Soooo, Part 2...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Soooo, Part 2...

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm not sure "awesome" is the best word, and my team FUCKING LOST, but a great game.

I read the in-game thread, and frankly, in my broken-heart opinion, the teams were pretty evenly matched, in most facets of the game... except[/]...

I think you were watching the same game as me, and to my armchair-ass, it was pretty even to me, with the obvious exception of tOSU's offensive line...

those 5+ were stupid-good. Not just "pretty good." Break it down all you want, but any other conclusion to the "keys" makes you dumb.

That was the best prepared OL that I've maybe ever seen. Speaks to the coaching staff, along with the overall culture at tOSU.

In fact, I thought the front 7 of My Ducks played fairly well -- but no one was hanging with tOSU's OL on this night... that shit was crazy. Oregon's front 7 was pretty good, and made good reads -- and the way OSU's OL played, it didn't matter.

In short (not my strong suit), Urban's point of attack was well-prepared, and ate Oregon's defensive front (which is actually very good) alive.

Enjoy, my Buckeye Homies.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
matteric
Elwood

Re: Soooo, Part 2...

Post by matteric »

Clearly, the two best teams in the country played tonight.

The two dropped passes on third down on consecutive series really seemed to deflate the ducks emotionally.

They were rolling and about to go up 14-0 and the buckeyes were on their heels.

The next series they had a drop on a long pass into buckeye territory and were looking good and on they way to a 21-7 lead.

That one seemed to really take the emotion out of the ducks and was the turning point. You can't do that against a team like the buckeyes.

Not saying the ducks would have won... because they weren't going to. They had no answer for the counter-trap play that gouged them to death. I just think it would have been a closer game.

Game of emotions my friends.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:And yeah - I think y'all should make Jones your starter next year. Holy shit. The guy is a tank with just a stupid arm. May be one of the strongest arms I've ever seen in college ball - certainly out of a freshman...
He's a redshirt sophomore. He's thinking about declaring for the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -to-title/

If you knew as much about BTPCFB as you do about male-on-male sex, you might be a good read. :mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I bet on the Buffalo Bills to win the Super Bowl four years in a row back in the day....Oregon is my new Buffalo. They are the best team never to win a title.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote:Dins -I hate to say this, but your Ducks got the shit kicked out of them. tOSU did everything they could to give it to the Ducks, and they still ass-whooped them.

Oregon was exposed tonight, dude. Plain & simple.
quite possibly the biggest lie ever told on this board. :lol:
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

After painstakingly studying & analyzing the game film, I can only say one thing:

QQMF
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:Michigan State got their asses handed to them a few years ago by an SEC team and has improved markedly since then.
Still trying to get mileage out of a bowl game played five years ago. :lol:

MSU has won their last four consecutive bowls and beat the last SEC team they played. Time to turn the page and live in the now.

Anyway, I don't think there was any major power shift in college football based on one season, but the Big Ten did prove itself to be the most top heavy this year. If you really want to go down that road of, "Oh yeah, well OUR 7-5 teams are better than YOUR 7-5 teams!" then have at it. Problem is... nobody cares.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:But you know damn well that LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, and maybe Missouri will all be overrated in the preseason poll.
FTFY.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

We can only hope.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Why? Do the television contracts go down in value for the 2015 season?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one