New Years 6 Bowls

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

New Years 6 Bowls

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Ole Piss does not even belong on the same field as TCU. Snooze. Bring on the other games.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: New Years 6 Bowls

@AP_Top25: See which Ole Miss coach said: 'Not to take anything away from TCU, but in our league we see the best'

:lol:
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

TCU is proving that the committee got it wrong. Bo Wallace looks like a defeated Civil War General out there. They need to take him out and save his life.

If two Mississippi schools are near the top of the SEC, the conference is down.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:TCU is proving right now that they are the best team in the country. Does not matter what conference they are in, as they would be kicking the shit out of any of the top four teams today. Holy fuck if they aren't badassing....
Disagree.

I think it speaks more the the SEC bias that you claim doesn't exist (despite massive evidence to the contrary). Maybe in the future, the committee, and pollsters in general can be a little more objective... then again, that's hard to do when the 2 teams in question refused to play anybody.

I don't think it's a matter of TCU being that great (although they may indeed be), it's more a matter of Ol Piss sucking out loud.

Whole buncha teams would roll that horribly ill-prepared outfit.

But this one is pretty funny.

Alabama lost to that team?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

42-0.

Ole Miss to move up 2 spots in the final poll.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:42-0.

Ole Miss to move up 2 spots in the final poll.
Pretty much.

About time this silliness ends.

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-ut... we play in the SEC!, DAMMIT!!!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, you're saying the #1 efficient offense would be getting beat by a team playing absolutely ZERO defense (that Ol Missed can't even get positive yardage on)?

Uhm... ohhhhhhkay.
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Papa Willie wrote:Image

If they were playing right now, TCU would be beating down Oregon, FSU, Alabama or tOSU. Admit it. You are glad as fuck the Ducks are not getting any of this frog action right now...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:TCU is proving right now that they are the best team in the country. Does not matter what conference they are in, as they would be kicking the shit out of any of the top four teams today. Holy fuck if they aren't badassing.... :shock:
Damn, dude, over-react much? You could work for ESPN.

Sports aren't that simple... if they were, Vegas wouldn't have all those big buildings. So many intangibles. Different teams show up each week, etc.

I'm with Dins. TCU was very good today but it's more likely they beat up on a historically bad SEC team that wasn't ready for the big stage, than the Frogs being an unstoppable juggernaut. Also, they played with that chip on their shoulder that can be a very dangerous thing for opponents, because they wanted to prove to everyone they belonged in the Final 4. May have had a completely different mindset if they were playing any of the other four teams you mentioned. That's what worries me about Baylor tomorrow.

Apparently TCU returns 10 starters on offense next year. Watch out college football. :shock:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Ahhh, here's that Dick Rod defense I knew and loved so well when he was at Michigan...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:Bo Wallace was beyond shit.
Dude is the winningest QB in Old Mess history. Tells you all you need to know about that program.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Two score game now. This thing is far from over, especially with how many points Dick Rod's O can put on the board. Problem is, his D is just as good at doing the same thing for the other team.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Two score game now. This thing is far from over, especially with how many points Dick Rod's O can put on the board. Problem is, his D is just as good at doing the same thing for the other team.
Agreed, but theoretically, Zona has PAC12 depth, BSU has MWC depth.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Two score game now. This thing is far from over, especially with how many points Dick Rod's O can put on the board. Problem is, his D is just as good at doing the same thing for the other team.
Agreed, but theoretically, Zona has PAC12 depth, BSU has MWC depth.
That theory hasn't held up too well for a lot of BSU's "big boy" opponents over the years. Plus, there's plenty of time to rest and heal up leading up to the bowls so depth is less of an issue, imo.