After week 7 - #2

Ole Miss
Currently 19th
After week 9 - #3

LSU
Currently receiving votes
After week #4 - 8th

aTm
Currently receiving votes (4, count 'em)
After week #6 - 7th

South Carolina
No votes
After week #5 - 15th
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Overrated SEC teams

Post by Left Seater »

If y'all would just ignore polls until Oct 15th this wouldn't be an issue.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

schmick wrote:The issue is eastern seaboard propaganda networks narative
Good Lord. You guys have now moved beyond tin foil hat territory.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The mighty SEC went 0-4 against the ACC today.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Back off the SEC, they may have a losing record against other P5 teams but they went a combined 23-0 against the FCS and Sun Belt. Sam and uncle chuckles can tell you how difficult that has to be!

0.454% Winning percentage against other P5 conference opponents.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The mighty SEC went 0-4 against the ACC today.

If what the SEC guys here say is true, then it makes all those FSU wins look better.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

The SEC played 48 games against opponents who are not power five conference members.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:And we'll see how they do in the bowl games - just like we do every year. You know - all those games where they usually match up SEC #4 vs. teams like #2 Big 10 or 12 teams?

The SEC East sucked morbidly this year. That much is certain.
You're barely above .500 against against the Big 12 the past half decade. Congrats on owning the Big Ten.

Iowa State and West Virginia have wins over out of conference P5 opponents; both over teams who finished in the upper half of their conference as a matter of fact. That's two out of the five of the programs who finished in the lower half of our conference. See how that beating up on Big Ten teams works, even in the regular season like the post season.

There's no spin that can save you this season.

What conference might get two teams in the playoffs? Definitely isn't the SEC . . .

For the record, only one team in the lower half of the SEC has a win over another P5 opponent and they beat another conference's fellow bottom feeder.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:And we'll see how they do in the bowl games - just like we do every year. You know - all those games where they usually match up SEC #4 vs. teams like #2 Big 10 or 12 teams?

The SEC East sucked morbidly this year. That much is certain.
You're barely above .500 against against the Big 12 the past half decade. Congrats on owning the Big Ten.

Iowa State and West Virginia have wins over out of conference P5 opponents; both over teams who finished in the upper half of their conference as a matter of fact. That's two out of the five of the programs who finished in the lower half of our conference. See how that beating up on Big Ten teams works, even in the regular season like the post season.

There's no spin that can save you this season.

What conference might get two teams in the playoffs? Definitely isn't the SEC . . .

For the record, only one team in the lower half of the SEC has a win over another P5 opponent and they beat another conference's fellow bottom feeder.
Be honest with yourself, dude. What do you really think Oklahoma would have done in the SEC West this year. :grin:
Anywhere from first to third. I mean, I think we could have ground out some wins in the meat grinder . . . Arkansas did, so did LSU.

Nobody in your division beat anyone we did any worse than we did or had any games that weren't just as close. Bama didn't beat West Virginia any worse than we did. The difference between Auburn/KState/Oklahoma appears to be a bunch of missed FGs. I'm looking at Tennessee's schedule right now, want to compare OU's notes to their SEC West opponents? Why should OU be scared of Bama? Is Mississippi going to make me shake in my boots? Why? A&M, there's a lot of history there that says "LMMFAO."

I think Oklahoma is a two or three loss team in any division or conference in the country; maybe fewer in a couple. That looks like a pretty damn competitive record in the SEC west.

Is Auburn fan calling KState chumps? Should watch your step there. Wes Virginia? Sam, step to the mic . . . Shit the only thing hanging any credibility on the SEC right now is that the Big 12 have credibility too. Better go look at your schedules.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

You are what your record says you are.

Someone said that last week.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

SunCoastSooner wrote:You're barely above .500 against against the Big 12 the past half decade. Congrats on owning the Big Ten.
The SEC is like 1 or 2 games over .500 against the B1G in the BCS era. If that's "owning", then they need to raise their standards of dominance.

And, shit, why should I care about the rest of the conference when my team has a winning record all-time against "The Conference" (with most of those games played in the south).
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Incorrect. Michigan State is 13-12-1 against the current teams in the SEC.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Hey, your conference brought them in. Don't get mad at me for that.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Papa Willie wrote:2-1 against A&M
5-3 against Missouri

If that's the route you have to take.
Why not?

