Sorry, Charlie

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Sorry, Charlie

Post by War Wagon »

San Diego that is. The Chiefs couldn't make the playoffs but they were going to make damn sure they didn't either. No sir, not in Arrowhead, not in our house.

Rack Justin Houston and 22 sacks on the season. 4 today, not a bad way to go out.

Whatever, it still sucks missing the playoffs and being one and done.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
kcdave
crusader

Re: Sorry, Charlie

Post by kcdave »

Pretty happy to see this garbage season come to an end. Next years schedule holds a little more promise. Hope to see most of what Scott mentioned above, and perhaps
that will finally get this town a playoff victory or two.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote: Andy needs to turn over play calling - some really bad calls and clock management again today

It'll never happen. You didn't get an upgraded Andy Reid who learned from his experience in Philly.. you got the same Andy Reid. The same stubborn SOB who doesn't run the ball enough and STILL hasn't managed to learn clock management.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Whatever.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The real story is that the Chargers were in the hunt at all. On their 5th center, no pass rush, Mathews hurt most of the season. Hopefully San Diego can get some players this offseason and really go to work next year. They have a terrific HC & QB, & need some oline help, pass rushers and another RB hopefully from the draft. Mathews should be jettisoned as he can't be depended on.

The Chief's have a lot of the pieces, I'm just not feeling Alex Smith as anything more than Chase Daniels, or a back up. Which is a problem when the team falls behind. Manning is cooked, and the Raiduh's are still a year or two away.

Next season is the Chargers year.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Joe in PB wrote: Next season is the Chargers year.
No, it isn't. This season made it abundantly clear that the Chargers lack talent and depth particularly on the offensive and defensive lines. They aren't going anywhere until that gets straightened out.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

We've see teams go from last place to first place in a single season many times. Agreed the Chargers need to solidify the center of there oline, find a pass rush, some speed at WR and another RB. Those things can be done through FA and the draft. I'm optimistic because they were undermanned much of the year, yet were still competing for a post season berth. Something that would not have happened in years past with the teams poor coaching.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Sweeping the Chargers or any team in the division won't be easy in the future if KC always has to play the perfect game. The Chargers were on a 5th string center, not good. No doubt the Chiefs are a good team, but with QB limitations won't be great. Unfortunately for them, QB is the most difficult position in the NFL to fill.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:Phyllis Rivers
I intentionally avoided pulling that card no matter how much I've despised him in the past. As many years as he's been around, he's earned some grudging respect.

But did you see him trying to escape Houston on that 4th sack? It looked like he was running in concrete shoes. It was comical and pathetic at the same time. I don't know how much time he has left in this league.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Joe in PB wrote:We've see teams go from last place to first place in a single season many times. Agreed the Chargers need to solidify the center of there oline, find a pass rush, some speed at WR and another RB. Those things can be done through FA and the draft. I'm optimistic because they were undermanned much of the year, yet were still competing for a post season berth. Something that would not have happened in years past with the teams poor coaching.
You might be able to fill one or two of those needs for next year, but you ain't getting them all. Next year no super for you!
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

War Wagon wrote:I don't know how much time he has left in this league.
Reasonable question. He's certainly past his peak, my guess he has one or two good seasons left, which is why I'm optimistic for next season. The Chargers have a very good HC who has made the most out of what he has the last couple of years. Improvements can be made and better things are to come next season.

Fuck the haters.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote: But did you see him trying to escape Houston on that 4th sack? It looked like he was running in concrete shoes. It was comical and pathetic at the same time. I don't know how much time he has left in this league.
He's never had much in the way of mobility. Hell, Dan Marino only rushed for 87 yards his entire career.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

mvscal wrote:
War Wagon wrote: But did you see him trying to escape Houston on that 4th sack? It looked like he was running in concrete shoes. It was comical and pathetic at the same time. I don't know how much time he has left in this league.
He's never had much in the way of mobility. Hell, Dan Marino only rushed for 87 yards his entire career.
Dan Marino had a line to protect him, dumbshit.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Marino also had the quickest release of any QB to play the game.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:Marino also had the quickest release of any QB to play the game.
I'd like to see those sports science guys on ESPN breakdown him, Elway, Rodgers and Luck. I suspect Elway's ball had the most zip but Rodgers manages both speed and accuracy with little to no motion.. much like Marino. Luck sometimes shows flashes too.