How is your team's recruiting class looking?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Re: How is your team's recruiting class looking?

Post by Cornhusker »

Sudden Sam wrote:That's like the shit ESPN started this year where they suggest that such and such team has a 58% chance of winning a particular game. What kinda BS is that?! Do they think viewers are complete imbeciles?
Yes they do..
They try to convince the world the SEC is all you need to know to be a CFB fan.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:That's like the shit ESPN started this year where they suggest that such and such team has a 58% chance of winning a particular game. What kinda BS is that?! Do they think viewers are complete imbeciles?
It's a completely worthless metric based heavily on recruiting. They had MSU at like a 35% chance of beating Michigan this past season cuz they had more 5-stars or some such bullshit.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Uh-oh. Snoops kid looks good in blue!

http://instagram.com/p/yFuvIGv9P6/?modal=true
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

It's a long shot for sure. But Harbaugh getting these types of kids on campus bodes well. I look for him to fill out this class with some solid talent and put next year's class in the top 5.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

schmick wrote:There is a kid in next years class from a HS in Ann Arbor who is already committed to USC, I imagine Harbaugh will flip him but thats likely not happeneing with Biggie
Daelin Hayes? Yeah, he committed to SoCal and Mom soon after moved out there after she got a brand new job. I'm sure it was a total coincidence. He's also on his 3rd High School in 3 years; 4th if you count the time spent in CA.

Amazing talent, but it was well known that Mommy had her hand out. Now he's back living in Michigan with his Dad.

I wonder how long until Mom "loses" that job in CA and she makes her way back to MI?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote: Transferring HS's a lot doesnt mean much.

Ohhh? For an athlete it sure raises a few red flags.

In Texas we have a new breed of HS transfers, which is pissing off minorities. A few years ago a lady sued over law school admissions based on a race sliding scale. She won and race can not be used in the admissions process in Texas, OK or LA. State schools in Texas immediately saw a reduction in minorities admitted based on the new blind criteria. So the legislature passed a law that says any person who graduates in the top 10% of their HS class gets auto admission to the public universities. So a kid that is ranked in the 11th percentile of her senior class might transfer from her suburban HS to an inner city HS for her final semester.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Of course they are recruiting him, he's a very good player. But they also won't be greasing Mommy's hand or finding her a job.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

98%...?

As visit impressions go, Michigan couldn’t have made a better one on 2015 Long Beach (Calif.) Poly CB Iman Marshall. The five-star standout came away in awe of the Big House and raved about his personal interactions with players and coaches in Ann Arbor. Scout.com West Coach Recruiting Analyst Greg Biggins has known the talented youngster for years. After interviewing Marshall about his time in Michigan, Biggins offered his thoughts on where the Wolverines stand in the Golden State star’s recruitment.
First off, kid was so tired he could barely talk so it was a little tough to gauge his emotions. Saying that, I definitely got a good vibe from him about Michigan, more so than FSU. Michigan did a great job and really sold him on every angle possible- from early playing time, to playing for an NFL coach who knows what it takes to get to the NFL, academic support and post-football networking, to playing in front of packed house every game, to playing in a pretty loaded secondary and the chance to play his aggressive style of defense.

The two biggest obstacles they'll need to overcome are his childhood love for USC and location. It's just Iman and his dad and they're VERY close and his dad Tony wasn't able to make the trip. His dad is also a USC fan, although he'll never admit it publicly, so that is definitely something they'll have to work hard to overcome.

With location, I think it ties back to his dad, again they're very close and Tony is protective so I think it's going to be very hard to get him to sign off on letting Iman move so far away from home. Saying that, if there is a school that can do it, I think it's Michigan.

Tony has great respect for the Michigan program, its tradition, academics and especially coach Harbaugh. They're all about getting Iman to the NFL and whatever sets them up for that. I don't think they have any doubt that Michigan is a place that can make that possible. Marshall is an aggressive corner and that type of play isn't really allowed in the Pac 12 where the refs throw flags for breathing on a player too hard. Tony made a comment to me during the year after watching an SEC game and a Pac 12 game back to back that playing in the Pac 12 as a corner, ‘you're really handcuffed by the refs and that can actually hurt you as a prospect.’ The Big 10 style of play fits him very well, he's built for that. Academics are big for the family as well.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

schmick wrote:So is he not going to take his free trip to Oregon this week then?