Legit head to head games should count. You're a nitpicking midget lawyer if you try any other standard. :wink:
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Anywhere from first to third. I mean, I think we could have ground out some wins in the meat grinder . . . Arkansas did, so did LSU.

Nobody in your division beat anyone we did any worse than we did or had any games that weren't just as close. Bama didn't beat West Virginia any worse than we did. The difference between Auburn/KState/Oklahoma appears to be a bunch of missed FGs. I'm looking at Tennessee's schedule right now, want to compare OU's notes to their SEC West opponents? Why should OU be scared of Bama? Is Mississippi going to make me shake in my boots? Why? A&M, there's a lot of history there that says "LMMFAO."

I think Oklahoma is a two or three loss team in any division or conference in the country; maybe fewer in a couple. That looks like a pretty damn competitive record in the SEC west.

Is Auburn fan calling KState chumps? Should watch your step there. Wes Virginia? Sam, step to the mic . . . Shit the only thing hanging any credibility on the SEC right now is that the Big 12 have credibility too. Better go look at your schedules.
Auburn sucks and they beat the #3 Big 12 team in their house - all while playing like t-total shit. I'd say OU would be more like 6-6, maybe 7-5 in the SEC West.

Again - we'll see how they all do in the bowl games. If the SEC tanks, I'll be more than happy to say they suck. Something tells me you'll defend the Big 12 if they go winless in their bowl games, because that's just how much Big 12 cock you vape.
Yeah, you know the funny thing about common opponents is . . . La. Tech, Tennessee, and West Virginia . . . Allbarn & Alabama. You want to compare notes, lets compare them all. I watched your game against Louisiana Tech (my in laws force fed that shit show to me) . . . be thankful for missed FGs in Manhattan. You don't scare me none.

The emperor has no clothes.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Alabama is capable of beating anyone in college football. They're also quite capable of losing to anyone in the top 9 or 10.

Repeating what was said above...other than Georgia losing in OT to Tech, what SEC teams did anyone expect to beat their ACC opponents?

Let's see...a shitty Florida team scared the fuck outta the great FSU Seminoles.

A shitty USC lost to Clemson.

A shitty Kentucky pushed Louisville to the brink.

I'd say that was a pretty good day for the SEC (L)east.
You are what your record says you are. You want the narrative of the story to be different from now on . . . fucking play some real teams out of fucking conference. Forty Five out of conference games against non P5 teams, only 11 games against P5 teams (four of them required by state laws), 5-6. You are what your record says you are.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Alabama is capable of beating anyone in college football. They're also quite capable of losing to anyone in the top 9 or 10.

Repeating what was said above...other than Georgia losing in OT to Tech, what SEC teams did anyone expect to beat their ACC opponents?

Let's see...a shitty Florida team scared the fuck outta the great FSU Seminoles.

A shitty USC lost to Clemson.

A shitty Kentucky pushed Louisville to the brink.

I'd say that was a pretty good day for the SEC (L)east.
Isn't that sort of the point? If you were as awesome as you think you are, you wouldn't be heavy underdogs to multiple ACC teams.

And South Carolina was supposed to be good, remember? Why do they get a free pass?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

True, kinda like how the Big Ten's bottom feeder lost to the SEC East champi -- oh, wait.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:True, kinda like how the Big Ten's bottom feeder lost to the SEC East champi -- oh, wait.
Rack!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: fucking play some real teams out of fucking conference.

I think he means teams like Louisiana Tech or Tulsa, Sam. :lol:

Didn't you play La. Tech? They were your second best OOC game . . . they were OU's ptsy.

We went round about Tulsa, we are required to play them three times a decade; two at home, once in Tulsa. And let's compare a match up with Tulsa who has gone to a Bowl game more than 90% of the seasons this century, won more conference titles than any schools not named Oklahoma, Ohio State, or Boise State since the turn of the century. I mean they're no perennial six loss Sun Belt team but we'll have to suffice for them instead of Furman in November.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Didn't you play La. Tech? They were your second best OOC game . . . they were OU's ptsy.

