through 2015 and 2016 and let coach Rex Ryan work his magic as a coach with the ability to convince his players to "buy in." Ryan's the ultimate players coach.
I'd just a soon not want a whiner, but this is today's NFL, 50% of skill position players are whiners & bitches, the media refers to them as divas. Buffalo is going to break the bank on CJ Spiller Jr.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Buffalo needs to take as much pressure as possible away from the QB position. They also need some hype to put assessment in the seats. Sixteen straight years of non playoff football will do that to a team. Plus, Alonzo is brittle. Add that up and it appears to be a good deal for the Bills.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

If you're going to break the bank on a RB, why not go after AP? Improve the oline and ground & pound. Shady is not a ground & pound RB, scat back yes, who is better in a Chip Kelly or Sean Payton type offense. I do believe he'll be better than Spiller, but not sure he's really the right fit going up against 8 man fronts, & likely to struggle similar to last season.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Again, you need receiving options to take pressure off Manuel. Shady provides that option.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:Again, you need receiving options to take pressure off Manuel.

....or, maybe, a better quarterback than Manuel.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Unfortunately, Matt Cassel is about as good as they are going to get. I also have a hunch Manuel still has upside or they wouldn't be upgrading around him rather than going all in on a free agent QB.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

BSmack wrote: I also have a hunch Manuel still has upside or they wouldn't be upgrading around him rather than going all in on a free agent QB.
When the best available is Matt Cassell, you are less likely to go all in on a free agent QB.

~MA
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I'd rather have Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, the scare crow from the wizard of OZ, than Cassell behind center. Buffalo's forte' appears to be building 8-8 teams.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Joe in PB wrote:I'd rather have Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, the scare crow from the wizard of OZ, than Cassell behind center. Buffalo's forte' appears to be building 8-8 teams.
They aren't free agents, idiot.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Either probably could have been had through trade of a draft pick/s or players & picks, as opposed to going to the swap meet for a loser like Cassell.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

What the fuck is Chip doing?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Joe in PB wrote:Either probably could have been had through trade of a draft pick/s or players & picks, as opposed to going to the swap meet for a loser like Cassell.

They just did business with Philly tard. If it was probable it probably would've happened.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Even Chip Kelly isn't so balls out stupid to take EJ Manuel for Nick Foles. Now if the Bills had another Duck of the roster? Who knows?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Draft pick/s & player/s. Never considered Manuel since nobody wants him. Kelly wanted Mariota and might have been tempted to make a deal for extra draft picks to use as ammo to move up.

Not saying it is guaranteed that a deal could have been done, but I'm not convinced Buffalo even sent feelers out to see if there was any interest.
Last edited by Joe in PB on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

R-Jack wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:Either probably could have been had through trade of a draft pick/s or players & picks, as opposed to going to the swap meet for a loser like Cassell.

They just did business with Philly tard. If it was probable it probably would've happened.
Provide the link that Buffalo tried to make a deal for Foles, or shut the fuck up ankle biting bitch.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

You can talk out of your ass, but when I speculate I have to provide a link? Good god damn you are a dense one.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Rex Ryan generally believes if his team can run the ball and play defense that's enough. So I'm not convinced he made a pitch for a QB. Picking up Matt Cassel for cheap is exactly what I expect from buddy ball Jr. Which is probably why he got the job, selling he doesn't need a QB to win. The problem is that recipe blows up against good teams, and will probably lead to another ho hum or sub par season. Hence my questioning of Buffalo trying to make a deal for a QB.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Joe in PB wrote:Draft pick/s & player/s. Never considered Manuel since nobody wants him. Kelly wanted Mariota and might have been tempted to make a deal for extra draft picks to use as ammo to move up.

Not saying it is guaranteed that a deal could have been done, but I'm not convinced Buffalo even sent feelers out to see if there was any interest.
Remember the Sammy Watkins trade?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jiminphilly wrote:What the fuck is Chip doing?
that's a great question....the guy is either the smartest guy in the room, or gone off the deep end batshit crazy
the Maxwell contract was bad enough, but the Bradford for Foles deal is a real head scratcher
Ryan Matthews isn't going to like playing second (or third because of Sproles) string....Philly has the best running back corp in the league but I'm not sure that's a great thing given Kelly's offensive system.....
get out, get out while there's still time
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Actually, the head scratcher is throwing that much money at Murray. He had 500 touches last year and is, almost certainly, done. Jamal Lewis, Jamal Anderson, Terrell Davis, Chris Johnson, Shaun Alexander etc. The list goes on and on. These guys have a big years with a huge number of touches and then fade to nothing. Bradford at least has a higher upside than Foles and played in a similarly paced offense at OU.