michigan is a shitty place to live with shitty weather, a shitty program and none of his friends. Why would anyone leave Southern California, the beaches, the weather the beautiful women.... for the fucking the rust belt of this nation?
Yeah the smog, earthquakes, mudslides, and wild fires got us beat. The kid is pals with Freddie Canteen a UM WR that he trains with. It's his over involved Schmick of a dad that likely won't let the kid out of the land of fruit and nuts. Harbaugh has an in home with him on Monday....take another look in the crystal ball...Jim's coming to Dad's living room.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

schmick wrote:michigan is a shitty place to live
Ann Arbor is a great college town.
with shitty weather
It's only cold a few months out of the year, and not everybody is a weather pussy.
a shitty program
USC isn't much better, and Michigan has a MUCH better coach.
and none of his friends.
You meet friends when you go to college.
Why would anyone leave Southern California
Because that smog-filled shithole full of bandwagon fans isn't all that it's cracked up to be.
the beaches
D1 football players don't have time to lay on the beach.
the weather
The four seasons are underrated.
the beautiful women
You've got me there. Ann Arbor women are hideous.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:schmick, kids leave Cali to play in Tuscaloosa. They'll sure as hell leave for Ann Arbor.
Not everybody is a socially inept weather pussy like Schmick. Some people are not only willing to leave their comfort zone, but look forward to the experience and challenge.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:schmick, kids leave Cali to play in Tuscaloosa. They'll sure as hell leave for Ann Arbor.
Not everybody is a socially inept weather pussy like Schmick. Some people are not only willing to leave their comfort zone, but look forward to the experience and challenge.
Shmick apparently lives in Corona. The weather isn't all that great there. Hot, smoggy, and the two freeways that cross there are gridlocked most of the time
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Left Seater wrote: As for actual recruiting talk I don't give a flying flip until they sign or matriculate. Anything else is useless since these kids can and do change their mind every day.
:idea:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Your OC was no weather pussy, perhaps Marshall has the balls to play in a conference where defense exists.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Harbaugh flips Texas QB commit Zach Gentry. He began to cool on Texas when they flipped an aTm qb. Dude had a great visit and pulled the trigger at halftime of the basketball game. I expect a couple more commits to come from this weekend's visitors.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Nah, you just need to go down the road to Ypsi (EMU) to score easy hotties that can get into a directional. There's quality pussy on every campus I've ever been to. Nobody has the market cornered on 18-22 year old gash.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

schmick wrote:So a college football player wont have the time to go the 10 miles from USC to the beach but will have time to go from ann arbor to ypsi which is about the same distance?
I'm pretty sure the jersey chasers come to you, not the other way around.

Maybe I'm naive, but I still think recruits by and large choose their schools based on things like coaching staff, scheme, playing time, culture, etc. All things being equal in those departments, then maybe weather and girls factor into it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:If you're a recruit - would you rather be around a bunch of Mgos or a bunch of Schmicks?
A bunch of Goobers, for sure.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Killian

Post by Killian »

Notre Dame will finish with Equanimeous St. Brown, Dexter Williams and their 137th choice for a safety.

It's a good class, especially on offense, but there were some major whiffs by the coaching staff.

And Ann Arbor hand plenty of fine looking women, if you knew where to look and had a personality. I spent a bunch of time there while in college. Was like shooting fish in a barrel.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

OSU already lost Carlton Davis to Auburn

they WILL lost Torrance Gibson on signing day...just a hunch
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Davis will be a HUGE get for Auburn.

We are desperate for secondary players.

Pass rushers, too.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Meanwhile, Florida has 10 whole commits.

No 5 stars.

T Rex must be in seizure mode by now.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

schmick wrote:USC is hosting an elite Juniors camp this weekend these kids had stated for sure theyd be there
Theo Howard
Kahi Neves
Kahlil Tate
Devin Asiasi
Tyler Vaughns
Trevon Sidney
Dylan Crawford
Michael Pittman
Dymond Lee
Simi Fehoko
Sean McGrew
DJ Morgan
Zion Echols
Demetric Felton
Dareon Nash
Javon Mckinley
Jackie Jones
Bryson Young
K'Neal Henry
Mique Juarez
Darrian Franklin
Oluwole Betiku
Lokeni Toailoa
Brandon Burton
CJ Pollard
David Long
Darian Owens
Krys Barnes
Frank Martin
Boss Tagaloa
Curtis Robinson
Blake Walls
Lawson Hall
Alex Akingbulu
Jamal Hicks

USC has a couple commits already there and offered Curtis Robinson at the camp
Any school worth a fuck does camps.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

they didn't have one this weekend. I'll be sure to post the list of attendees when they do though.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

schmick wrote:So USC is already getting a head start on kids for the next class while michigan is shoveling their driveway and trying to convince kids from this class that they are better place for them than USC even though michigan has not beaten the Trojans during the recruit's lifetime
Yeah, that's exactly what's happening... :meds:
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

WolverineSteve wrote:Nah, you just need to go down the road to Ypsi (EMU) to score easy hotties that can get into a directional. There's quality pussy on every campus I've ever been to. Nobody has the market cornered on 18-22 year old gash.
Have to agree with this. Every time some knuckle-dragger brags about how much hotter their co-eds are than the rest of the nation, I'm like.. really? You got newly discovered chicks from Atlantis or do they descend from Europe, Africa, Asia, etc.. like the rest of 'em? Congrats... you got kicked off the short bus for trying to board with an excessive number of chromosomes.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oregon loves them some all-purpose backs.