We went round about Tulsa, we are required to play them three times a decade; two at home, once in Tulsa. And let's compare a match up with Tulsa who has gone to a Bowl game more than 90% of the seasons this century, won more conference titles than any schools not named Oklahoma, Ohio State, or Boise State since the turn of the century. I mean they're no perennial six loss Sun Belt team but we'll have to suffice for them instead of Furman in November.
Well yeah - Auburn did play them. Oh - I see. LT was really bad and is what you're talking about & all when they played Auburn, but were a powerhouse when Oklahomo played them. Got it.

Nothing's funnier than seeing you trying to talk up Tulsa, either.

Quit moving the goal posts around, lil' guy. You look pretty fucking stupid when doing as such... :grin:

No La. Tech sucked, outright sucked. That's why we used them as the patsy game at the start of our season for warm ups and so Fox Sports could get their PPV game in.

Auburn signed them as a legitimate schedule filler and was the second best team they played out of conference.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/9 ... ec-is-no-1
For the first time in years, the SEC has been knocked off its perch as the top conference in the nation in ESPN Stats and Information’s Conference Power Rankings.

The SEC was 0-4 in its SEC-ACC rivalry games, marking the first time since 2000 that Georgia, Florida and South Carolina each lost to its major in-state rival. The SEC is 5-6 (.455 win pct) in non-conference games against other Power 5 opponents, which ranks third among Power 5 conferences.

Non-Conference Games
vs Power 5 Teams
Record Win pct
Pac-12 8-3 .727
ACC 10-7 .588
SEC* 5-6 .455
Big 12 4-6 .400
Big Ten 6-11 .353
*0-4 vs ACC on Saturday
The race for No. 1, however, is basically a tie between the Big 12 and SEC. The Big 12’s rating is based largely on its strength at the top of the conference, which is measured by the Associated Press poll. The Big 12 has three teams – TCU, Baylor and Kansas State – in the top 10 of the AP poll, the most of any conference. Two of those teams will face off this weekend in Waco, Texas.

The Big 12 has a lower average Football Power Index ranking than the SEC and Pac-12, meaning that despite its strength at the top of the conference, it is not particularly deep. The Big 12 has four teams below 60th in the Football Power Index, which is as many as the Pac-12 and SEC have combined.

Nonetheless, Baylor, TCU and Kansas State are in the midst of strong seasons, and in a 10-team league, that has vaulted the Big 12 to the top of the rankings. In four of the first five College Football Playoff rankings, the Big 12 has been on the outside looking in, but the conference should have a strong argument for inclusion with Tuesday’s release.

The biggest riser in the Conference Power Rankings this week was the ACC. After sweeping the SEC-ACC rivalry games Saturday, the ACC rose 7.0 points to nearly pull even with the Big Ten. Georgia Tech, Clemson and Louisville each rose at least three spots in the AP poll and continued to climb in the Football Power Index.

It has been an up-and-down year for many conferences. The Big Ten was buried early in the year before bouncing back, particularly against the ACC, in Weeks 4 and 5. The ACC was having a down year before it swept the SEC-ACC rivalry series in Week 14. Conference strength will play a role in the College Football Playoff selection, but just as there is not a dominant team this year, there also may not be a dominant conference.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Sudden Sam wrote: I'd say it was a pretty unimpressive day for the ACC.
You can call it whatever you want, but it won't change the results at all.

However, if you are going to point out that the SEC out of conference losses are to be expected due to the other teams records etc, then you have to do the same thing with all of the SEC out of conference wins. You end up looking like LTS if you tout the conf's win without any qualifications and then qualify ever loss.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: I'd say it was a pretty unimpressive day for the ACC.
You can call it whatever you want, but it won't change the results at all.

However, if you are going to point out that the SEC out of conference losses are to be expected due to the other teams records etc, then you have to do the same thing with all of the SEC out of conference wins. You end up looking like LTS if you tout the conf's win without any qualifications and then qualify ever loss.

:popcorn: Racks and stuff.

Your Indiana is showing Sammy boy.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm not suggesting that the losses are a badge of honor! I'm just pointing out that top ACC teams barely beat the dregs of the SEC. They're still losses and that ain't good.
Georgia was a top 10 team and lost at home to Ga Tech. Why should they get a free pass?

South Carolina was ranked preseason top 10. Why should they get a free pass?