Kelly is placing a lot a faith in a lot of very brittle players, though. It's looking like the Titanic to me.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I look at Foles as a player still developing, he has less than two complete seasons NFL experience. Drew Bees for instance didn't really start playing well until his 3rd season. Foles could turn out to be a very good player, Bradford might be a good player too, but I'd probably prefer Foles at this point. Then again I'm not Chip Kelly and haven't seen all the practices and games like he has. Obviously he saw something in Foles he didn't like.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Total bullshit. He gave up picks to get Bradford, idiot. Who the fuck else even wants him? Seriously, who the hell is going to give up a top ten pick for a broke dick like Bradford? Nobody, that's who. I don't doubt that Kelly would love to have Mariota but Foles was his trade bait QB. Obviously he did his homework and concluded that Foles and picks wasn't going to be enough to move up to get Mariota so he went with Plan B: Bradford.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

KC Scott wrote:Bradford is trade bait - Kelly looking for a way to move up and get Mariota
While that may be true, the fact everyone suspects that is what he is doing means he'll have to over pay to get it done. The toughest transition for college coaches in the NFL is the acquiring of talent. Overpaying for players does not equate to winning in this league, Dan Snyder & the Redskins are the poster children for that strategy.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

mvscal wrote:Total bullshit. He gave up picks to get Bradford, idiot. Who the fuck else even wants him? Seriously, who the hell is going to give up a top ten pick for a broke dick like Bradford? Nobody, that's who. I don't doubt that Kelly would love to have Mariota but Foles was his trade bait QB. Obviously he did his homework and concluded that Foles and picks wasn't going to be enough to move up to get Mariota so he went with Plan B: Bradford.
We've seen deals get done before, 2nd & 3rd round picks are coveted in this league, and like the Redskins did for RG3, next years 1st rd pick & perhaps others are very persuasive in getting a deal done. Of course that kind of deal usually doesn't work out well long term.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I'm with mv on Murray. He's lucky if he's a factor in 2 years. I think Kelly just might be insane.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Joe in PB wrote:
mvscal wrote:Total bullshit. He gave up picks to get Bradford, idiot. Who the fuck else even wants him? Seriously, who the hell is going to give up a top ten pick for a broke dick like Bradford? Nobody, that's who. I don't doubt that Kelly would love to have Mariota but Foles was his trade bait QB. Obviously he did his homework and concluded that Foles and picks wasn't going to be enough to move up to get Mariota so he went with Plan B: Bradford.
We've seen deals get done before, 2nd & 3rd round picks are coveted in this league, and like the Redskins did for RG3, next years 1st rd pick & perhaps others are very persuasive in getting a deal done. Of course that kind of deal usually doesn't work out well long term.
No sugarcoating it. You're a moron. He already gave up a 2 and a 4 just to get Bradford. You don't do that to acquire tradebait, dipshit.

Unless Kelly is crazy and stupid.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Bradford is the Eagles QB and he isn't some type of trade bait for Mariotta. There is plenty to debate on why Kelly likes Bradford,given his injury isuses, but there is no way this move was made to get Marriota.

Kelly didn't like Shady. He danced too much in the backfield, was a bit of a me-guy which Chip doesn't go for and his contract was a problem long-term. Murray has a lot of mileage but with Sproles and Mathews in the backfield, the carries will be grealty reduced. Contract-wise, the long-term cap hit of Murray's contract is less per-year than what Shady's contract was going to be. If the Eagles are effective and dividing up the touches, the mileage on Murray won't be much of an issue.

Salary cap wise, the trades were smart for long-term planning. But he's brought in 3 brittle players at key positions and that's a huge question mark going into the 2015-16 season.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jiminphilly wrote:Bradford is the Eagles QB and he isn't some type of trade bait for Mariotta. There is plenty to debate on why Kelly likes Bradford,given his injury isuses, but there is no way this move was made to get Marriota.
oh is that what you call it.....injury issues? that cat is as brittle as a 40 year old newspaper clipping....he's one good shot from being a perpetual clipboard holder......

Kelly acted stupidly and the Eagles are going to pay the price for it.....opposing teams are going to load the box and force Bradford to beat them which is going to result in Bradford getting hit more and more.....

best of luck, your team is going to need it.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Agreed here, especially as a Ram fan. Bradford has a ton of talent, but his legs are made of glass. As Felix said, one more hit on that knee and he's done. It's too bad he didn't live up to his skills, but this shit happens in the NFL. I am curious and hopeful to see a less fragile Foles with an improving Rams squad.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

You can get rid of Manzell, but unloading that embarassment will only re-highlight every other embarassment in that 20 year expansion team.

Careful what you wish for
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Franchise success or the lack there of is always directly tied to ownership. The Redskins, under former owner Jack Kent Cook were a force to be reckoned with. Under Daniel Snyder the business man who has made a fortune taking short cuts and making quick deals, the Skins have been an abomination.
Last edited by Joe in PB on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.