And they did OK in regards to that position.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Footba ... sition=APB
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Well, let's see, Schmuck...

Looking through the 24/7 overall player rankings, the highest-rated USC commit is from...

Georgia

But then we get to the next highest, who is of course from...

Utah

Next up, is of course a 4-star RB, from...

Texas

But after that, you finally landed one from SoCal.

I guess California isn't capable of producing 5-star talent, like Thomas Tyner and Colt Lyerla.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

OSU has lost Carlton Davis to Auburn...fuck you Carson and Spray...

Hopefully they hold onto Torrance Gibson to give them not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, but SIX fucking QB's on the roster...

I think the NC bump will come this next recruiting cycle (#1 RB verballed good luck keeping that solid for a year)...and they are in on a lot of St. Thomas Aquainas kids, etc...

so things are looking up for OSU...

and it will be funny watching _ichigan sign a class of drek...the hand wringing yellow and blues were all about when Captain Khakis gets the job recruits will fall all over themselves to sign with that shithole school...um so far they have a whopping 9 recruits... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Killian

Post by Killian »

schmick wrote:CUM still up to his same tricks he had at florida
Winning championships his school still gets to count?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

BUT...Gustin's family LIVES in UTAH CURRENTLY...which would mean USC can't pull that type of talent locally and preclude USC from recruiting them in your assinine model of recruiting...

And big fucking deal that USC got a jump on next year...perhaps you miss the cycle...but ALL SCHOOLS have started or already have verbals for next year...

in fact DURING the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game OSU got a pledge from the #1 RB (according to Scout) in the nation Kareem Walker...

oh and OSU's class was filthy nice...aside from losing Carlton Davis to Auburn...they kept Mike Weber and Josh Alabi from Detroit Cass Tech...Urban to Captain Khakis...TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES...two kids from a _ichigan feeder...always nice...

pulled a kid from MD (a OT)...so OSU finished on a great note...

now they have to get going on next year to keep up with USC :meds:
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

No Michigan fan who knows shit expected a triumphant class with only 3 weeks for Harbaughmania to recruit. The class is up to a dozen now and another 3 or 4 still to come. With a full cycle to build relationships, put on camps (s'up Schmick), throw some W's in the left hand column...I fully expect a top ten class at this point next year. The thing we Michigan folk are counting on is Harbaugh to coach up the talent on the rosters. Having 3 stars play like four and 5 stars as opposed to Hoke doing the opposite. There will be immediate improvement in the product on the field. Most of this class will redshirt anyway.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote: CUM visitied the kid 3 times in the last week and flew his whole family to Ohio this weekend and then kept them an extra day

Whole lot of accusations in that post. Care to post a link?

You do understand that parents or legal guardians can attend official visits with their child. (The schools can legally pay the airfare for the athlete and his two parents or guardians. Siblings can attend but the parents would have to pay the airfare.) So unless the school paid for his siblings to fly as well, there isn't a problem.

NCAA rules restrict official visits to 48 hours. Are you suggesting the visit lasted 49 hours or more? Or did the family have their flights changed by the airline due to the weather that caused thousands of other delays or cancellations around the country this weekend? If the airline changed the flights and the family paid for any expenses beyond the 48 hour period, there would be no violation.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Steve - how can they get a start on next year? They are shoveling their driveways. :meds:

Sin,

Schmick

The unusual thing for tOSU was getting 2 kids from Cass Tech this year (Alabi and Weber)...that's 3 in the last 2 years...what's up with that?? Did Hoke and staff not endear themselves to the Cass Tech coaches? I always thought Cass Tech was a _ichigan feeder...??
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Word is that at Weber was Blue as late as this morning, then UM flipped a 4star RB from Iowa (Higdon). Dude is from my old stomping grounds in Sarasota FL....which means both he and I aren't weather pussies. Not sure why Weber would cower from a little competition. It's not like the stable in Cbus is empty. Oh well, he was wishy washy anyway, like Clark the huge TE that decommitted from UNC, UM, and signed with UCLA.

Waiting on Wheatley....
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

weather pussies that could be a new board lexicon...

Was Higdon from MI?? If not how dare they sign him...

Sin,

You know who
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

WolverineSteve wrote:Oh well, he was wishy washy anyway...
Yeah, hopefully about as wishy washy as the Boren brothers. :hfal:
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Wheatley is in. He's a DE/TE but I hear he prefers TE.

Waiting on Van Jefferson.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Snoop's kid to UCLA :lol:

Also...4star DE from Delray Beach Florida Shelton Johnson...not a weather pussy sends in his LOI to UM.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Looks like Muschamp has already started improving Auburn's D.

Brought in Byron Cowart and a bunch of linebackers.

We picked up some receivers, too.