Florida is one of your traditional powers. Why should they get a free pass for sucking? Isn't the object to be good?

Kentucky and Louisville are traditionally mediocre programs known for basketball. But in recent years Louisville has surpassed their SEC in-state rival. Why does Kentucky get a free pass?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Ok you want to qualify, everyone else can as well.

Florida was playing their rival in the last game for their Head Coach. They also had a shot to end a 28 game win streak.

If Kentucky is that bad then why don't we remove their losses from the other SEC teams win column?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:I was referring only to Florida and Kentucky.

FSU beat a bad Florida team.

Louisville beat a bad Kentucky team.

Nothing to brag about in either case.
Excuses . . .
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:FSU beat a bad Florida team.
But surely you'll ride their coattails when they're good.
Louisville beat a bad Kentucky team.
Why is Louisville better than Kentucky? One school has SEC resources, the other has bounced around three difference conferences in the last 10 years.

Excuses.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Georgia was a top 10 team and lost at home to Ga Tech. Why should they get a free pass?

South Carolina was ranked preseason top 10. Why should they get a free pass?

Florida is one of your traditional powers. Why should they get a free pass for sucking? Isn't the object to be good?

Kentucky and Louisville are traditionally mediocre programs known for basketball. But in recent years Louisville has surpassed their SEC in-state rival. Why does Kentucky get a free pass?
Whoa Mgo, what are you doing? Stop peeking under the table cloth.

Your right eye should be shut and your left eye open. What about the season those two Mississippi schools had? Or how Arkansas really came on at the end of the schedule? Stay focused.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

You have to understand, tubby, that not all of us take this shit as seriously as you do. But thanks for always rising to the bait.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:You have to understand, tubby, that not all of us take this shit as seriously as you do. But thanks for always rising to the bait.
I'm not the one that creates threads like this one. Hope you understand...
No. And they are created for a reason. Hope you understand... :mrgreen:

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:To Mgo, SCS and the others:

At what point did you realize that the SEC had ruined your lives? I'm just curious, because I don't know what it's like to have a college football conference fuck up my life...
You've been hammering out this lame ass response for months now. Jawing back and forth about teams, coaches, conferences, etc., is part of the fun of college football. Sorry you can't understand that and instead take it personally.

I don't often agree with Sam, but at least he's capable of engaging the topic and putting forth a take without resorting to humorless gifs and non-sequiturs.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:If Bama doesn't annihilate Missouri........
........ then what, ellipsis Sam?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:But other conferences don't make me angry. However - I find your constant crying about the SEC pretty fucking funny - so feel free to continue. :grin:
And I find your meltage in response to my "constant crying" pretty fucking funny. So it all works out. :grin:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:I'm not the one that creates threads like this one. Hope you understand...
No. And they are created for a reason. Hope you understand... :mrgreen:
So you get to gorge yourself on my fat-filled stool?
Uh, no thanks, tubby.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

At what point did you realize that the SEC had ruined your lives? I'm just curious, because I don't know what it's like to have a college football conference fuck up my life...
This is your go to now when you've lost a debate instead of dick jokes?

Age has not been kind to you.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

This is your go to now when you've lost a debate instead of dick jokes?

Age has not been kind to you.
And how many threads have you seen me start like this one?
Do you know why people answer a question with a question every time they are losing an argument?

Pertinent conversations to college football being discussed on a CFB forum? The Horrah . . .
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: Do you know why people answer a question with a question every time they are losing an argument?

Pertinent conversations to college football being discussed on a CFB forum? The Horrah . . .
I continuously provide facts and statistics. I don't have to operate via anger & resentment. Again - I just don't understand why you're always so ball-hopping angry about the SEC. You should be thrilled with the new Top 25. It doesn't affect me.
The only thing you have ever done is point to SOS formulas. A formula which numerous people who you admit are better educated than yourself have explained to you repeatedly doesn't work because the SEC compartmentalizes it's numbers from the rest of college football through their scheduling tactics . . . which leads us back to square one of the argument: Play some fucking body out of conference and prove it.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Papa Willie wrote: Here's a neat one:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo ... mpetition/
If those #s are correct...

Checkmate.
There is no way that can be correct and the SEC having played the least number of P5 opponents the last decade as Fox and ESPN have both said on air the last week.